forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bauxe
Seems fine now, not sure what was going on.
Kuronoya
Is the search in-game a little bugged? When I enter a search term that only comes up with one result (search is normal whenever there's more than one result), the menu button never appears, though osu tries to move to the map and starts playing the song.

After exiting the search, it still doesn't show in the list.

Happens with any skin. After fixing it by scrolling off the page it's supposed to appear on (until the empty space is no longer visible on screen), or exiting song select and returning, it stays fixed until you play a map or restart. Sorry if this has already been reported or noted on somewhere else;; I'm certain that it didn't happen to me yesterday, though. And it's different from the song selection disappearing due to group sort or collections.
Tom94

Kuronoya wrote:

Is the search in-game a little bugged? When I enter a search term that only comes up with one result (search is normal whenever there's more than one result), the menu button never appears, though osu tries to move to the map and starts playing the song.

After exiting the search, it still doesn't show in the list.

Happens with any skin. After fixing it by scrolling off the page it's supposed to appear on (until the empty space is no longer visible on screen), or exiting song select and returning, it stays fixed until you play a map or restart. Sorry if this has already been reported or noted on somewhere else;; I'm certain that it didn't happen to me yesterday, though. And it's different from the song selection disappearing due to group sort or collections.
Already fixed it internally alongside some other stuff. Soon to be on cuttingedge.
ReallyFastCat
The editor seems to have problems when moving a set of stacked notes while distance snap is on. They just jump all over the place, like it's trying to snap each one individually.

EDIT: My osu! just crashed while I was moving stacked notes, something is really wrong there...
Flanster
I'm having a weird glitch with userpanels not refreshing properly, it can be replicated by messing with the dropdown and tabs, resulting in something like this.

Switching to World Map back and forth, refreshes them somewhat but still it doesnt update new incoming panels.
on latest b20141230.4cuttingedge
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by peppy:

Fix user panels not updating after scrolling.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141230.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
Prophecy
Problem Details:

Bad Display on List.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141230.2cuttingedge
Ayesha Altugle

TheVileOne wrote:

Please try not to repeat the same issues already posted

Prophecy wrote:

Problem Details:

Bad Display on List.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141230.2cuttingedge
Update your osu!
Kuro
Is it just me or is scrolling a problem again?

I can scroll in a few places except song select, options, and the chat window(ONLY if the user panel isn't open too). Seems to only not work when the osu! pointer is being used. If my windows cursor is visible everything works fine but that's basically only when the user panel is open.

This only applies to my laptop's touch pad, more specifically, the gestures. I tried an external mouse and everything works fine with that.

osu! version: 20141231.2cuttingedge
Ternasyl
Hi, while everyone is having a problem with uploading beatmaps, I have a problem with LOADING beatmaps. No matter what beatmap I download, it shows me that the beatmap is broken or incomplete and sends it to some "Failed" folder. Hope you will fix it! (there's no problem with my net)
drum drum

Ternasyl wrote:

Hi, while everyone is having a problem with uploading beatmaps, I have a problem with LOADING beatmaps. No matter what beatmap I download, it shows me that the beatmap is broken or incomplete and sends it to some "Failed" folder. Hope you will fix it! (there's no problem with my net)
Make a new thread
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by smoogipooo:

Fix slider bodies longer than the timeline not showing.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141231.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
Kurokami
I can't go out of the screen at the bottom of the window in editor nor can I click on the slow down buttons. This is happening after the latest update (20150101).
Bara-
Try updating, 20150101.1 is the latest
Also, do you have raw input enabled?
Then it's probably due to this
Kurokami
There is no such an update for me and yes I have raw input enabled and yes, probably because of that but this still needs to be fixed. :P
- Marco -
Can confirm Kurokami's issue D:
Tom94
Don't worry, it's fixed already.
Italo

The multitouch isn't working, talked with other friends and the same for they
Tom94

Italo wrote:

Are you sure raw input is enabled? You should be able to touch with another finger while already having contact and have the mouse cursor move and click at the most recent touch location.
Flanster
I can paralax osu!'s main menu until its gone. I have two monitors, if i keep moving my mouse cursor the the left (onto my secondary monitor), the menu keeps moving to the right, going offscreen and leaving black blank space.

Actually it happens if you just keep moving your cursor to the side of your screen's end. Strange thing is the cursor is stuck there when you try to move the other way until the menu compensates its location.
Italo

Tom94 wrote:

Italo wrote:

Are you sure raw input is enabled? You should be able to touch with another finger while already having contact and have the mouse cursor move and click at the most recent touch location.
Yep raw input enabled, it's not working here

edit----

Running on sony vaio duo 13, windows 8.1 OS
Kurasha244
I'm getting sensitivity stuck on 1x after tabbing out. This completely kills me as a mouse player. Restarting fixes until it does it again. Using raw input, and in options the reports/latency is just frozen on whatever the last values were. Toggling does nothing.

--edit--
Video of thing.
ukod
Tablet movement doesn't affect scrolling in song selection for a brief time after selecting a song.

Edit: Same happens for mouse if you leftclick and drag quickly to scroll after selecting a song.
Tom94

Italo wrote:

edit----

Can you try disabling "OS tablet support" in the options? That should help - it overrides the multitouch support. Please make sure you are running the latest cutting edge build when you test this since the input changes got removed from public for the time being.
Tom94

LoliFlan wrote:

I can paralax osu!'s main menu until its gone. I have two monitors, if i keep moving my mouse cursor the the left (onto my secondary monitor), the menu keeps moving to the right, going offscreen and leaving black blank space.

Actually it happens if you just keep moving your cursor to the side of your screen's end. Strange thing is the cursor is stuck there when you try to move the other way until the menu compensates its location.
Does it actually happen in the most recent version? I can see the update button on your screenshot and I submitted a fix that was supposed to address this.
Flanster
Oh derpy, it's fixed now. Sorry about that!
drflash55
If you go into the beatmap editor and open up the online users (F9), the FPS drops down to insanely low levels...

This is kind of annoying... :x
Italo

Tom94 wrote:

Italo wrote:

edit----

Can you try disabling "OS tablet support" in the options? That should help - it overrides the multitouch support. Please make sure you are running the latest cutting edge build when you test this since the input changes got removed from public for the time being.
I'm on lastest build, os tablet support disabled, still the same thing, no multitouch working
ZmBzRALIVE
Hello, I logged on this morning and I'm having problems with My "Mouse sensitivity" Today. In the update I seen it had "Fixed Sensitivity issues" Though, I don't believe it has been fixed if I'm having this issue. My Mouse is moving as if "RAW input" is not on. This is what My Settings are if We could get this fixed it would be awesome. (You see the update button because I was switching to stable build)
Drezi
With raw input enabled, the cursor jumps around randomly while in replay mode.

(Raw input for wacom tablets is awesome btw, but I have to make use of windows settings for my mouse sens, so it'd be great if there was a "raw input - gameplay only" option, so that my mouse sens for game menus, chat and whatever is unaffected.)
power007

Tom94 wrote:

Italo wrote:

edit----

Same here, I have Surface Pro 2 and multitouch does't work with raw input or disable tablet support...
TheLukay
I can't search anything in osu direct. it always gives 0 results.
- Marco -

TheLukay wrote:

I can't search anything in osu direct. it always gives 0 results.
t/274193
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by Tom94:

Change the way WndProc is hooked to ensure messages are handled first by the game when running in OpenGL mode.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150102cuttingedge.

chong601
Affects: b20150102.3cuttingedge

The windows cursor able to exit the osu window, but the osu! cursor seems to be stuck in the osu! window area.
Tablet is CTL-480, raw input enabled, map absolute raw input to the osu! window disabled
However cursor exits osu! if it is unfocused or if extended chat is open (F9)

Screenshot: (no video sorry)

UPDATE: Still happens as on b20150102.5cuttingedge
Only affected if you use tablet only (mouse doesn't seem to be at fault)
IA42
Windows pointer show when your move cursor to the side of osu! in borderless or fullscreen mode and that's make some ppl (included me) cannot press back quickly :cry: (Just move your cursor to the right or left your screen in borderless or fullscreen mode, i can't give any screenshot because when i tried to take it the windows pointer disappear :| )
Tom94

chong601 wrote:

The windows cursor able to exit the osu window, but the osu! cursor seems to be stuck in the osu! window area.
Tablet is CTL-480, raw input enabled, map absolute raw input to the osu! window disabled

This is intended. Raw input is not handled when having the cursor outside of the osu! window for various reasons which as a consequence can't apply cursor sensitivity and would cause visual artifacts when the osu! cursor would be allowed to leave the osu! window.
pielak213
The first click after attempting to scroll won't work occasionally after choosing a song difficulty bar. There is no problem if I use the bars to scroll. It only happens when scrolling with the space between the difficulty bars and online scoreboards.

Example video: http://a.pomf.se/djfjth.mp4
I have the CursorExpand: 1 in my skin to show when my mouse 1 is held down.

yay tom fixed http://i.imgur.com/CWdAKIY.png
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by Tom94:

Fix clicks at the window boundary not registering in fullscreen modes when using relative input.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150103cuttingedge.

chong601

Tom94 wrote:

chong601 wrote:

This is intended. Raw input is not handled when having the cursor outside of the osu! window for various reasons which as a consequence can't apply cursor sensitivity and would cause visual artifacts when the osu! cursor would be allowed to leave the osu! window.
So, that means the osu!cursor locking in osu! window when the windows cursor is out of osu! window is an intended behavior? (still happens on the latest cuttingedge build)

(the circle is between in and out of osu! window)
show more