FrzR
no
silmarilen

Fr33z3R wrote:

no
uberpancake
Yes
Green Platinum
Maps can be plenty difficult, unique and enjoyable without being overmapped.
thelewa
I find myself enjoying overmapped maps more than proper "good" maps, because only overmapped maps tend to be challenging
FrzR

thelewa wrote:

I find myself enjoying overmapped maps more than proper "good" maps, because only overmapped maps tend to be challenging
I hear your fan club going wild
Topic Starter
randylek

thelewa wrote:

i think you are in the minority of osu players who find themselves struggling to find challenging maps
GoldenWolf

thelewa wrote:

Not enough LeaF songs to map...
buny
rank 5 digits and complaining about overmapped maps

ok then
winber1
boobs
Vuelo Eluko
i enjoy overmapped maps on a daily basis
tokaku
I think they're fun as impossible as they are, but sometimes, no.
Xayne
I personally think we need another Big Black and Airman map.
Vuelo Eluko

Xayne wrote:

but those arent overmapped
chainpullz
This thread might be a little more constructive if people shared their favorite overmapped maps. Otherwise this is basically just shit posting.
Xayne

Riince wrote:

Xayne wrote:

Your face isn't overmapped.

B1rd
I don't really care if a map is 'overmapped' or considered bad, they're good maps to train reading.
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

Xayne wrote:

They could definitely be called shitmaps at the least. If they were submitted today instead of back when they were, I doubt they would've gotten ranked.
buny
"omg map 2 hard tefore shit!!!!!!!!"
FrzR

buny wrote:

A fraction of osu! players in a nutshell
cheezstik
shitmaps =/= a map that is shit
chainpullz

Fr33z3R wrote:

buny wrote:

Could literally say anything and have this be true. 0 is a rational number you know.
Vuelo Eluko

Fr33z3R wrote:

buny wrote:

I appreciate maps that are too hard for me more than maps I can play
Topic Starter
randylek

buny wrote:

ok then
ROFL thx for ur input no.1 kiwi in osu
i could be 8 digits and still be allowed to complain about absolutely anything
-sev

cheezstik wrote:

Do you mind elaborating on that a little bit, I'm kinda lost.
E m i
I walk the lewa path of accuracy, and therefore maps I deem overmapped are useful for training accuracy and reading.
For example, trying to 'rhytmically comprehend' a repeating slider in 1/16
or when a 3/4 slider appears but nothing in the song has changed
or when HanzeR
cheezstik

Kaienyuu wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Do you mind elaborating on that a little bit, I'm kinda lost.
shitmap = a map with elements that are usually unrankable, or excessively difficult for the sake of it, or excessive overmapping, for example, hollow wings maps, or 2B maps like IOSYS - Endless Tewi-ma Park.

A map that is shit = Maps that are badly mapped, off time, weird rhythms, or doesn't suit the song etc. A good example is many really old maps.
buny

randylek wrote:

buny wrote:

ok then
ROFL thx for ur input no.1 kiwi in osu
i could be 8 digits and still be allowed to complain about absolutely anything
What I was trying to imply is that at that rank you're hardly going to run into any overmapped maps since most maps that are so overmapped that it matters are in the higher difficulty stars of what you would play

maps that are overmapped at lower stars to such an extent are weeded out by the ranking system or become high difficulty in star rating
Lach
You guys don't even know what overmapping is. It has nothing to do with star rating. It doesn't necessarily make a map harder, either.
buny

Lach wrote:

You guys don't even know what overmapping is. It has nothing to do with star rating. It doesn't necessarily make a map harder, either.
overmapping raises the star rating because it raises the note density
overmapping doesn't follow the actual beat of the song. So technically it SHOULD make the map harder, as silent/quiet notes are very unpredictable
overmapping usually means it's mapped to two beats in the song, causing utmost confusion and becomes a button mash

of course, the definition of overmapping is subjective. But looking at it objectively as "over mapping" or excessive mapping, then generally overmapped maps are maps that have had too many objects mapped than it should

I know I'm going to receive a lot of hate for this, but most overmapped ranked maps are either very old, or are skystar maps
FrzR

Lach wrote:

Tell us, Master.
show more