forum

Poll 23: Price of supporter

posted
Total Posts

Are you okay with a slight supporter price increase?

I am fine with the new pricing.
77.21%
No. I will stop supporting osu!.
14.44%
I'm okay with an increase, but this is too much.
8.35%
Total votes: 1413
Polling ended
Topic Starter
peppy
Supporter tags current go for $4 a month if paying monthly, or as low as $2.17 a month for a year. I haven't changed the prices for many years, but due to inflation this actually means that the revenue I am making is decreasing (ie. supporter is getting cheaper but my costs are increasing). To put this in numbers, based on inflation since 2007, the current price of supporter should actually be $4.81/month in 2014.

I'm considering making the first change to supporter pricing, and was wondering what people think about it.

My proposal is

1 month $4 -> $5 ($5/month)
4 months $12 -> $15 ($3.75/month)
6 months $16 -> 18 ($3/month)
8 months $20 -> $22 ($2.75/month)
10 months $24 -> $26 ($2.6/month)
12 months $26 -> $28 ($2.33/month)

Keep in mind that I always use available profit to expand the team and throw as much money back into the game as possible. It would not increase how much I am personally making (which at the end of the day isn't that high, contrary to some people's beliefs :p).

Once I have results from this poll, I will be separating them into votes from people who currently support osu!, and focusing on those numbers, so current supporters' opinions count more.
PatZar
oh don't please :(
$4 it's average
BlanksonnG
I don't mind if you need to increase prices! If it helps osu! then go ahead I won't complain.
Ironsoul27
Go ahead peppy, I don't mind the price increase as long as it helps ya :3
__Hatsune_Miku
pleas no.. T.T

== But.. My heart is changed in favor of higher prices.
Tomoka Rin
i accept the new price cause i believe it will make osu better
Rina
Yo when I saw you talking about this I figured you'd be more generous to yourself than a one dollar increase at the lowest point, but this is still just as generous to us as you've always been. Make it as much as you need, Peppy.
Her
I don't have a problem with this. Question: Would the increase solely be to help curb the negative revenue or would supporters start seeing more benefits?
Just asking, not trying to sound like a dick.
dionzz99
its okay for me although i never buy a supporter (only gifted)
if its due to inflation, i can accept it :)
Topic Starter
peppy

Her wrote:

I don't have a problem with this. Question: Would the increase solely be to help curb the negative revenue or would supporters start seeing more benefits?
More benefits are coming, but they are not planned to be delivered in scale to price increases. The cost of supporter is not supposed to be equal to the value of what it gives you. Supporter benefits are already pretty huge, and they will only get larger (read: less proprortional, in your favour) to the cost.
Her

peppy wrote:

Her wrote:

More benefits are coming, but they are not planned to be delivered in scale to price increases. The cost of supporter is not supposed to be equal to the value of what it gives you. Supporter benefits are already pretty huge, and they will only get larger (read: less proprortional, in your favour) to the cost.
Thanks peppy. Just wondering.
How many times are you going to get this question and how many times will you decide not to reach for the gun?
Samui_old_1
So the price increase is:
  1. 1 month +25%
  2. 4 months +25%
  3. 6 months +12.5%
  4. 8 months +10%
  5. 10 months +8.33%
  6. 12 months +7.69%
Not that bad of a price increase, to be honest. Especially when supporter is not required to play.

Edit: Just as a suggestion, why not make the supporter price for 6~12 months to:

1. 6 months $16 -> $18 $20 ($3 $3.33/month)
  2. 8 months $20 -> $22 $24 ($2.75 $3.00/month)
  3. 10 months $24 -> $26 $28 ($2.6 $2.8/month)
  4. 12 months $26 -> $28 $31 ($2.33 $2.58/month)
kokoro_kiseki
Hehe the price is fine as long as it helps improve osu >w<

Im too poor to be a supporter. plus, my momma doesnt know i play osu XD

Wut.
XPJ38
As far as I am concerned, a $2 increase for a 6+-month-long supporter tag is largely acceptable, I wouldn't mind if I had to buy one.
Thinking for others, the price increase for the 1 month tag may sound a little steep for those who regularly buy this kind of tag as a gift for friends. Don't know to what extent it will impact the number of tags sold though.

Just out of curiosity, what are the most frequently sold tags? I believe 1, 12 and 6 are the most common but I don't know for sure.
Rain Blizzard
You can increase it but please add more payment options :v or just bring back MOL Points .
SuperTurtle
No problems here, a dollar or 2 is hardly anything.
silmarilen
if it's necessary to keep the game running then do it.
Raging Bull
I'm fine, the price change looks very generous still.
smead
The $4 price was kinda unique to me, but I'm fine with the increase :3.

And who voted "No. I will stop supporting osu!" xD
Yano
I have no problems with these changes.

osu! gives (for me at least) more and better content (lol) than much other games. (F2P and P2P)
The community is also nice, apart from the shitstorms. (<- but they're entertaining)
show more