forum

From Normal to Hard~~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Onimidori
Hello i have a little problem.
I play Normal maps with HR and always have S/SS ranks (rare A) but when it comes to play Hard maps i suck. I v tried to play them in HT and it goes better than without it but it doesnt help. Can you suggest something?
Ah one more point. I play ONLY with mouse. Please dont advise me to play with keyboard. I cant play with it, i tried thousands times but i dont feel the timing. Is it possible to play Hard maps with mouse and receive high ranks? Thx!

osu 1.0.x
mouse 7/11
buny
work up star difficulty, don't trust difficulty names.

yes it is possible to get high ranks with mouse. Anybody who says otherwise probably sucks
AdamMZ
Yeah, going from normal to hard is difficult. But keep practicing.

I've seen some people play with mouse only.

(I wish I can do that though. Looks freakin cool :P)
Xayne
You are really handicapping yourself by refusing to learn to play with keyboard. It's always weird at first but you eventually get used to it and it's a million times easier than trying to force yourself to get faster with mouse only.
AdamMZ
Rokusho
As a mouse only player, I think it's harder to improve as mouse only player than as tablet player. But that doesn't mean you can't get high ranks, if you play enough you will eventually rank up higher than you could've imagined.
-JaZe-
go 6/11 and learn the keyboard. There are some mouse only players, but splitting the work between 2 hands is almost always better. And dont let yourself make any excuses for being a mouse player. I got up to 2.2k pp with the mouse. Some of the best players in the world use the mouse. It is 100% up to you and how hard you're willing to work

If you insist on going mouse only, hards are very doable, though you will probably learn how to triple click at some point. As with everything else in osu, its just a matter of practice.
GoldenWolf

Xayne wrote:

You are really handicapping yourself by refusing to learn to play with keyboard.
chainpullz

GoldenWolf wrote:

Xayne wrote:

You are really handicapping yourself by refusing to learn to play with keyboard.
Doesn't Kriers play mouse+kb now though? Not saying he wasn't amazing at mouse only.
GoldenWolf
kriers does everything you can imagine
CXu
Dino hype rawr.
B1rd

GoldenWolf wrote:

Xayne wrote:

what the hell no
That's not really a good argument when Kriers himself said that mouse only is way harder than using a keyboard.
Rewben2

GoldenWolf wrote:

what the hell no
Posting a play showing what is capable with mouse only doesn't mean it is not a handicap, pls. It just means you can get pretty good doing it.
cheezstik

Rewben2 wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

what the hell no
Posting a play showing what is capable with mouse only doesn't mean it is not a handicap, pls. It just means you can get pretty good doing it.
+1, it is a preference at the end of the day, but mouse only objectively is worse in a way. There are some mouse only players that make most of us tablet players look like shit tho.

To OP: you say HT makes you worse, it's probably an accuracy / reading problem. Just try and get used to slow songs, try playing normal without HR, and you will eventually get used to it. I can honestly say that at least up to rank 50k, there is very little aim and speed required, and it is mostly accuracy and reading, so mostly mental (assuming you play normal - hards anyway) and mouse only should easily be fine until then.
SomeLoli

Onimidori wrote:

Hello i have a little problem.
I play Normal maps with HR and always have S/SS ranks (rare A) but when it comes to play Hard maps i suck. I v tried to play them in HT and it goes better than without it but it doesnt help. Can you suggest something?
Ah one more point. I play ONLY with mouse. Please dont advise me to play with keyboard. I cant play with it, i tried thousands times but i dont feel the timing. Is it possible to play Hard maps with mouse and receive high ranks? Thx!

osu 1.0.x
mouse 7/11
Probably a normal problem. I'm trying to make the same transition from normal to hard. Just keep playing the normal maps which are in the same star rating as the easier hard maps. The hards maps are starting to become do-able to me now. I seem to have played a lot more of them normal maps then you but if it's working for me it should work for you.
E m i

Onimidori wrote:

I play ONLY with mouse.
Good luck, my friend.
winber1
next shizuru incoming
buny

winber1 wrote:

next shizuru incoming
with or without the life imprisonment?
winber1
is there something i should know about shizuru that i don't know
Insyni
You can play Hard maps with only a mouse, it might just be more difficult to learn.

Also, regarding the keyboard... it takes some time to get used to, but it is worth it in the end.
(You haven't tried it thousands and thousands of times yet, but I would suggest at least a thousand times to get a general feel)
chainpullz
Hint: Most people struggle to play hard at first. Most players end up able to play hard without doing anything special. Play more.
Saphirshroom

Onimidori wrote:

Please dont advise me to play with keyboard. I cant play with it, i tried thousands times but i dont feel the timing.1
Don't write that until you've actually tried it a thousand times.
show more