forum

Your types of keyboard :)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yukiisdead
well the title says it all ^///^ i wanted to hear some opinions from you guys which keyboards are the best for osu!mania or which ones you are using..
I am still saving up for a good mechanical keyboard, black tournament edition of razer,but its really really expensive.. i wanted to buy something cheaper. :(
4k osumania player here ^///^ .. thanks for your comments ^^
Silver Sky
I played using laptop keyboard for about 10 months, then I bought a mech keyboard with red switch but for some reason I just feel more comfortable with my laptop's keyboard so.. Yeah, now I'm using a laptop keyboard /o/ :)
Drace
relevant threads

t/199365
t/159959
t/180410

I use a cherry mx reds for anything 9k and bellow, and I play on djdaos (IIDX controllers) for 10k-16k and single handed 7k/8k

sometimes I also like playing 7k+1 and 9k on ps3 controller...
Topic Starter
yukiisdead
ohh wow, i also heard something about rubberdomes.. uhm what are those? o.o are those things different form cherry mx? o.o
ReTLoM
Hi There im using Cherry-Blue switches but sometimes they feel to slow :/

Difference between Rubberdome and MX-Switches
Rubberdome:

Normally they survive for like 5-10million Clicks each key and they feel squishy after like 2 -5 million clicks

Mechanical (cherry-Switches)

They survive like 50mio clicks and have some different Type of clicks
Blue:
They Click very loud and fast but they need more time do go up again because you press the key half way and then CLICK its is pressed so it need the complete way down and the half way up to release again ...

Brown:
the are linear so you have to press them complete to activate but they release the press immediately if you go up :)

Other colours idk dint try them but here is a good link and picture
http://superuser.com/questions/366221/differences-between-cherry-mechanical-keyboard-switches

Sorry for my bad english i hope you can understand it

Greetz
ReTLoM
Drace
Rubber domes aren't mechanical, it's the cheaper keyboards. Not necessarily bad but definitively easier to break.

Ever accidentally broke open a TV remote control? The gel-pad with all the buttons is exactly what rubber domes use in the interior except keys are pressing down on the rubber domes instead of your finger.
Silver Sky
Somehow I regret for not using mech keyboard from the beginning, because now I can't use it >:(
lemonguy
Laptop keyboard ftw lol
Drace

Silver Sky wrote:

Somehow I regret for not using mech keyboard from the beginning, because now I can't use it >:(
You can always switch, just needs a little perseverance. It took me around 3-4 months to start beating my laptop/geldome scores on a mech :/

Though I also know people who got used to it on day 1...
Topic Starter
yukiisdead
wow thank you guys for this info.. now i know what kb i'll buy thank you ^^b
Silver Sky

yukiisdead wrote:

wow thank you guys for this info.. now i know what kb i'll buy thank you ^^b
Your welcome :)

And one thing, make sure you tried all of mech keyboard at your price range, more expensive isn't always better. :D