aight lata
E m i
I think OP already reached a conclusion and we can abandon this thread :D
dung eater
good luck
Topic Starter
Miuyarai

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Maybe he wants to HR hards or easy insanes in the near future. Or simply...

Nanodermic wrote:

I just want to have access to play maps I would like to play and learn to play them
While I know what people mean when they try to deter someone from playing AR10, it just sounds like ,,I am better than you and am not able to read ar10, therefore you should not be able to either". And when someone who asks an AR10 related question is called shit a certain amount of times, it also often leads to misunderstandings and is not the definition of constructive criticism.
I think we can get along in AR10 threads. Also, have fun with osu!, OP. :)

Thanks so much! Finally, someone who actually understands. :)

jaaakb wrote:

good luck
Thanks. ;)

Other notes:

1) Also, why is the community in the in-game chat so nice, and like 2/3 of the forums are complete assholes? Some people here just refuse to understand what someone is trying to say, and very few actually do. Thanks for those who do, and for those that don't and refuse to, don't worry, your opinion has been completely ignored.

2)

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

I can play AR9 perfectly, even anywhere from AR9 to AR9.5
oh please... come back after you get at least 99% accuracy
This is a good sign of someone not reading what I post.
If you'd read this:

Nanodermic wrote:

I don't care about accuracy
Then you wouldn't have posted.

3)

[ Momiji ] wrote:

I think OP already reached a conclusion and we can abandon this thread :D
This person has some sense. Please, I asked for the thread to be locked a while ago and I got shit thrown at me for it. I've had just about enough with some people's completely biased opinions, and I'm done for now. If I want to ask about it, I'm going to the in-game chat to do it. No more posting on the subject, please.
buny

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

I can play AR9 perfectly, even anywhere from AR9 to AR9.5
oh please... come back after you get at least 99% accuracy
no clue what ar has to do with accuracy
silmarilen
in general the better you are at reading a map the higher acc you get.
low acc can mean you dont have the ability to read the map.

since quite often reading issues are because of ar, there is a relation.
nrl

Nanodermic wrote:

why is the community in the in-game chat so nice, and like 2/3 of the forums are complete assholes? Some people here just refuse to understand what someone is trying to say, and very few actually do. Thanks for those who do, and for those that don't and refuse to, don't worry, your opinion has been completely ignored.
The fact of the matter is that ar10 is totally unnecessary until you're ready to start HR, and the difference between a quality nomod FC and a quality HR FC is massive. If you attempt to learn ar10 before you're ready to play the maps that make use of it you will almost certainly either fail miserably or fuck up your reading in a major way. The people telling you to wait are giving you the best advice there is.
chainpullz
If you learn ar10 the proper way it won't kill your reading. The issue is that most people resort to reaction when playing ar10 instead of conventional reading. I've been playing HR almost exclusively the past couple of months and I'm still not consistent or comfortable enough with it to actually FC anything substantial yet (maybe in like another 1-2k HR plays I'll be there). I occasionally go back and play ar9 every once in a while and get scores like this:

SPOILER
Note that the offsets are centered at roughly -2ms. You can attribute this to me playing mostly ar10 but 2ms hardly makes a difference on OD7.

These aren't fc's and when I go back and play ar9 it's normally just for fun (usually too exhausted to focus on ar10 so I play like 160-180bpm nomod instead). Many people would say rank 12k is way too early to learn AR10/HR but I'm only doing it because I find playing HR to be more enjoyable and it rewards me with low accuracy whenever I'm playing bad which encourages me to focus more on the music (imo the key to reading) as opposed to just playing whack-a-mole memorizing approach rates.

While I haven't killed my ability to read I still recommend against practicing ar10. I won't give you a rank you should/shouldn't be at before you start playing ar10. Reading is more or less independent of approach rate insofar as it is mostly just focusing really hard on the music and actual approach rings shouldn't make a difference. If you get really good at reading ar8-9.3 (or w/e extras are using these days) then ar10 will follow naturally. Thus my suggestion is that you put off ar10 until later. You won't need it until you can play cs5.2/OD10 anyways.
xasuma
I took a 2 month break from the game and I could suddenly read AR 10. I'm not sure what that means..
B1rd

xasuma wrote:

I took a 2 month break from the game and I could suddenly read AR 10. I'm not sure what that means..
well when you stop playing, your brain is still modifying its connections from when you've practiced, so when you come back you get the full effect of all the practice you've done rather than there being a gradual increase. Kriers said something like this.
I think playing a lot of AR9.66 for a long time will help develop decent AR10 reading skills.

chainpullz wrote:

Reading is more or less independent of approach rate insofar as it is mostly just focusing really hard on the music and actual approach rings shouldn't make a difference.
actually I think reading is more dependent on approach rate than you might think.
nrl
Reading ability exists independent of approach rate, but approach rate determines how well that ability can be applied.
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

Reading ability exists independent of approach rate, but approach rate determines how well that ability can be applied.
Basically this. You need to be better at reading to play AR10 but if you can truly read AR10 then you can read things like AR9 and AR8 even better. Substituting reaction for reading is completely dependent on AR thus why many people who adopt reaction over reading for higher AR will often suffer when switching AR.
buny

silmarilen wrote:

the only ways to get higher AR is to use dt or hr though, which both decrease the window to get 300s

i don't think it's right for somebody to set an accuracy threshold to base people on whether or not they can read that ar since there are so many factors that determine the accuracy you could get

chainpullz wrote:

Narrill wrote:

Basically this. You need to be better at reading to play AR10 but if you can truly read AR10 then you can read things like AR9 and AR8 even better. Substituting reaction for reading is completely dependent on AR thus why many people who adopt reaction over reading for higher AR will often suffer when switching AR.
if you keep reacting, it will eventually turn into reading

simply reacting to the notes is signs of you showing the capability of reading, and all you need is experience to properly "read" it. Now, reacting to notes AND missing consecutively is a different story.
chainpullz

buny wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

the only ways to get higher AR is to use dt or hr though, which both decrease the window to get 300s

i don't think it's right for somebody to set an accuracy threshold to base people on whether or not they can read that ar since there are so many factors that determine the accuracy you could get

if you keep reacting, it will eventually turn into reading

simply reacting to the notes is signs of you showing the capability of reading, and all you need is experience to properly "read" it. Now, reacting to notes AND missing consecutively is a different story.
I'm pretty sure OD scales linearly with the bpm increase so if it was OD7 before adding DT, its the 1.50x speed equivalent of OD7. Thus, while there is a decrease in hit window, it's effectively the same as nomod, just faster. Low acc due to mistimed notes is typically either from bad readiing, or because you simply don't have the physical speed to keep up (streams). Low acc due to misses is typically either bad aim, or again, a physical speed issue. It's hard to be definitive when it comes to accuracy, but with a little bit of information it is discernible what the cause of bad accuracy is.

If you are reacting to approach circles you aren't reading. It shows you have the aptitude to play that AR and that's about it. You can learn how to read over time after learning to react but at that point you are pretty much relearning how to read and unlearning a bad habit.
B1rd
I'm think the DT OD value gives as much PP as the same value would in no-mod.
buny

chainpullz wrote:

I'm pretty sure OD scales linearly with the bpm increase so if it was OD7 before adding DT, its the 1.50x speed equivalent of OD7.
yes and that decreases the window to get a 300

unless you're talking about a second that is 1.5x faster than a normal second then yes, it is still the same as OD7
chainpullz

buny wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

I'm pretty sure OD scales linearly with the bpm increase so if it was OD7 before adding DT, its the 1.50x speed equivalent of OD7.
yes and that decreases the window to get a 300

unless you're talking about a second that is 1.5x faster than a normal second then yes, it is still the same as OD7
Simply put, the relative distance/overlaps between hit windows does not change. If you were mashing the map nomod, you can mash it 1.5x faster and have the same acc. If you take the same map and slap HR on it you no longer have the same distances and overlaps.
buny
how about this:

if i set an ar soooooooooooooooo low, set od1 and x99999999999999999999 that speed to get AR9, would you think you'd be able to get a 300?

relative time windows mean nothing. What matters is the time window in real time
chainpullz
Considering the map would end in the blink of an eye it would be physically impossible to hit more than the first note. I do agree hitting that first note would be quite the feat but I think we have bigger problems here.
UnknownPlayer
OK I 've found s1 (OP) who has the same thoughts just like me months ago ( when my rank is around 20k~). And I tell you some of my exps abt practicing AR10 at low ranks.
1. When I try to practicing AR10, my eyes got hurt badly because I tried to focus on fast circle, I even couldnt do 3 AR10-songs consecutively.
2. I end up spamming everything and my accuracy got fucked up, just look at my acc, you can see it
3. If you want to play HR later on, I suggest you build up your acc 1st because OD10 is not fun to play if you have low accu.
4. You said you dont care about accu, it's fine but you will regret when your rank goes 4 digits, you will end up finishing your songs with 90- 93% when others get 97-99%
5. I cant play AR8 or below now.

Sorry for my bad english :)
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

If you were mashing the map nomod, you can mash it 1.5x faster and have the same acc.
Only if you decrease your unstable rate by the same proportion. The hit windows are getting smaller.
Vuelo Eluko
roll with it, i couldnt read AR10 for the longest time, and i gave up. eventually i stumbled upon an ar10 map for the first time in awhile while randoming and thought it was ar9.5 because i could read it, and then saw it was ar10 and was surprised, now i can read ar10
based god lil b
skip ar10 entirely, it's too overrated. just nofail spam ar9 dt and you'll be the best in no time
buny

Riince wrote:

roll with it, i couldnt read AR10 for the longest time, and i gave up. eventually i stumbled upon an ar10 map for the first time in awhile while randoming and thought it was ar9.5 because i could read it, and then saw it was ar10 and was surprised, now i can read ar10
i still can't read ar10 :((((((((
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Actuary wrote:

skip ar10 entirely, it's too overrated. just nofail spam ar9 dt and you'll be the best in no time
Most sensible post I've seen on these forums since I joined.
otoed1
The people in these forums are not being"assholes". They're are telling you that trying to learn AR 10 is a bad idea unless you can already FC most insanes at AR 9 8 and 7. Honestly, you are the one being stubborn and not seeing that they are making a valid point to protect you from developing a weakness where you become unable to read lower ARs. I am currently only capable of reading between AR 8.2 to 9.2 because I have around 2k play count with AR that is not AR 9. If you skip to AR 10 without being able to very easily play any map of lower AR you will hurt yourself. Regardless, its your decision, so make it if you must just don't go around calling people on the forums assholes with no real reason.
buny
i wish people could comprehend that if you want to get better at something, then practice doing that something

it may be understandable if you were to ask about jumps, streams etc. But ar is one dimensional, it doesn't come in other shapes and sizes. You literally play ar10 to get better at ar10. There is no secret technique other than common sense
Woobowiz
There's literally no point to learning AR 10 unless you want to become either a HR player or a top 1000 player.

For as long as I've been playing, I still can't read AR 10 for shit. Don't get me wrong I can FC a bunch of maps with HR, but since I can't read it properly yet, I won't be able to get that delicious 99+% accuracy HR FC and get oodles of PP from 4.9-5 star maps.

What I'm trying to say with that little rant is that no matter what you claim about learning to "read" AR 10, hell even AR 9 or 9.6, you're reading abilities are far from perfect (unless you're like thelewa or Azer).

In fact, I can't believe you're saying that you feel like it's "holding back" just because people are suggesting you to not bother with AR 10. "Learning" AR 10 will get you nowhere if you don't polish up on those basics beforehand, and there's ALWAYS room for polishing.

It will also feel a bit demoralizing, because AR 10 doesn't reward you until way later when you can 99+% acc with OD 10, and considering the majority of players around your rank still stick with OD 6-7 (maybe 8), you'll get absolutely NOTHING from learning AR 10 right now.
buny

Woobowiz wrote:

There's literally no point to learning AR 10 unless you want to become either a HR player or a top 1000 player.

For as long as I've been playing, I still can't read AR 10 for shit. Don't get me wrong I can FC a bunch of maps with HR, but since I can't read it properly yet, I won't be able to get that delicious 99+% accuracy HR FC and get oodles of PP from 4.9-5 star maps.

What I'm trying to say with that little rant is that no matter what you claim about learning to "read" AR 10, hell even AR 9 or 9.6, you're reading abilities are far from perfect (unless you're like thelewa or Azer).

In fact, I can't believe you're saying that you feel like it's "holding back" just because people are suggesting you to not bother with AR 10. "Learning" AR 10 will get you nowhere if you don't polish up on those basics beforehand, and there's ALWAYS room for polishing.

It will also feel a bit demoralizing, because AR 10 doesn't reward you until way later when you can 99+% acc with OD 10, and considering the majority of players around your rank still stick with OD 6-7 (maybe 8), you'll get absolutely NOTHING from learning AR 10 right now.
but you can pass airman which is apparently the boundary of who can and cant read ar10
E m i

buny wrote:

but you can pass airman which is apparently the boundary of who can and cant read ar10
what if someone wouldn't pass it with ar9 either?
DahplA
I wouldn't bother with AR10 for the long run. I'd only put HR on hards for fun and aim practice. Maps rarely use AR10 anyways.
If I were you, I'd rather improve accuracy and just playing insanes to get better.
cheezstik

[ Momiji ] wrote:

buny wrote:

Safe to say he wasn't serious :P
buny

[ Momiji ] wrote:

buny wrote:

move on to the next ar
Woobowiz

buny wrote:

move on to the next ar
10.3 is still too fast >.<
inb4 "But you cleared Wahrheit DT, which is also a boundary, blah blah"
buny
wahrheit dt is actually hard

gj if you passed it (without mashing)
nrl

buny wrote:

o.o
chainpullz
I mean if you turn airman to at least HP9 then passing might be noteworthy.
Gumpy

chainpullz wrote:

I mean if you turn airman to at least HP9 then passing might be noteworthy.
True since HP3 let's you miss a lot before failing.
E m i

cheezstik wrote:

Safe to say he wasn't serious :P
i know, i shouldn't assume nobody would point that out :o
show more