forum

[duplicate] Background Video Doesn't Show

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Piine
Have been browsing and couldnt find this issue, but even so, I have updated my client to the latest cutting edge build and it seems maps with a Background Video doesn't show even when I select it via Visual Settings as well as my Option Menu.

There also another bug when you change a beatmap like add one note or anything, exit and save. The background image and video will be gone but the files are still in the beatmap folder. (from dupe p/3506620)

Samui's Report of Other Bug

Samui wrote:

I can confirm this, the background and video was removed from the .osu 's SB section. Other SB elements are not deleted during the process.

For Background image

For Background video

This issue focuses on BG image and BG video deletion on editor, while the other thread focuses on BG Video not shown during gameplay. Not sure though.

osu! version: 20141117.7cuttingedge
Samui_old_1
I can confirm this.
Sakura
Confirming this from my side as well
Edit: Also AIMod seems to think that the map has no background image when it has a video:

Despite it actually having one: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2251986
And looks awkward in edit mode:
drum drum
Marking as confirmed
Ayaya
This might be relate but if you have a beatmap and edit it like for example put down 1 note then exit and save it. The background image will be gone even if the image is still in the beatmap folder, haven't tried to see if it will do it with the video.
Topic Starter
Piine

Ayaya wrote:

This might be relate but if you have a beatmap and edit it like for example put down 1 note then exit and save it. The background image will be gone even if the image is still in the beatmap folder, haven't tried to see if it will do it with the video.
You may need to make a new report for that. That really hasn't anything to do much with the problem I have reported. Though If you do, I try to see if I can replicate it.
TheVileOne
Entering replay mode kills the background as well. Editor doesn't show background too. I tried to fix it but NativeText crashed on my fix.

Edit: Loading a new map fails to load background too.

Edit2: Looks like the break lotsa shit commit caused this. peppy didn't lie.
peppy
We need to do something about people reporting cutting edge issues. Maybe as single thread to report everything? Otherwise it's going to get out of hand with reports of things I already know are issues.
VeilStar

peppy wrote:

We need to do something about people reporting cutting edge issues. Maybe as single thread to report everything? Otherwise it's going to get out of hand with reports of things I already know are issues.
How about a sticky'd topic that lists all currently known issues, that constantly gets updated?
Kind of like a "read this before posting" thing.

Just a suggestion.
peppy
I wouldn't be fucked updating such a thing. Cutting edge isn't supposed to be like that.
drum drum

peppy wrote:

I thought of this too.
Topic Starter
Piine

peppy wrote:

I wouldn't be fucked updating such a thing. Cutting edge isn't supposed to be like that.
I probably wouldn't mind doing it.
VeilStar

Sulker wrote:

peppy wrote:

Sulker the savior. Peppy you lazy bum /flies away

No but seriously though. It's pretty much the only thing I can think of that would work fine.
Having issues in a single thread would probably end up as even more of a mess.
Anyway, up to you, obviously.
KinkiN
peppy, I think you can use the announcement about cutting-edge endless loop updates and change it into " cuttingedge issues " or something

and also a solution if there were any.

Make people reports about cutting-edge issues there.

50% ppl are just saying Thank you peppy anyway so yeah why not use that thread
Bara-

Sulker wrote:

peppy wrote:

Me neither
Just every 'new' bug should go into that thread
Name
Cuttingedge bugs
Then every link + small description
TheVileOne
Eh is there that many issues with the current system. There are triangle issues and there are things related to loading background and video. Are there any other known issues I should "know" about? I was fine grouping all the background related issues in one topic and triangles in the other because they are all caused by the same code internally.
Topic Starter
Piine

TheVileOne wrote:

Eh is there that many issues with the current system. There are triangle issues and there are things related to loading background and video. Are there any other known issues I should "know" about? I was fine grouping all the background related issues in one topic and triangles in the other because they are all caused by the same code internally.
Cutting-Edge is really a mess lol
Bara-
Idk
But can't you make a text in the techsupport new thread thing, when it's on cuttingedge, it'll display
Cuttingedge has a lot of bugs
We are aware of them
Please do not post them here
Try to switch to stable and see if that works
If that does not, then you are free to post your bug here
drum drum
Going to mark this as duplicate since this has been posted in cutting edge issues since long past