forum

Where to find "real" default skin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Scarlet Evans
Greetings,

I was wondering how to change cursor (ONLY cursor), but couldn't find a way to do this, and when to ask someone I find out that I need to run default skin.
So, I downloaded default Osu! skin from here: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/129191&start=0 (tried skins from both 1-st and 8-th page), changed cursor to smaller red dot I wanted and... it is not default skin :(
I mean, before that I never played Osu! on custom skins, only "Default" I had when installing the game, and this "Default" looks very different from what I downloaded from link above.

Firstly, default "rolling balls" are, for example: half-white and half-black, while the ball in downloaded skin looks only like white contour and is harder to see. But this is not really a matter I am writing this post.
The worst is that arrows on light-grey sliders are practically or fully invisible, because they are while, while on "real default" skin they are black.

Where I can find the real default skin, so I can play with my own cursor? The original one is too big for me and hardly visible on many bright and flashy maps, which makes me often to miss some nodes :(

Edit ://

When I try to export the default skin, so I could just change cursor later, it says that Default Skin cannot be exported. How can I then find the default skin?
Full Tablet
Make a folder in the Skins folder and put the cursor image files in there (selecting that skin in-game will make it use the default skin with the custom cursor).
Mathsma
To clarify, all you need to do is create an empty folder with your desired skin name and place your desired cursor in there. osu! uses default elements for the skin unless your skin has a replaced element, in your case it will be just the cursor.

Also, ask here next time -> t/51694
Topic Starter
Scarlet Evans
Ingenious! It only uses files I putted there and takes the rest from default? Never thought about it :)
Thank You very much for help! :lol: Looks like I was mislead on chat and didn't know solution is so simple.