forum

Arm Hurts After 1 Song! Please Help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wiggull
So I have been playing Osu for over 10 months now and I'm pretty good, I have never had this problem before but lately when I have been playing Osu my biceps and right hand will start to hurt, I have loosened up my arm and wrist during songs and I have even moved my mouse to the top of my desk so it's no longer next to my keyboard and is almost behind my screen but nothing has helped. I have been pushing myself to my limits by trying to play harder songs to practice and get better but now even if I play 2 or 3 star songs my arm hurts, sometimes it doesn't hurt when I play 3 star songs but after it I get an S or an SS rank but after that I become really shaky and am unable to play without my pinky on the desk to stabilize my hand and stop it from shaking but this really hurs my fingers, Any tips to help this stop please it's very painful and I can't play Osu anymore without it happening :(
Nutella
Take a long break. (days, weeks..)
Topic Starter
Wiggull

yNutella wrote:

Thanks but I have done this already (had a 2 week break) and it has not helped but thanks anyway c:
[-Cloud-]
do you even lift bro
Topic Starter
Wiggull

[-Cloud-] wrote:

do you even lift bro
-_- I do when I'm at school when we do PE :D
silmarilen

Wiggull wrote:

yNutella wrote:

Thanks but I have done this already (had a 2 week break) and it has not helped but thanks anyway c:
then take a longer break.
Topic Starter
Wiggull
Thanks but I have done this already (had a 2 week break) and it has not helped but thanks anyway c:[/quote]
then take a longer break.[/quote]

I have tried but it still has done nothing, the longest break I have had is 3 months and that is more than long enough for the muscle and tissue in my arm to grow back (after ripping it playing osu) but it still happened, it's just my shaking now I shake too much when I play and I can't stop it nothing has helped I have changed my mouse DPS to lower then higher but nothing works anymore :(
Green Platinum
Remember this forum isn't to provide any sort of medical advice, since the problem is persisting you should probably see a medical professional.
Bauxe
Welcome to the osu! Medical Clinic.
Frc
Well, i don´t know why your arm with a 800 playcount on 10 months of playing...
Vuelo Eluko
your... bicep? that's really weird. 99% of the time the pain comes from the muscles that move the fingers up/down, i mean personally when i play my biceps are just chilling not doing anything so I don't know what the heck you're doing to cause that. maybe make sure your forearms are resting on a surface?

if the back of your hand hurts you're probably exerting your extensors too much, remember you don't have to lift your fingers up very far at all between taps.
also try using heavier switches like black they really cut down on the work you have to do to pick your fingers up, reds are pain. i can deathstream for ages with blacks and my extensors never get sore, although the muscles pushing down certainly do eventually.
GoldenWolf
If it still hurts after 2 weeks you should PROBABLY GO SEE A DOCTOR I DON'T KNOW
winber1
jack off more
xasuma
Yeah, rest a lot.
Then when you play again make sure your arm isn't in an unnatural position. Workout.

Good luck
kevpwns
I smell shitpost, just sayin
RivenDaddy
take a break
nrl
good job