forum

change in your performance ranking

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Bit of a boring topic and I doubt it will catch on, but I'm curious. Everyone has different pacing in how much they climb or fall in the performance rankings. I've seen someone climb all the way to the top 30000 from the very, VERY bottom in less than a month! What would be your usual change in the performance rankings? Me personally I play and go up about 10-15 places per map and when I feel like It's becoming too easy at a certain difficulty, I move on to harder ones resulting with me going up around 500+ places on the rankings per map as seen from my own performance graph.

Notice the two (or three if you count the small little bump that happened recently) bumps

My other question is how quick can you improve in terms of difficulty. For example: barely hanging in at 3-star maps then a month later easily doing 5.7-star maps without breaking a sweat.

Sorry for the wording. It's 9 o'clock at night when I thought about this and I just had 6 hours of intense school work before. I'm practically 'brain dead' right now! senior year high school :lol:
Shrik
This is mine. Left is 27k while right is 9.6k

Keep in mind this is with 28k playcounts, its all dependent on the person.
Some people learn MUCH faster then others. Also depends on how dedicated you are to improve.

I pretty much got no natural talent at the game. Its all just me playing and playing and playing. (and farming ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Your other question, for me personally is an overnight thing. You randomly get a burst of goodness. It would take a long time to be able to do 5.5+ though. I've been playing for like 6 months and my highest A atm is 5.7
silmarilen
i think im doing it wrong
uzzi

I don't know how to stay under 4 digits.
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Shrik wrote:

Keep in mind this is with 28k playcounts, its all dependent on the person.
Some people learn MUCH faster then others. Also depends on how dedicated you are to improve.

I pretty much got no natural talent at the game. Its all just me playing and playing and playing. (and farming ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Your other question, for me personally is an overnight thing. You randomly get a burst of goodness. It would take a long time to be able to do 5.5+ though. I've been playing for like 6 months and my highest A atm is 5.7

28k plays in 6 months? I've been playing for 8 months and have only managed 5.5k plays!
I blame education.

I guess it would all just depend on how much time and dedication you have for the game then. Or, like you said, if you're lucky have a form of natural talent for clicking circles.

Is the learning curve really that great for maps with 5.5+ stars compared to easier ones?
My highest S is somewhere around 3.6 and for A it's around 3.91. Though I do manage passes beyond 4 from time to time. I do improve to an extent each month or so. I've yet to find my own limit.
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6

silmarilen wrote:

i think im doing it wrong
Really? Looks fine to me.

Taking out the competition >:D

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I don't know how to stay under 4 digits.
At least you're good enough to reclaim your spot on the top 1000.
Also why do you have a '.0' on your pp? :?
Gumpy
B1rd
If I keep progressing steadily and playing every day, I should be in the top 1K by the time I'm 50!~
Shiratu

I just sometimes get those days where I get some pp, but I don't really care anyways.
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6

B1rd wrote:

If I keep progressing steadily and playing every day, I should be in the top 1K by the time I'm 50!~
I'm sure that if you keep aceing insane maps, then you could reach it in less than a year.
(Unless you're 49 going 50 :P )
-sev
Ended my 2 month inactivity about 39 days ago.

Trauter

Slowly getting better.
Nub1
not really improving ever since I reached 29k

domSaur

2slowman
daredakke

I'm just lazy. Being around #4k is all I've ever been for a long time now.
Kouya-

I'm always having trouble FCing songs. . .
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Kouya- wrote:

I'm always having trouble FCing songs. . .
I'm all too aware of that feeling.
The moment that I noticed I still have FC and 100% is the moment that I end up missing the last few circles/sliders :(
Mr Capuce