forum

AR10

posted
Total Posts
show more
lilelf29

cheezstik wrote:

lilelf29 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's actually mathematically impossible to be top 10 in pp without playing AR10 and above...
There are enough no-mod songs at AR9 or lower, or DT + AR8 (AR9.6) that will let you become top 10 in pp. It will be harder, but definitely not impossible.
So there's actually enough AR9.67 maps that have been fc'd already to reach over 8k pp? Holy...
chainpullz
If you are going to claim something is mathematically impossible you sure as fuck better have a mathematical proof to back up your claim. I can find enough ar8 maps that are over 7 stars with DTHD that would give way more than enough pp with 100% fc's to pass up SnowWhite easily. Math has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not people have or can fc these songs with high enough accuracy and the right mods.
nrl
If you tie the ability to FC a map to current pp there may well be a point at which there are no FC-able ar9.6 maps that can be used for advancement.
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

If you tie the ability to FC a map to current pp there may well be a point at which there are no FC-able ar9.6 maps that can be used for advancement.
This is trivially true even now. There are only a finite number of ar9.6 maps even forgetting the idea of whether or not they are fc-able. The point is you can't prove using mathematics whether something is fc-able or not.
lilelf29

chainpullz wrote:

Narrill wrote:

This is trivially true even now. There are only a finite number of ar9.6 maps even forgetting the idea of whether or not they are fc-able. The point is you can't prove using mathematics whether something is fc-able or not.
Yeah I worded what I initially said really badly; I'm on about mathematically possible to >8k pp only using <ar10 with things that have already been done.
Whats the point of talking about ridiculous TAG4 maps and such as it's not relevant to someone already reaching top 10 without playing anything above ar10 compared to those songs which haven't been done already.
chainpullz
That's kind of a pointless statement. AR9.6 is not in the current meta so of course there is going to be a shitty sampleset for stuff that's already been passed. Most of the maps that are difficult enough to match the pp of top DT plays are so overmapped that they'd never make it to being approved. With that said, you could probably still find enough 6*+ nomod maps that people are capable of getting 100%'s on with enough effort. Cookiezi nearly fc'd rainbow dash, nearly 100% freedom dive for instance. The freedom dive 1 100 freedom dive would have been 550pp easy, and the rainbow dash fc would have been around 500pp as well. There are plenty of nomod maps that give 300-400pp for high accuracy fc's. Though I would be surprised if you couldn't find enough pp from nomod/HD plays, the reason would only be because of ranking criteria for maps. There are a plethora of good overmapped nomod maps in the graveyard that people are able to fc if nothing else.
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

The point is you can't prove using mathematics whether something is fc-able or not.
We could test it empirically and insert the findings back into the model as a probabilistic element.
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

The point is you can't prove using mathematics whether something is fc-able or not.
We could test it empirically and insert the findings back into the model as a probabilistic element.
This would be proving it scientifically.
nrl
SCIENCE
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

SCIENCE
Rules?
buny
BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY
lilelf29

chainpullz wrote:

That's kind of a pointless statement. AR9.6 is not in the current meta so of course there is going to be a shitty sampleset for stuff that's already been passed. Most of the maps that are difficult enough to match the pp of top DT plays are so overmapped that they'd never make it to being approved. With that said, you could probably still find enough 6*+ nomod maps that people are capable of getting 100%'s on with enough effort. Cookiezi nearly fc'd rainbow dash, nearly 100% freedom dive for instance. The freedom dive 1 100 freedom dive would have been 550pp easy, and the rainbow dash fc would have been around 500pp as well. There are plenty of nomod maps that give 300-400pp for high accuracy fc's. Though I would be surprised if you couldn't find enough pp from nomod/HD plays, the reason would only be because of ranking criteria for maps. There are a plethora of good overmapped nomod maps in the graveyard that people are able to fc if nothing else.
Rainbow Dash SS is only 412pp though and Cookie had like 99.3%~ acc which is 397pp.
chainpullz
If you are going based off tillerino calculations for rainbow dash they are very likely to be extremely inaccurate given such a shitty sample set to work with. This is for the exact same reason that it won't tell you HR/DT pp for a while after a map first gets ranked. It's not actually calculating it straight from Tom's algorithm. Rainbow dash is only .07 star difficulty away from freedom dive which gives somewhere (speculation) around 550pp for an SS. Thus without confirmation from Tom, you would have a hard time convincing me that an SS on rainbow dash is less than 500pp.
ZenithPhantasm
I thought AR doesn't affect star difficulty?
cheezstik

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

It doesn't, but generally higher AR is common for faster songs, and faster = more PP. You can see this in the fact that you won't find many AR6-7 songs in the 200PP + range, at least commonly anyway.
lilelf29

chainpullz wrote:

If you are going based off tillerino calculations for rainbow dash they are very likely to be extremely inaccurate given such a shitty sample set to work with. This is for the exact same reason that it won't tell you HR/DT pp for a while after a map first gets ranked. It's not actually calculating it straight from Tom's algorithm. Rainbow dash is only .07 star difficulty away from freedom dive which gives somewhere (speculation) around 550pp for an SS. Thus without confirmation from Tom, you would have a hard time convincing me that an SS on rainbow dash is less than 500pp.
Well the AR10 airman is over 7 stars but only gives ~ 400pp for an SS, so I don't really think you can decide like that.
Vuelo Eluko
rainbow dash has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less circles than freedom dive.
so its worth nowhere near as much
esneT
Practicing AR10 maps/maps on HR exclusively will not only frustrate you and barely help you read AR 10 better but you'll lose the ability to read lower ARs due to a gained tendency to play reactively.

Your rank is not high enough to "start and practice AR10"; I'm sorry but it's true; even I'm terrible at AR10. The best way to get better is to just have fun with the game. Seriously. If you really wanted to get better, I would try and get to 15k total plays (you're not even 1/3 the way there yet) before playing HR. For now, try playing AR 7/8 maps on double time.

Also, I highly doubt your edit to be true, but even if it were, that's not a reason why you should go out of your way to play differently. Even I've seen rank 10k-7k can't play with AR10 for the life of them lol.
Oni_old_1
:?
nrl

cheezstik wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

It doesn't
Yes it does, Tom talked about it on his Ask and AR is listed as a component right on the pp wiki page. ARs over 10 or under 8 give a bonus.
Never mind, thought you were talking about pp. I don't think the bonus is reflected in the star difficulty, so you're correct.
f i z i k

esneT wrote:

Practicing AR10 maps/maps on HR exclusively will not only frustrate you and barely help you read AR 10 better but you'll lose the ability to read lower ARs due to a gained tendency to play reactively.

Your rank is not high enough to "start and practice AR10"; I'm sorry but it's true; even I'm terrible at AR10. The best way to get better is to just have fun with the game. Seriously. If you really wanted to get better, I would try and get to 15k total plays (you're not even 1/3 the way there yet) before playing HR. For now, try playing AR 7/8 maps on double time.
I think it's terrible to tell someone to not play X because of "playcount" or "rank". I played a lot of AR10 even when I had 3-5k plays and it didn't change anything for me, because I still played other stuff. As long as you don't overdo it you can learn AR10 without losing reading, even though people believe that is not the case lol. It also helped a lot with developing good aim for me, so I think it's great to throw it in here and there. As long as you always try to not mash and play maps properly, it's the best way to improve, as long as it's not way too hard (for example <65% maps are probably too hard but anything above 70/75 is reasonable)
B1rd

Narrill wrote:

Yes it does, Tom talked about it on his Ask and AR is listed as a component right on the pp wiki page. ARs over 10 or under 8 give a bonus.
link?
silmarilen
why dont you look it up yourself if you want proof? it's right there on tom's askfm
B1rd
because I don't want to scroll through millions of pages.
E m i

B1rd wrote:

because I don't want to scroll through millions of pages.
just a few
three to be exact
here you go
gh0st-
Ar10 isn't the hard part (for me)about HR... OD OP

I actually prefer Ar10 for fast songs
Topic Starter
Miuyarai
/thread.
drum drum
....don't need to necropost