[Taiko] Wii Tatacon to USB Converter

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
montymintypie

FruitySoleil wrote:

mon is awfully quiet

Have replied to your mail - still here, still selling, still shipping!
Animaitor
Hey montymintypie! Are you still selling the USB adapters? I wrote you a few weeks ago to sales@mon.im and got no resply. I would like to purchase 2 of your awesome adapters if possible...
raiyoku
Hi,
I wanted to buy a Tatacon to USB converter but Paypal told me you don't have any left. So I wanted to ask if you had any left somewhere or if you would produce more of them sometimes.
Animaitor
Nice, it looks like I'm not alone. Hopefully montymintypie comes back the the forum.
ScorpionGaming
Yo, it may be a stupid question, but can the Drum be directly connected to the adapter, or do I need a Wiimote too?
Topic Starter
montymintypie
Directly connected, no wiimote required.

I'm going to produce more in the coming months, if you still want one after such a long delay...
ScorpionGaming
Hmm gonna buy this when it comes back to stock.

Also, Will I be able to somehow bind the keys with the TaTaConfig extension to get it to work on a PS4?
Topic Starter
montymintypie
I think you might need an adapter to convert keyboard -> PS4. PS4 needs a specific controller layout if I recall correctly, that I don't supply.
ScorpionGaming
Ok, got it. Thanks for the extremely fast replies!

EDIT : Hey sorry for asking so much, but can You map the TaTaConfig settings to mouse keys? If Yes i would not need a Keyboard to PS4 adapter.
Topic Starter
montymintypie
It's keyboard keys, but you can map them yourself.
ScorpionGaming

montymintypie wrote:

It's keyboard keys, but you can map them yourself.
That means that I can't map mouse buttons here?
Topic Starter
montymintypie
No, not mouse buttons.
ScorpionGaming

montymintypie wrote:

No, not mouse buttons.
Welp rip

Still a great product tho
Animaitor
Holly crap! He's alive!!! (^_^)y I'm still interested. What should I do to order 2 adapters?
Topic Starter
montymintypie
Simply wait - I have a new design I need to verify and Switch support I need to code for (the main blocker). I promised this over a year ago but I just haven't been able to dedicate the time after work to make it happen :|
Animaitor
Great! What's the reason behind the design revision if you don't mind asking? I'm just interested on the Wii (Wii-U) adapters as those tatacon are the ones I own. Please update us once you get more in stock.
Topic Starter
montymintypie
The connectors are difficult to get a hold of and fairly expensive, so I'm redesigning with PCB based connectors and a second connector since I have room.
Korrui
Ooo I’m still alive btw lol. I’m excited to see the revision! Might buy it just to test it out after it’s done haha
Animaitor
Wow, it's been a whole year since the last message. Hope eveyone is well and healthy.

montymintypie, how is the new PCB revision going? I can see your shop still let me buy your adapters. Do you have any in stock?
Korrui

Animaitor wrote:

Wow, it's been a whole year since the last message. Hope eveyone is well and healthy.

montymintypie, how is the new PCB revision going? I can see your shop still let me buy your adapters. Do you have any in stock?
Last I checked with him he's really behind and works been taking up a lot of his time. He's still getting him out but the orders have gotten to a point where he needs more people to get them out but doesn't have the funds. This was about a 2 months ago though so I could DM him if he doesn't see this first.