forum

[Archived] Sound delay using razer surround

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ruku112
Problem Details:
so i recently got this issue with my sound on osu where thre is a strange sound delay on beat maps when im using razer surround. i have tryed the offset wizard and it is perfect in there, but in-game it is off beat. replays and spectating is completely fine though. and if i set my default speakers to the default device in the sound settings on the computer, the sound is back on the beat in-game, but the sound is horrifically bad and "tinny". any thoughts on solutions?

(also this was after a system restore and none of the above happened before i did the restore)

(even more, i have tried uninstalling osu and re installing it a week later, this seems to improve the delay. not sure if this will help)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://gyazo.com/603b9a24ef352f13707362079e7edbb9

osu! version: 20141106.14 (latest)
Toadsworth
I think there is nothing you can do about having delay except changing you offset in the osu! settings. After a quick search I found that it has delay for most people unless you have a powerful CPU as razer surround has to process all sounds before outputting them.
VeilStar

DatPenguinTho wrote:

I think there is nothing you can do about having delay except changing you offset in the osu! settings. After a quick search I found that it has delay for most people unless you have a powerful CPU as razer surround has to process all sounds before outputting them.
^This, combined with the fact that surround will always be delay when using surround.
It creates the '3d sound' effect by delaying sounds depending on various factors.

If anything, make sure vsync is OFF (creates input lag).
Also, alternativelty, adjust the sound delay offsets in the Razer application, it will sound less 'surround', but will be less delayed.

As you said replays & spectating is fine but playing is NOT all I can say is what Penguin already said.
Full Tablet
Disable Razer Surround for playing osu! (after all, osu! doesn't even have surround audio; the "surround" effect is just a distortion from what it should be).