forum

[added] Hidden Scores

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +959
show more
Astar
Doyak
+1, I have several cases like that, too, like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2253593
isokasapupuja
pls fix
Monzero
I do agree that this is quite a big problem, not for me since I don't get into the leaderboards, but I have a lot of friends that have the same problem and they find it annoying.
rarzzz
I Haven't really encountered this problem, but this really seems like a huge problem, and i totally agree with this post.
+1 for this. Hope it will get solved soon.
AntoN
Yea, they should make it so the hidden scores get deleted instantly !
oliebol

Kevs wrote:

Oh and maybe you could put the "Hidden scores" in a separate database from the ones being shown.

Seems like the best idea to me :D
Skidayo
I agree too
andres3009
i totally agree with this. Peppy pls read this and do something.
At least im not good enough to have this problem (necer apeared on a leaderboard xd)
Paco
1+ or 2 8-)
Tom94
I'll look into this when finishing up per-mod scoring.
Gyuunyu

Been experiencing this and it's not a good sight.
Working our best to make a score that will beat everyone on the leaderboard, and later on notice that someone else, someone that's NOT even ALLOWED to PLAY THIS GAME has a so called "Hiddenscore," that has a better score, makes me sick.
Totaly agree with,Haxwell on this one.
Mismagius

baraatje123 wrote:

Guys
This is already the case
Every once in a while, all hidden scores get deleted
No they don't.

Support.
Bara-
Serious?
They do not disappear?
Wtf
I was certain they did
Ah well
In that case, SUPPORT (w/o stars) ;-;
randomizer89
+1
really fix this:
2. Keep the hidden scores function but make it so it doesn't affect the leaderboards/rankings on beatmaps.
Heklo
2. This thing with hidden scores/the function with hidden scores in general is really confusing the leaderboards since you have no clue what score to beat to achieve a certain rank.
Yepp that's true! First time I achieved a place on the leaderboard was just a couple of days ago, it said that I got place #51 but then I saw my name on place #49 and I got really confused. :S http://imgur.com/XS8C7re

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3507534--Woot? :S
MeGl
I agree~
It'd be better to delete them quickly.
hummingbird
+1, Hidden scores are annoying
Satella
yes.
Bara-
Wow
All those stars in such short time
Unsafeman121
+1

~ I mean come on now, is there really a reason someone WOULDN'T support this? :P
cr1mmy
:( :( :( :(
Kodehawa_old
Well, I got banned and unbanned one time (9 days ban), because somebody entered to my account (that's what support said).
So I think, if scores gets not hidden but removed, this kind of case will be impossible to handle because we will actually LOST the score, or no?

EDIT:
2. Keep the hidden scores function but make it so it doesn't affect the leaderboards/rankings on beatmaps, have the scores of the user completely removed and keep them removed/hidden from leaderboards & ranking's until the player gets unbanned/unlocked and then have the scores implemented back in case someone would get banned incorrectly and that appeal leading to an unban/if the player would be found not guilty.
Welp, didn't read that, sorry.
Balanced
+1. Totally agree.
Insolent
+45 agree.
lingonberra
Potato. Not legit. /Thread.
ExGon
agree :)
Winshley
Supporting. As I have said several times before, hidden scores are very misleading. I would really suggest #2 just in case someone has been banned for behavior problem (which may be unbanned for this case).

Well, Tom94 already have his say on this thread, so hopefully soon. :)
winber1

baraatje123 wrote:

Serious?
They do not disappear?
Wtf
I was certain they did
Ah well
In that case, SUPPORT (w/o stars) ;-;
I'm pretty sure they are manually taken out. There isn't some sort of auto-remove hidden scores things. Like obvious hacked scores for some popular maps will get looked into and taken out, but other maps that are not as well known will probably just stay in the shadows, or just out of laziness idk.

but who knows
based peppy show us your ways
Cayman
+1
I concur!
-GN

yes please
xLolicore-
Though I barely notice this whenever I get top 50 scores, it does get annoying for players. I have to agree that hidden scores have to get removed instantly the moment they get banned.
ieb
In my opinion, Hidden scores should be moved to another database (in case if the ban is by mistake / for recovery) instead of leaving it here, still counting ranks.
A strange thing is that these scores were accessible via API (fixed now, and the Github link for this issue in API: https://github.com/peppy/osu-api/issues/75 )
- Marco -
They should be deleted like once in a week (or maybe a day)
Saoji
Supporting this. It's really confusing.
xGx
Agreed, hopefully it gets fixed. +1
Josepher
Pls T_T
xasuma
This feels more like a bug than anything else. I doubt it is intended. But anyways, I would like this fixed as well.
ieb
I think it's fixed now, why is it still here?
Orthos

jebwizoscar wrote:

I think it's fixed now, why is it still here?
I have no idea what game you're playing, but it's still a problem for everyone else on this site playing this game.

show more