forum

DJ YOSHITAKA - Evans

posted
Total Posts
show more
maay
Too bad this got unranked, this is a great song and all of the difficulties are great and fun maps to play.

About the rule that states a map that contains lots of Insanes can't be ranked: what's the problem with this map having 3 insanes? Since the max ranked points that can be acquired from this map borders 8 million points ([Insane] diff), I don't see how ranking this map would harm anyone at all...

Star.
ztrot
As much as i hate to see maps unranked I wouldn't of unranked this for its diff spread. But there is a hidden note in Another

that Imo is enough reason to unrank.

note do no go under sliders in that manner even if the skin allows you to see it because without that skin you'd never see it coming

01:24:968 (2) -

gdeath

ztrot wrote:

As much as i hate to see maps unranked I wouldn't of unranked this for its diff spread. But there is a hidden note in Another

that Imo is enough reason to unrank.

note do no go under sliders in that manner even if the skin allows you to see it because without that skin you'd never see it coming

01:24:968 (2) -
sorry,i dont agree this opinion
its only not allowable for the slider absolutely covers slider
there no problems that those sliders cover the circle.and even its a [Another] diff,isnt it?
furthermore its easy to hit this pattern for almost all experienced players.

@Ephemeral

you unranked this map based on how you seen his HIIII difficulty star spread from the beatmap listing,didn you? 0.0
ah.i think you should click into EDIT and take a look at this at least.
Topic Starter
Jerrysr
Sorry, I went to sleep.

to ztrot: I will ask ignorethis to review this part.

to those who support me: thank you, but I don't want to perplex this issue. :)

to Cyclone: yes I didn't know the main point of unranking criterion in my map, Ephemeral didn't say it clearly.

to Ephemeral: I now understand your thoughts but I just want a equitable ranking standard.

So finally this map can just be approved not ranked?
(if I don't want to split the difficulty or do huge changes?)

SPOILER
I'm sad. :o
I don't want to make dispute.
arien666
Umm...

MC Lynn - EkiBEN2000 was ranked with HHIIIIII [osu diffs are HII , Taiko diffs are HIII]
So, that doesn't matter :3
But...

That hidden note seems not good imo.
Maybe, you need to fix this note plz :3...

edit. Well...
Someone said 'Plz revive my records of [Taiko diff] ;_;' youngdow did 400 plays to FC [Taiko diff]
Is that issue only for [Another] ?
But...
Whatever :3...
Ephemeral

Jerrysr wrote:

Sorry, I went to sleep.

to Cyclone: yes I didn't know the main point of unranking criterion in my map, Ephemeral didn't say it clearly.

to Ephemeral: I now understand your thoughts but I just want a equitable ranking standard.

SPOILER
This is being worked on. I'm sorry if you felt you were being picked on - we have to start establishing the standards somewhere, and unfortunately this just happened to be the first stepping stone for it all.

It would be perfectly fine for approval in its current state with absolutely no changes. If you wanted it ranked, however - extensive changes would need to be made, probably requiring you to drop quite a few of the guest insanes, which I'm sure is something that you really don't want to do.

Either way, the map gets a scoreboard in the end.

@gdeath: there are certain things maps cannot have if they are to be ranked, and hidden/occluded notes happens to be one of them. this has always been the case and will definitely not change just for this map
Astom

Ephemeral wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

Sorry, I went to sleep.

SPOILER
This is being worked on. I'm sorry if you felt you were being picked on - we have to start establishing the standards somewhere, and unfortunately this just happened to be the first stepping stone for it all.

It would be perfectly fine for approval in its current state with absolutely no changes. If you wanted it ranked, however - extensive changes would need to be made, probably requiring you to drop quite a few of the guest insanes, which I'm sure is something that you really don't want to do.

Either way, the map gets a scoreboard in the end.

@gdeath: there are certain things maps cannot have if they are to be ranked, and hidden/occluded notes happens to be one of them. this has always been the case and will definitely not change just for this map
first of all learn how speak "Point is, this shit doesn't fly anymore.", mod u vocabulary.
Rules are here to make things better but u need criteria for use them, if u make unflexible rules things like this occur, if you like make this things (unrank songs) I realy fell sry for you, BAT are here for help Mappers to make they songs RANKED OR APROVED, no unranked, offer a REAL solution (no "excuses") like maintain ranked 2 or 3 dif (the playable diff) and aproved the others what not have ranked criteria.

If u rly belive what u are a BAT, do good things, learn how help and no abuse of u position. I hope what you understand my message.

PD: Sry for my bad english ;o;
PD2: I see this post for warning of someone about this "Unraked" mode of BATs of do things, this is the worst solution I ever see.
ignorethis
Good job on your tag-unranking this map.

I've had enough trouble with my life these days, so I won't comment anymore. Just one thing, I have no intention of insulting anyone here, but please focus on high quality, not only those damn rules. Thank you. I can list a few songs in DJMax that have only harder difs, and "this is osu, not DJMax" isn't a good reason against my statement, since they are all rhythm games, though osu seems harder ;)

btw, I'll fix what ztrot mentioned asap if Jerrysr requires me to do so, if that's a reason for unranking this map.
Ephemeral
Ah, there it is.

Tag-unranking.

8-)
Lunah_old
another fantastic map killed by ephemeral D: wowowo!

speechless .
sico91212
another fantastic map killed by ephemeral D: wowowo!

so what's the next one?
Alace
come on
my map is so easy
rank it
ouranhshc

Alace wrote:

come on
my map is so easy
rank it
lol
tsuka

Alace wrote:

come on
my map is so easy
rank it
8-) thats really a excellent diffi with lower star ,i think we can rank it as soon as possible
Niner_old
sb always judge the maps by the bullshit in their mind.
Kujo
Another map Ephemeral unranks woptifuckingdoo.
Gabi
How is this for a solution, you rank the map, and then make the 2 guest Insane diffs approved in this mapset, or let jerrysr decide which 2 guest diffs should go for approved.
Lunah_old
TEDDYBEAR
haruhiteamsos
support jerrysr~
Ana_Coppola

Alace wrote:

come on
my map is so easy
rank it

yeah~~~FL+DT+HR+HD+SD

I got SS just only 1 try :)
Cyclone

Gabi wrote:

How is this for a solution, you rank the map, and then make the 2 guest Insane diffs approved in this mapset, or let jerrysr decide which 2 guest diffs should go for approved.
I'd almost be willing to buy that solution. There's just one thing that bothers me. Why the hell does a map need 3 insanes in the first place? There is no reason whatsoever. If keeping the 3 insanes is just a matter of preserving work that's already been done, fine, whatever, approve them, I don't care(talk to peppy), but there's no reason for that work to have been done in the first place. It's not like the difficulties would have filled a gap in the mapset(aka if there was no insane), so what the hell was the point? (Anybody preparing to suggest "Why not?" as an argument... needs to just not do so at this time.)

If any decision is made about this, let me know so i can formerly mod this.

Also, tag-unranking, what? Does that even mean anything?
Topic Starter
Jerrysr

Cyclone wrote:

Gabi wrote:

I'd almost be willing to buy that solution. There's just one thing that bothers me. Why the hell does a map need 3 insanes in the first place? There is no reason whatsoever. If keeping the 3 insanes is just a matter of preserving work that's already been done, fine, whatever, approve them, I don't care(talk to peppy), but there's no reason for that work to have been done in the first place. It's not like the difficulties would have filled a gap in the mapset(aka if there was no insane), so what the hell was the point? (Anybody preparing to suggest "Why not?" as an argument... needs to just not do so at this time.)

It's not about 3 insanes in the first places. You don't need to play them all, and score record is still the highest score. My map got unranked because the obscured "rule", not too many [insane].
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=439 the Criteria not lists.
A lot of mapsets with many insanes got ranked, so why I'm the one got unranked? Just for the 3 difficulties you called "ridiculous" in one mapset? It's not a reason. You can still ask peppy to unrank some ridiculous mapsets.
A lot of maps are in the same situation and not unranked.

And it's not about fills the gap. I can make a map with five [Easy] and still be ranked.
like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/10890

So the point is: I should know the RULES (not criteria, everybody knows it) before I map. Where's the "Rule"?
I want a good reason, or who can explain/list the "rules" that I didn't see.

If it's my fault about I didn't review the rules clearly, then whatever you bats decide I accept.
If not, please rerank.

I know I can't talk terms with bats because I'm just a player.

(Anyway, Gabi's solution is good. )

Edit: sleeping, tired :<
Mystearica
let's sum this up in one sentence:

i like teddbears.
YEAH. TEDDYBEAR.

k moving on
Gabi

Cyclone wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Things like this just happens every now and then. The song is pretty nice, so people would like to make a diff for it. They had no intention of trying to break a rule or trying to bother other people by putting a few more insanes in their mapset. They could have just uploaded their own mapset sure, however lots of us think that it would be smoother if we just squeezed it into an already uploaded map, that way we wouldn't need to have several ranked maps of the same song. Personally i wouldn't like playing 10 maps with the same song just to get some ranked score (please god someone stop all the Bad Apple! maps). With a few more insanes, it also gives players a wider mapping style to choose from. For example someone might not like jerry's insane, but they liked ign's insane, so they can still enjoy the hardest diff.

I on the other hand have yet been giving a good explenation to why this "unbalance" as you guys call it is bad.

it has been 3? years since osu! started letting people upload maps. Only till now did this bother you guys? No offense but it feels like you guys are getting bored and coming up with new rules that hardly do any difference except restrict stuff that really imo doesn't need any rules.
H1ko
MegaManEXE says....

Mystearica
of course certain BAT maps with only 2 diffs which were both I gets ranked and no one cares :)

hypocrisy anyone? yeah i don't know

but when someone with no mapping experience becomes a bat purely due to liking TEDDY BEARS it's no surprise this happens
aRiskOfRain

Mystearica wrote:

of course certain BAT maps with only 2 diffs which were both I gets ranked and no one cares :)
Shut the fuck up. That was ages ago; we have moved on. New rules are being made, old ones being bent. That would never happen nowadays. This game evolves, time for you to as well.
Lybydose

DiamondCrash wrote:

Mystearica wrote:

hypocrisy anyone? yeah i don't know

but when someone with no mapping experience becomes a bat purely due to talking diarrhea out of his mouth to another retard it's no surprise this happens
Shut the fuck up. That was ages ago; we have moved on. New rules are being made, old ones being bent. That would never happen nowadays. This game evolves, time for you to as well.
9 days = ages?
Mystearica
lol diamondcrash umad?

and what Lyby said.
Cyclone
I'm temporarily locking this thread. If anybody wishes to discuss this map in particular, please feel free to PM me. I hope for this to be resolved, and the discussion taking place here isn't helping.
peppy
Simple answer:

The unrank should not have happened for the original reason as it wasn't in the guidelines.
A new guideline is in discussion and will likely stop these cases from occurring again (they really shouldn't be ranked).
Yes, a mistake was made.

There are still errors in this map that mean it cannot be ranked yet (hidden notes, for a start).

Let's leave it at that and move on, please. @Jerrysr please contact me when you are ready to fix the issues and this thread can be unlocked.
sico91212
;)
Topic Starter
Jerrysr

Cyclone wrote:

Add default skin's spinner-bg.png or force default skin.
Added.

ztrot wrote:

But there is a hidden note in Another
Fixed.

:)
James
re-bubbled because i am james

The unrank should not have happened for the original reason as it wasn't in the guidelines.
A new guideline is in discussion and will likely stop these cases from occurring again (they really shouldn't be ranked).
Yes, a mistake was made.
p.s. ign's looks like SFG's map :)
orioncomet
;_;
James
popping the bubble for a while...

fria's diff:
00:59:264 (1,1) - is this allowable now? if it is, gimme a ranked beatmap that has the same pattern.
Andrea
That spinner should give 2000+ bonus with auto. So I think it's not rankable. :/

Take my star for now.
Topic Starter
Jerrysr

James wrote:

popping the bubble for a while...

fria's diff:
00:59:264 (1,1) - is this allowable now? if it is, gimme a ranked beatmap that has the same pattern.
Fixed. It's longer now :D
Pasonia
Seems fine to me now. There weren't THAT many problems to begin with.
James
im pointing out at the slider AFTER the spinner. 1/4 gap?

if thats allowable, ok i'll even rank this right now.

but if is not..

my suggestion:
change that spinner to a 1/2 bpm slider or something.

-o-

i already checked all other diffs, it should be fine now besides that ign's diff is too crazy for me
show more