show more
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
plz enjoy game
Topic Starter
daikichi

thedamntrain wrote:

plz enjoy game
i got that reference ^^.

Keep in mind that 'good' doesn't mean the absolute best. You can't just say that only the athletes who play in the NBA are good at basketball, there are people under the NBA who play very well.
buny
not being bad
so like rank 1
xGx

Woobowiz

cooksgochu wrote:

Keep in mind that 'good' doesn't mean the absolute best. You can't just say that only the athletes who play in the NBA are good at basketball, there are people under the NBA who play very well.
Dat username doe.....
Clappy
Of course good is subjective, lets give it a definition. Good can mean various things but lets break it down.

I read that top ~100k of players are the ones that are actually active.

Sum of 1 to N = n(n+1)/2

Sum of 1 to 100000 = 100000(100000+1)/2 = 5000050000

Mean of 1 to N = (1+N)/2 Where N > 1

Mean of 1 to 100000 = 100001/2 = 50000.5

STD of 1 to N = sqrt( (1/N) * Sigma(((1 to N) - Mean)^2) = (too much work going to approximate)

As you add 1 to a sum the standard deviation appears to go up by roughly .3

The STD from 1 to 30 is 8.803 so it is a little less than .3 (lets do .28)

STD of 8.803 and assuming the curve of ranks is normal (it isn't, its not even quantitative)

So extrapolate this trend 8.803 + (.28 * 99970) = ~28k ( o boy is this going to be funny)

So to be in the top 84% of players you have to be rank (Mean - 1 STD) which is = 22,000 or 22k

(Holy shit statistics actually gave us a close answer from by bullshit.)

To be in the top 5% you have to be in the -6k rank which means rrtyui, WWW, Sayonara, and Lewa, yes I said it, lewa are absolute shit.

When players such as WWW and Lewa calls themselves shit it means they have simply done the math and know no matter how hard they try, no matter how they beg the osu gods, -6k rank is not in their league. It is in the 4th dimension. Math does not lie in this case it did

Cookiezi, our lord, is the only one that comes close.

/Thread
nrl
MATH
Saphirshroom

Clappy wrote:

STD of 8.803 and assuming the curve of ranks is normal (it isn't, its not even quantitative)
Welp, too bad, your calculations don't mean anything. To be in the top 5% of 100k people you have to - waitforit - be 5k or less.
Which is what you know but still.
Vuelo Eluko

Narrill wrote:

MATH
silmarilen

Clappy wrote:

source?
winber1
no citation invalid argument

people on the internet are potatoes for all we know without proper citation
silmarilen
exactly
chainpullz
Oh wow, a bunch of hand waving and a few numbers. Let's call it math...
SomeLoli

silmarilen wrote:

Clappy wrote:

source?
I'm active. 143k.

Theory smashed!
Treekii
Anyone under 5k is good
Topic Starter
daikichi

chainpullz wrote:

Oh wow, a bunch of hand waving and a few numbers. Let's call it math...
ur very scary every time i see u :(
ZenithPhantasm
If your rank is above mine then you're probably good. Tbh Idk why Im even rank 15k. My aim, speed, and accuracy all suck for my rank.

Edit: Fixed my grammar.
Lyric
http://puu.sh/cWHxB/da4ae73f36.jpg

I think 3000 is the worst. :C
ZenithPhantasm

scooderic wrote:

http://puu.sh/cWHxB/da4ae73f36.jpg

I think 3000 is the worst. :C
O.o Whats the graph of?

Its hard to make any sense of it if you don't label it :C
nrl
Looks like rank on the y-axis and pp on the x-axis, but it's hilariously inaccurate.
altbleak
Prepare your a******s because I'm going to necropost -- and hard -- sadly just and only for a single personal opinion (dare to send a private message...)

I'd say if you have the capability of getting into top 10 in a map above 4.5 stars or top 50 in a map above 5.5 stars I'd say you could call yourself pretty good (slight underexaggeration but... at least in my opinion). More accurate statement would be if you manage to do something majority can't -- at least not in an easy manner

Considering there is the "dare to restart" mechanic that prevents pp to some extend and a bunch of other minor flaws in the calculating system I wouldn't trust comparing others based on pp (just think about comparing the top 10; pretty much the only difference between the pp from each of them is luck that they get while playing the map). Everyone makes these humane mistakes while they try a map that challenges them - from slight miscalculations into just lack/flaw in concentration. So don't think of pp as something that defines your skill; If you can do something that most others can't in osu! you should be on a good foundation thus could call yourself "good" (pretty dubious statement; I think that's the case though)

You are the master of your own position in ranks... (statement that probably limits my improving rate but makes it so that I won't slam my keyboard into the wall when there is a map I can't pass :lol: )
TheOtakuGamer17
Weellll Im joining this thread because I want to know how and what makes a good player.
As a player who's been active in the past month (because I just started last month) with 27 hours of play.
I would say that a player is "good" If they could get atleast an A or SS on 4.5*-6* maps.
D_Loomz

TheOtakuGamer17 wrote:

Weellll Im joining this thread because I want to know how and what makes a good player.
As a player who's been active in the past month (because I just started last month) with 27 hours of play.
I would say that a player is "good" If they could get atleast an A or SS on 4.5*-6* maps.
A good player knows his/her limits, knows what he/she should play, have a solid self-confidence but with no overarrogance in it, a player who claims he's good you know he's a bad player, a good player sets his expectations high and thats why when you ask him he will say he's not good enough and that's why he will try to be even better, and a good player works hard. Not a rank will make a good player in these important things. But fc-ing 4,5-5.5* is definitely just average, people even with 6000pp need to learn a lot too so it's really relative. And that'S why rank and map-wise is just stupid to ask these kind of questions.
Hikaru_Osu

Karuta- wrote:

when your rank is lower than your pp
but what if I don't have a pp-
YuwaHimeko

Hikaru_Osu wrote:

but what if I don't have a pp-
don't worry it should be fine if you don't have them :D
you should be more worry about your necropost in 3years old post~~
MyAimShryneXD

daikichi wrote:

a while back when i was grinding to 2000 pp, I remember someone saying that 2000pp wasn't hard to achieve and it was 'casual' ( i myself thought that 2000pp would be quite a feat). that made me question what isn't 'casual' and what is considered good.

what rank/pp do you think is considered 'good',̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶u̶a̶l̶?

i'd say 3000pp :o
even tho this was 6 years ago i have 3.1k pp with a 250 pp choke and a 210 pp play.

i'm 136k btw
HaonJ

MyAimShryneXD wrote:

daikichi wrote:

a while back when i was grinding to 2000 pp, I remember someone saying that 2000pp wasn't hard to achieve and it was 'casual' ( i myself thought that 2000pp would be quite a feat). that made me question what isn't 'casual' and what is considered good.

what rank/pp do you think is considered 'good',̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶u̶a̶l̶?

i'd say 3000pp :o
even tho this was 6 years ago i have 3.1k pp with a 250 pp choke and a 210 pp play.

i'm 136k btw
Cool but try not to necro :D also there weren’t many hyper farm pp maps back then
LiterallyEpic
i dont kno
ruzzyy
In my opinion, it depends on your skill. There isn't exactly a "good rank" as it all comes down to perspective. For example, getting to 6 digit from 7 digit in just half a month is good to me, as it just means you're improving a lot (or just farming, but farming still takes skill).
rivk
Reviving old threads I see