forum

osu! Music Player v1.3.6 [Playlists, Bug Fixes]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Naviaux
Greetings! Today I would like to not only showcase, but give to you guys an osu! themed music player!

I felt that using osu! for a standard music player was a bit bulky (it uses an entire window for it), so I decided to cut out the main part of it - the title screen music player.

Current Features:
  1. Adding Multiple Songs
  2. Adding a folder and all sub-directories
  3. MP3 and WAV support
  4. Update Detection
  5. Seeking
  6. Playlists
Planned Features:
  1. Ogg support
Please keep in mind that this program may still have bugs in it and may update frequently without your knowledge.
This program also requires Java 8 to run correctly.

Screenshots:
Music Selection Screen (Default Screen):

Miniplayer:

The background is transparent!

Miniplayer (hover):

Again, more transparency!

Other things to note is that acts similar to osu!
The arrow button, returns you to the music selection screen.
The triple horizontal bars make the player go 'invisible' (there's a faint semi-sphere around the corner where the player is that will reveal the player when it is hovered over).
You can adjust the volume with your scroll wheel, though the program needs to be active (not just on top of other windows) for it to work.

That being that, I hope that you enjoy the program!
You can download it here: v1.3.6 Dropbox (179 KB)
v1.2.1 Dropbox (161 KB)
v1.1 Dropbox (147KB)
v1.0.1 Dropbox (144KB)
v1.0 Dropbox (144KB)
You can also view the source here: GitHub

Changelog:
  1. v1.3.6
    1. Playlists! (Create, Favorite, etc.)
    2. Close Button on MiniPlayer
    3. (Hopefully) Fixed various issues with the miniplayer
  2. v1.2.1
    1. Added update detection
    2. Import Settings (Toggle WAV, MP3 and turn off osu! beatmap sounds)
    3. Seeking (Click on the progress bar to seek)
    4. Fixed an issue with repeat one
    5. Ability to remove tracks from library
  3. v1.1
    1. Fixed an issue with volume control bugging out (it still does, not as badly).
    2. Some settings are now saved (position, volume, repeat mode, shuffle toggle)
  4. v1.0.1
    1. Fixed an issue when selecting a song always playing the first song on the list.
  5. v1.0
    • Initial Release
Howl
nice!
XinCrin
Great job! :)
xasuma
Works great! Mind me a few suggestions though which I think would make it awesomer:

- Allow me to delete songs from the list after added (I cant manage to find it if it's there)
- Show me a message while songs are importing (I kept thinking it had frozen, when it was actually working)
- Add pause/unpause shortcut.

ANd you mentioned it, but yes playlist will be awesome ^^ . awesome job!
FieryLight
Anyway of getting rid of custom hitsounds found in maps? )=
Flanster

FieryLight wrote:

Should be easy enough, string just needs to be checked for skin files. No idea why WAV support is initialy present since maps dont use WAVs for songs.
[Morray]
Good job !!!
sirusi
It would be nice if we could move the mini player freely... can you do it?

I think I'll use this player only, it's awesome. Good Job!
XinCrin

LoliFlan wrote:

FieryLight wrote:

Should be easy enough, string just needs to be checked for skin files. No idea why WAV support is initialy present since maps dont use WAVs for songs.
this.

Could be better if the player reads .mp3 files only (.ogg too)
Topic Starter
Naviaux

xasuma wrote:

Works great! Mind me a few suggestions though which I think would make it awesomer:

- Allow me to delete songs from the list after added (I cant manage to find it if it's there)
- Show me a message while songs are importing (I kept thinking it had frozen, when it was actually working)
- Add pause/unpause shortcut.

ANd you mentioned it, but yes playlist will be awesome ^^ . awesome job!
I've been starting to get annoyed at certain songs. I will for sure be adding a delete songs option in the next update!
Message while importing? Good idea! I did think it was strange that I hadn't done this already >_>
And do you mean a pause/unpause shortcut for the miniplayer? If I'm correct (only IF), this will cause it to not work on Linux and Mac (though I'm not sure if they even work on those Operating Systems to start).

LoliFlan wrote:

The reason why .wav support is present was because in the original version of this program, I couldn't get MP3s working. I might actually need to get a different sound system to get .oggs working thought. (Hurray for recoding!)

XinCrin wrote:

this.

Could be better if the player reads .mp3 files only (.ogg too)
I could have an option to ignore .wav files. And I'll be working on ogg support, hopefully for the next major update.

VMzOlliver wrote:

It would be nice if we could move the mini player freely... can you do it?

I think I'll use this player only, it's awesome. Good Job!
It is possible to make the miniplayer move freely, but this would cause it to act strangely if I don't implement it correctly.

And thank you all for the amazing feedback! I hope you all find the player up to (most) of your standards. I'll also be fiddling with an equalizer so I can possibly implement it.
FieryLight
I've downloaded the latest version of your music player and there's a rather huge bug. The name of the song changes to the next as it should but then the same song is just repeated again. Anyway to fix this? Hope you can stomp on this bug! =)
Topic Starter
Naviaux

FieryLight wrote:

I've downloaded the latest version of your music player and there's a rather huge bug. The name of the song changes to the next as it should but then the same song is just repeated again. Anyway to fix this? Hope you can stomp on this bug! =)
I've been looking into the bug for a while now... Still not entirely sure as to why this occurs. I believe it has something to do with the repeat function failing to switch to the proper repeat setting.
Topic Starter
Naviaux
We got a new update folks!
I've finally added playlists to the program!
Now, let's see what else I can do with this thing. Wanders off muttering to himself about equalizers and visuals.
[ Scarlet Red ]
Glad to see you're working on this project. It seems great for people who don't want to use osu in the background (may cause lag for other programs and such). I could see myself using this ^^
Minamiya
How can I remove every song from the library at once, instead of selecting one song at a time. This is getting annoying.

Edit: Nevermind, I simply cleared the library.txt and it's done.
Audiun
Thanks, this is awesome and easy to use!
I have a small suggestion though, it really just bothers me a little bit that when a song is playing in the mini player, the blue bar that currently shows where you are in the music, starts from the right side, instead of the left. I feel like it's pretty universal that the loading bar starts on the left.
Twisted_Chimera
The player indeed does it's job. Great work, although there is one thing that really annoys me, I can only delete one at a time.

Suggestion:

> Highlighting of songs then press del to delete.

Question:

I deleted the jar file and downloaded it again, and all the songs are still there. I don't know java but I have a guess that the data is being stored somewhere. Mind telling me where it is being stored?

That's what gave me the idea for suggestion.
PieInOblivion

Twisted_Chimera wrote:

Suggestion:
> Highlighting of songs then press del to delete.
I completely agree. I love this player, use it all the time. But when I import I simply just select the entire Osu! songs folder and it then imports all the custom beatmap sounds like high-hats and so forth. I understand why this is (Because I'm telling it to) but then when I go to delete the custom sounds, I can only do one at a time which is extremely tedious.
Please I ask you. This is the only problem I have with it.
AdeHaze
nice,,, sometime, im using osu! to play music,..... :D
[Kuroto]
Took me a moment to make it run (noob here). Finally made it work with a command line, it wouldn't open otherwise for some odd reason.

It's awesome! You're my hero. :)

I've been hoping someone would make an osu! music player since forever, I'm an absolute newbie at programming also don't have the patience (I'm lazy).

Minamiya wrote:

Edit: Nevermind, I simply cleared the library.txt and it's done.
THANK YOU! I was about to cry when I just added the whole Osu folder and had all the clap sounds and such and realized it was tricky to delete.

SUGGESTION!

As has been stated before, the delete process is tricky. It only deleted the selected VISIBLE, so a small block. I'm wondering if that's just me or global thing.
Also a Clear List button. As to remove everything imported/everything in current list etc. would be lovely ;)
show more