forum

[resolved] Trying to open AIMod causes osu! to crash.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Problem Details:
When trying to press ctrl+shift+a in the editor, I get the following error:
If I try to press it again, osu! crashes with the following error.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #Qg.#Pg.#tK()
at #Qg.#Pg..ctor()
at #Qg.#ok..ctor(Editor )
at osu.GameModes.Edit.Editor.#i4()
at osu.GameModes.Edit.Editor.#h4(Object , Keys , Boolean )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at #xn.#5n.#njb(Keys , Boolean )
at #xn.#5n.#ljb(Keys )
at #sn.#do.#gkb(List`1 )
at #sn.#do.#Teb()
at #Lg.#Ng.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

osu! version: stable and 20141117.1cuttingedge
KinkiN
I can't replicate this. This kind of error usually is not an universal bug. Seems something happens to your osu! , maybe something related to ai mod

what beatmaps are you trying to edit / create? Is it happening on every beatmap you want to edit / create?
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Every beatmap, but yeah, I noticed this only happens on my current comp and not on my laptop.

I just want to know what I can do to fix the issue.

Edit: Issue was resolved by reinstalling, but as for the root issue, I am still in the dark about it.
MillhioreF
You may have had an AiMod plugin installed (they stopped working a while ago).