forum

Dim the Song Select Background!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
autoteleology
Some of the song select backgrounds make reading the leaderboards or the song select very annoying, usually because they are bright white and/or high contrast. I'd like to be able to dim them globally, just like how you can with storyboards. Simple as that.
PatZar
agree with this
it's too annoying though
Dazdy_old
Oh yes please. I have dim 100% and it's a pain to see the bright backgrounds with my dark skin.
Unsafeman121
I tend to play between either 90 - 100 % dim, but personally ~ I like being able to see the backgrounds in the song selection screen..... without it my osu would almost permanently be black, which isn't really what I want :P

I would say that if this was implemented it would be better as either a tick box option or a separate slider entirely...

I do definitly understand your point with some of the leaderboards and how skins could clash, admittedly at times it has irritated me a little bit ~ but I wouldn't want to be forced to have a blackened screen at song select simply because I want to play like that ingame
deadbeat

Philosofikal wrote:

Some of the song select backgrounds make reading the leaderboards or the song select very annoying, usually because they are bright white and/or high contrast.
this issue will most likely be fixed with the new UI disign on the way, i'd hold of judgement on this until it's released. here's a heavy wip
Unsafeman121

deadbeat wrote:

here's a heavy wip
OOoohh, that's pretty cool ~ fair enough then :P ~ I hope the blue lines are left in though <3
Topic Starter
autoteleology
That actually looks really nice. I can't wait until the only thing I have to worry about skinning are the hitcircles and what not. The default UI is horrible.
FrzR
So it would be like a "Universal Background Dim" instead? I like it though.
[ -Harasho- ]
sfsadasdas (delete this)
- Marco -

Unsafeman121 wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

here's a heavy wip
OOoohh, that's pretty cool ~ fair enough then :P ~ I hope the blue lines are left in though <3
That are guidelines for desing so sorry but no blue lines :(
drum drum

41236 wrote:

agree with Unsafeman121, pls make 2 separate sliders for background dim. I need the background to recognize the map in song select.
Stop using super transparent skins
Topic Starter
autoteleology
So, it basically looks like this got implemented a couple of months ago by coincidence, so I guess this can be moved to the completed requests section? I'm only bumping to prove a point elsewhere.
AGRX

Unsafeman121 wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

here's a heavy wip
I hope they remove the blue lines because it interfere with the song select menu design. In general it should be as neutral as possible.
Karuta-_old_1

drum drum wrote:

41236 wrote:

agree with Unsafeman121, pls make 2 separate sliders for background dim. I need the background to recognize the map in song select.
Stop using super transparent skins
more like naked, good thing is no one will ever know what song you are choosing when you are streaming