forum

[Archived] Problem when holding down keys on my keyboard.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Athena-
Hi,

I seem to have an issue when holding down a key on my keyboard, this only cropped up recently.

Whenever I hold down my Z or X key (Binded to left and right mouse buttons respectively), or actually any key at all, instead of just holding it down, it seems to read this input as if i'm rapidly pressing the key. This has made it impossible to play osu! with my keyboard because I can't hold down on sliders and spinners. I tried uninstalling osu! and reinstalling, tried the stable and cutting edge builds, all to no avail.

Interestingly enough, just by holding my Z or X key down I can almost flawlessly complete very fast streams as if I were using the "relax" mod, evidencing the fact that its reading "holding down" as "tap VERY fast".

If it helps, my keyboard model is the CM-Storm Quickfire Rapid-i (Blue Switches), I plugged this in to my laptop, but for some reason the keys on my laptop work perfectly fine. This is only an issue in osu!, my keyboard works fine outside of it.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Cheers.

osu! version: 20141116.1cuttingedge
Topic Starter
-Athena-
I found a solution myself, turns out this particular keyboard has a built-in functions that allow one to control the rate a key fires when holding it down, tuning it down to 1 solved the problem.

Sorry for resorting to the forums so hastily. I'll just leave this here in case anyone needs it. Feel free to delete this thread if necessary.
Acer_0ne
Pawsu
Hi there, please don't bump archived threads. Instead, make a new topic for your problem.
Thank you!