forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kurasha244
I'm getting sensitivity stuck on 1x after tabbing out. This completely kills me as a mouse player. Restarting fixes until it does it again. Using raw input, and in options the reports/latency is just frozen on whatever the last values were. Toggling does nothing.

--edit--
Video of thing.
ukod
Tablet movement doesn't affect scrolling in song selection for a brief time after selecting a song.

Edit: Same happens for mouse if you leftclick and drag quickly to scroll after selecting a song.
Tom94

Italo wrote:

Yep raw input enabled, it's not working here

edit----

Running on sony vaio duo 13, windows 8.1 OS
Can you try disabling "OS tablet support" in the options? That should help - it overrides the multitouch support. Please make sure you are running the latest cutting edge build when you test this since the input changes got removed from public for the time being.
Tom94

LoliFlan wrote:

I can paralax osu!'s main menu until its gone. I have two monitors, if i keep moving my mouse cursor the the left (onto my secondary monitor), the menu keeps moving to the right, going offscreen and leaving black blank space.

Actually it happens if you just keep moving your cursor to the side of your screen's end. Strange thing is the cursor is stuck there when you try to move the other way until the menu compensates its location.
Does it actually happen in the most recent version? I can see the update button on your screenshot and I submitted a fix that was supposed to address this.
Flanster
Oh derpy, it's fixed now. Sorry about that!
drflash55
If you go into the beatmap editor and open up the online users (F9), the FPS drops down to insanely low levels...

This is kind of annoying... :x
Italo

Tom94 wrote:

Italo wrote:

edit----

Can you try disabling "OS tablet support" in the options? That should help - it overrides the multitouch support. Please make sure you are running the latest cutting edge build when you test this since the input changes got removed from public for the time being.
I'm on lastest build, os tablet support disabled, still the same thing, no multitouch working
ZmBzRALIVE
Hello, I logged on this morning and I'm having problems with My "Mouse sensitivity" Today. In the update I seen it had "Fixed Sensitivity issues" Though, I don't believe it has been fixed if I'm having this issue. My Mouse is moving as if "RAW input" is not on. This is what My Settings are if We could get this fixed it would be awesome. (You see the update button because I was switching to stable build)
Drezi
With raw input enabled, the cursor jumps around randomly while in replay mode.

(Raw input for wacom tablets is awesome btw, but I have to make use of windows settings for my mouse sens, so it'd be great if there was a "raw input - gameplay only" option, so that my mouse sens for game menus, chat and whatever is unaffected.)
power007

Tom94 wrote:

Italo wrote:

edit----

Same here, I have Surface Pro 2 and multitouch does't work with raw input or disable tablet support...
TheLukay
I can't search anything in osu direct. it always gives 0 results.
- Marco -

TheLukay wrote:

I can't search anything in osu direct. it always gives 0 results.
t/274193
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by Tom94:

Change the way WndProc is hooked to ensure messages are handled first by the game when running in OpenGL mode.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150102cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
chong601
Affects: b20150102.3cuttingedge

The windows cursor able to exit the osu window, but the osu! cursor seems to be stuck in the osu! window area.
Tablet is CTL-480, raw input enabled, map absolute raw input to the osu! window disabled
However cursor exits osu! if it is unfocused or if extended chat is open (F9)

Screenshot: (no video sorry)

UPDATE: Still happens as on b20150102.5cuttingedge
Only affected if you use tablet only (mouse doesn't seem to be at fault)
IA42
Windows pointer show when your move cursor to the side of osu! in borderless or fullscreen mode and that's make some ppl (included me) cannot press back quickly :cry: (Just move your cursor to the right or left your screen in borderless or fullscreen mode, i can't give any screenshot because when i tried to take it the windows pointer disappear :| )
Tom94

chong601 wrote:

The windows cursor able to exit the osu window, but the osu! cursor seems to be stuck in the osu! window area.
Tablet is CTL-480, raw input enabled, map absolute raw input to the osu! window disabled

This is intended. Raw input is not handled when having the cursor outside of the osu! window for various reasons which as a consequence can't apply cursor sensitivity and would cause visual artifacts when the osu! cursor would be allowed to leave the osu! window.
pielak213
The first click after attempting to scroll won't work occasionally after choosing a song difficulty bar. There is no problem if I use the bars to scroll. It only happens when scrolling with the space between the difficulty bars and online scoreboards.

Example video: http://a.pomf.se/djfjth.mp4
I have the CursorExpand: 1 in my skin to show when my mouse 1 is held down.

yay tom fixed http://i.imgur.com/CWdAKIY.png
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by Tom94:

Fix clicks at the window boundary not registering in fullscreen modes when using relative input.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150103cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
chong601

Tom94 wrote:

chong601 wrote:

This is intended. Raw input is not handled when having the cursor outside of the osu! window for various reasons which as a consequence can't apply cursor sensitivity and would cause visual artifacts when the osu! cursor would be allowed to leave the osu! window.
So, that means the osu!cursor locking in osu! window when the windows cursor is out of osu! window is an intended behavior? (still happens on the latest cuttingedge build)

(the circle is between in and out of osu! window)
petsku10
okay i dont know if its me or not but ive been getting this wierd problem im not 100% sure that is my mouse the problems but like when i try to press circles or what ever it feels like there is invisible wall on there so it kinda drives me away from the circle its been bothering me like 3 days or something even the easiest maps r hard when i have this its like i cant control my mouse anymore when i play this (not so sure if its my mouse or the game)
GenoClysm
I'm getting a seriously bad bug on b20150101.10 cutting edge. The reason i'm still on this build is becuase I currently can't find a way to get out of this version. Every time i start up the game it tells me there are updates available, but when i click the restart game button at the bottom, I just restart back to the same build. Whenever i try to switch to the stable release stream, when i restart it still sends me to this same cutting edge build. It seems that the osu!updater exe was removed, so i can't run that to force an update manually. What exactly am I to do here?
Dumii
Since updating to b20150101.10 cutting edge, the right click function in song selection menu, ie. right click immediately scrolling to where the cursor is in your song library, is not longer working. This only seems to happen with the right click function on my tablet pen, whereas right clicking with mouse provides the intended outcome.

Not a major issue, just wanted to point out... :p
Tom94

Dumii wrote:

Since updating to b20150101.10 cutting edge, the right click function in song selection menu, ie. right click immediately scrolling to where the cursor is in your song library, is not longer working. This only seems to happen with the right click function on my tablet pen, whereas right clicking with mouse provides the intended outcome.

Not a major issue, just wanted to point out... :p
Resolved per ingame chat. :)
kouzuki_karen
Issue: cutting-edge version breaks export beatmap function.

In the cutting edge version, if a beatmap is exported then someone attempts to open it, it will cause the import to fail and be moved to the "Failed" category. Example map: this.

However, the same beatmap was exported in the stable version and was able to be imported (this).

CE version: b20150103.10
[BAR] Rei
I used to hate triangles. Now that they've been removed, I miss them. I took them for granted and didn't appreciate them the way i should have. Please come back quickly, trianglypooes, I miss you.
- Marco -

[BAR] Rei wrote:

I used to hate triangles. Now that they've been removed, I miss them. I took them for granted and didn't appreciate them the way i should have. Please come back quickly, trianglypooes, I miss you.
i know that feeling ç__ç

They're a WIP and will be back soon
IA42
Stars not showing when using 1k,2k,3k,9k & 10k
Bara-
Confirm, but I think it needs to get calculated first
Also for 1K, isn't that a little too hard?
Mad Machine Single Tap (and only getting 660000 as maximum score)
- Marco -
Also why osu! can't save some buttons in 10k?

(i tried to save as:A,S,D,F,G,H,J,K,L,ò)

OMGasm
Long audio device names don't render properly
- Marco -

OMGasm wrote:

Long audio device names don't render properly
Yup :C
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by peppy:

Fix text overflow rendering on dropdown items.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150105.11cuttingedge.

OMGasm

If it's meant to cut off, then I suppose that's not a problem, but there also seems to be an overlap with the dropdown arrow, which I'm not sure if it was there before...
Friendan
This is barely a problem, but recently, if I hit esc right when I fail a song, this happens
EDIT: Never mind, it's a problem with my skin. A part of my osu! folder got corrupted, including the .exe
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
There is a problem with subfolders extracting at the moment. If this might cause an inconvenience to you I would advise you to switch to stable until it is resolved in cutting edge.
Steffie

TheVileOne wrote:

There is a problem with subfolders extracting at the moment. If this might cause an inconvenience to you I would advise you to switch to stable until it is resolved in cutting edge.
Yes, if i even could open the game to change to that.
drum drum

Stefive wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

drum drum wrote:

Open (literally) osu!.cfg and turn "_ReleaseStream" from CuttingEdge to "Stable" while osu! is not running
Steffie

drum drum wrote:

Open (literally) osu!.cfg and turn "_ReleaseStream" from CuttingEdge to "Stable" while osu! is not running
I knew it was somewhere..
I was looking in the other one.. Aka: osu!.Stefive

Thanks for the help, really appreciated :)
Prophecy

Wrong Display on counting of "Dash" "Left" "Right"

Fix it Please ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
- Marco -

Prophecy wrote:

Wrong Display on counting of "Dash" "Left" "Right"

Fix it Please ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
This thread is for cutting-edge only bugs
show more