forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I Give Up
Both are the same. This is because you spin using your whole arm (if you spin properly) and the weight of the pen/mouse is very minuscule compared to the weight of the arm.
Metal
Since the day I got used to my switch to tablet, I've spun faster.
FieryLight
lncognito uses mouse and I believe he's the fastest spinner in the game.
FrzR

FieryLight wrote:

nrl

KukiMonster wrote:

(if you spin properly)
Arm spinning is not proper.
cheezstik

FieryLight wrote:

^Also, the number 1 scores on Airman and Freedom Dive (excluding Obama) are mouse players. Basically, mouse = tablet, and just like single tapping vs alternating, it's mostly a preference, although they do have their advantages and disadvantages (absolute positioning is a pretty massive advantage imo).

My spinning slowed down massively when I switched to tablet, and for some reason I couldn't spin clockwise anymore, and had to spin counter-clockwise, even though it was the other way round back on mouse. Over the period of a couple months, it slowly caught back up, and now, after around 8 months, I spin much faster and more consistently without getting tired on tablet. When I occasionally switch back to mouse cos I feel like it, I also spin counter-clockwise now, since I'm used to it.
xasuma
I've seen some crazy mouse spinning skills.
Angel-Nyan
Depends on the player. Tablets (In my opinion) have a bit more of a advantage because of the stability. But a mouse player can achieve that same stability so yeah....
B1rd
I think mouse is better, since arm spinning is probably faster than finger spinning.
NixXSkate
Mouse is generally better for speed and acceleration, and tablet is generally better for consistency and recovery.
Shrik
All in preference.
For me, any way I hold the mouse, it would spin pretty fast. But when I try to spin my fastest in tab I generally go much faster.
Karuta-_old_1
The fastest spin with the largest circle I've ever made is on mouse (reckless ones)

with tablet I would make smaller circles with are slower
Gumpy
If I tried to spin fast with mouse I can't hit anything afterwards.
Vuelo Eluko
i maintain 300-350 and i can hold 380-400 for a short period if its a high drain scenario
no idea why you'd ever need more than this unless you forgot to delete happy30's shitmaps or you're trying to get on 4mod scoreboards, both of these things are mistakes.

This is an irrelevant skill, and it's for irrelevant players
silmarilen
PlasticSmoothie can keep up 470+ with tablet

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2042882

that's 473 according to the beatmap descritpion
-JaZe-
I feel like I'm capable of spinning faster with tablet, but I often don't because I'd rather preserve my stamina for actually clicking circles. I can go around 400 vs 350 with mouse, but it's just so exhausting
Shrik

Riince wrote:

except incognito and ash.
NixXSkate

Riince wrote:

You obviously don't get many top 50 SS scores. Spinning is an important skill to have in the bag, especially now that everyone doesn't practice it anymore. Unless your accuracy isn't good, then it doesn't matter really.

There's some great tablet spinners, but as far as raw speed, the fastest mouse spinners are usually faster. Of course, this is with their high sensitivity, and without high sensitivity, I'm sure tablet and mouse spinners would be around the same.
Zare
Drill

pierce the heavens
I Give Up

Narrill wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

(if you spin properly)
Arm spinning is not proper.
?
nrl
Hybrid motions.
show more