forum

[added] Hidden Scores

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +959
show more
ieb
In my opinion, Hidden scores should be moved to another database (in case if the ban is by mistake / for recovery) instead of leaving it here, still counting ranks.
A strange thing is that these scores were accessible via API (fixed now, and the Github link for this issue in API: https://github.com/peppy/osu-api/issues/75 )
- Marco -
They should be deleted like once in a week (or maybe a day)
Saoji
Supporting this. It's really confusing.
xGx
Agreed, hopefully it gets fixed. +1
Josepher
Pls T_T
xasuma
This feels more like a bug than anything else. I doubt it is intended. But anyways, I would like this fixed as well.
ieb
I think it's fixed now, why is it still here?
Orthos

jebwizoscar wrote:

I think it's fixed now, why is it still here?
I have no idea what game you're playing, but it's still a problem for everyone else on this site playing this game.

Bara-

Still a problem
aefrogdog
Why wouldn't hidden scores get deleted..?
Future_miku95

Haxwell wrote:

2. This thing with hidden scores/the function with hidden scores in general is really confusing the leaderboards since you have no clue what score to beat to achieve a certain rank.
i absolutely agree with this one.. we don't know what score to beat.. maybe their score is above 900million or not we don't know it at all.. but i suspected the hidden score that usually get 1# is mostly hacking score... if this is true then i will be more frustrated and annoying..

if they have problem like getting reported but isn't hacking so why not try to settle this thing 1st before continuing to play?? after that thing is settled then you want to get 1# or not is up to you at all so that it doesn't confusing people..

+1 from me... because it annoys me too since it happens to me many times..
Bauxe

aefrogdog wrote:

Why wouldn't hidden scores get deleted..?
They are accounts that still exist, can still place scores, but are hidden due to infringements. ie. Accounts that are in restricted mode.
Charize
Well this is nothing other than bullshit. It does not affect me (yet) but I can really understand feeling angry that some cheater placed higher than you and that this matters to the system. I will support and hope that this is fixed by the time I start getting some #1 scores.
mithral
supporting

ClawViper
Definitely agree with this. It is extremely annoying to see #1s you get not show up on the top ranks simply because someone hacked the #1 score. In case the hidden player proved himself to be legit, his #1 position can be restored when he is unbanned. It creates a lot of confusion for people going for #1 scores and only to be disappointed after trying hard to see that they did not get the #1 on their profile 'First Place Ranks'.
peppy
How do things look now?
Taboki

peppy wrote:

How do things look now?
I don't have any #2's which was #1's so I cannot check but only thing left now is to get it to show up at First Place Ranks at the userpage.
Pictures:
Spro is #1:

But it's not on first place ranks:

Example taken from Spro. Beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/172662
This is not really important but might be a bit irritating.
peppy
Thanks, fixed that remaining issue. Please check again now.
Taboki

peppy wrote:

Thanks, fixed that remaining issue. Please check again now.

Looking good! :D
Nicely done!

Just a quick question: Will these #1's also show up in #announce and as #1 in recent activity or still count as #13 for an example?
Toy
Thank you based Peppy
Kasie
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2524995

in country ranking from the client, if I'm last place I don't show up in the board but down in my personal best, is this intended?
Cayman

[Toy] wrote:

Thank you based Peppy
^
BeMoNcHiK
Thanks peppy! You best! :3
Astar
Is it really fixed?
- Marco -

Astar wrote:

Is it really fixed?
That aren't updated in realtime
Taboki

Astar wrote:

Is it really fixed?
I tried to ask about that.. Ohwell, soon..
Lucrisiah
Thanks peppy ^^
Future_miku95
Thanks Peppy,, fixed finally
Riyukii
Agree.
Nelliel
Kappa
Pawsu

WhozChaos wrote:

Kappa
Let's not bump threads for no reason.