forum

Bodybuilding & Fit ( If u want to get in shape come here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
DooM
tfw your gym closed 1 month for vacation and when they should open you find out they changed location, other 20 days to wait
kirueggy
I can't seem to understand why people skip leg day sometimes (jokes aside). Then again it may be just me considering how all I mostly do is basketball leg stuff is nothing to me but keeping your legs in shape isn't that hard, people. I may have big calves but I do have calf muscles lol
Topic Starter
DooM

kirueggy wrote:

I can't seem to understand why people skip leg day sometimes (jokes aside). Then again it may be just me considering how all I mostly do is basketball leg stuff is nothing to me but keeping your legs in shape isn't that hard, people. I may have big calves but I do have calf muscles lol
It's the most painful bodypart to train, if you can suffer that pain then you will conquer your physique
kirueggy

DooM wrote:

kirueggy wrote:

It's the most painful bodypart to train, if you can suffer that pain then you will conquer your physique
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workout ... ng-workout

I can do all of these with little - no problem. Does this mean I'm better than most when it comes to leg stuff? Practice makes perfect; plus I only started doing leg exercises because I wanted to get rid of my fatty calves bc my nike elite socks would always be a bitch when playing because they'd always slide down and that would tick me off for some reason
Jordan
Attempted a 195kg dl. Midway through the lift I felt sudden intense pain in the right side of my lower back and that shit nearly paralyzed me for a second. I took a 10 days break from deadlifting AND squatting specifically because my lower back hurt but it looks like I haven't solved the issue. Maybe I should get a belt
- M o s h i -
After suffering from eating disorders for over 5 years I decided to make a change in my life. I just couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore. I started working out and eat right this January.

When I started my weight was around 63kg. I am 190 tall so I looked like a skeleton.

Now when I write this I weigh 82kg. So I have almost gained 20kg this year so far. I can see a huge difference, and looking myself in the mirror isn't as bad anymore!

I have to admit that it wasn't easy in the beginning. But when I started to notice the difference on my body I got so motivated and it gave me a huge boost.

Nowadays I love going to the gym, it's a place where I can "relax" (even though I lift haha) listen to good music and have a nice chat with the other people there!
La Volpe

- M o s h i - wrote:

After suffering from eating disorders for over 5 years I decided to make a change in my life. I just couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore. I started working out and eat right this January.

When I started my weight was around 63kg. I am 190 tall so I looked like a skeleton.

Now when I write this I weigh 82kg. So I have almost gained 20kg this year so far. I can see a huge difference, and looking myself in the mirror isn't as bad anymore!

I have to admit that it wasn't easy in the beginning. But when I started to notice the difference on my body I got so motivated and it gave me a huge boost.

Nowadays I love going to the gym, it's a place where I can "relax" (even though I lift haha) listen to good music and have a nice chat with the other people there!
Way to go man and good job! It's always the beginning the hardest part when you start to workout but once you get past that, the gym can be a very enjoyable place! Keep it up and don't forget legs day!
Jordan
Injured my back. GG

Im just going to bench and OHP for now, also going to add assistance and bodybuilding style movements I guess. I'll squat / dl again after 3-4 weeks

I really hope this is not going to reappear forever...
Antlia-
I already swim for 2 hours in the morning and in the afternoon x-country practice for 2 hours, and finally I constantly go to the gym
I think I'm fit
Topic Starter
DooM

ahsoka08 wrote:

I already swim for 2 hours in the morning and in the afternoon x-country practice for 2 hours, and finally I constantly go to the gym
I think I'm fit
Yeah
Granger
Never skipping leg day is as easy as getting an bike and regulary going biking. Bridge or hill ahead? Great, theres your leg day training, take it on, dont step down from your bike and walk.

No, really, bikes are great for keeping you fit in general, provided you actually use your bike every other day for one or two hours. Go bike around your town, one round completly around it, always on the town borders. Just do it.
Evanlet

Jordan wrote:

Injured my back. GG

Im just going to bench and OHP for now, also going to add assistance and bodybuilding style movements I guess. I'll squat / dl again after 3-4 weeks

I really hope this is not going to reappear forever...
Watch your form. I can't stress this enough. Quality over quantity, always... But you probably already know this now.
With deadlifting, your form has to be perfect. Any kink anywhere in your form will show up, and you definitely don't want to fuck your back.

If you're in doubt, feel free inbox me and I'll help you out so you can avoid future injury and maximize gains.

- M o s h i - wrote:

The initial step of getting yourself into the gym in shit shape is probably the hardest. Good job with that, and it's probably meaningless to you coming from someone you don't even know but I'm proud of you!
kirueggy
Oh fuck I made the mistake of not preparing for a 5k a month or so in advance & although I finished with a 22:45 it feels like someone shot my legs with a Mossberg 500. Tried conventional methods of removing the soreness but this shit still hurts like hell. Just finished it a day ago (from the time of this post, at least) so it probably could just be the fact it's only been 30 hours or so. God help
Topic Starter
DooM
A Medic
I used to be pretty in shape, I played every sport in HS (Soccer, football, Basketball, XC, Track) and I *was* planning on going to college to play basketball but I decided not to for various reasons, and now I've lost everything that I built up over the past years (In terms of muscle size etc). I've been thinking about hitting the gym again when spring semester starts, but I'm extremely lazy now.
Pituophis
I need to get fit again. I found out I've developed hypertension from being a lazy ass and my diet(started fixing this already). Just putting this post here so I can remember to read this later.
Jordan

Pituophis wrote:

I need to get fit again. I found out I've developed hypertension from being a lazy ass and my diet(started fixing this already). Just putting this post here so I can remember to read this later.
Good job! If you need any advice, no matter how "stupid" the question may seem like don't hesitate to ask. We've all been newbies once.
Roxy Lalonde
for me, I just tend to run a lot.

muscle building in particular isn't something I've ever been interested in, but having regular heart exercise is something I've always committed to

so that when i go putting my 100% in osu

feeling drenched in sweat doesn't feel as bad

and it's easy to hold off from sweet stuff when i don't buy it in the first place
Kert
Any exercises to improve muscles on the back? I imagine that is why my spine is a bit crooked (exactly in the center of it) and I'd really want it to be fixed to normal.
Looong walks give pain in the back and it's not the thing I really like.
Jordan

Kert wrote:

Any exercises to improve muscles on the back? I imagine that is why my spine is a bit crooked (exactly in the center of it) and I'd really want it to be fixed to normal.
Deadlifts WITH PROPER FORM do wonders when it comes to strengthening your back.
Topic Starter
DooM

Kert wrote:

Pendlay rows on a dailyyyy brah
Jordan
I'll go back to lifting in January finally. I'm so fucking happy. Although I lost almost all my gains also due to a 2 weeks sickness in which I pretty much didn't eat anything.
zoyson
Turned 15 in November. 4 months training(2 at home,and 2 at the gym)

Deadlift 285 x 5
Squat 200 x 8

Thoughts?
Faust
Looks pretty good.
JAKACHAN
I finally got around to dedicating myself to a full blown climbing workout. 1 week into it and I've already added 10 pounds to my middle/ring only hangs and pushed myself up a few grades. I was even able to pick up about 110 lbs of weights + barbells for nothing so strength training is doable.
Topic Starter
DooM
Finally got back in the gym after 3 months of pause, went on the bench annd tried to do 5 reps with 60 kg. After 2 reps i feel it too heave and lower the weight.
The next morning i realized that those weren't 60 but 75 kg lmao, looking forward to see my progress in this time i spent doing nothing
vsprite

Kert wrote:

Hyper extensions
Deadlifts
Lat pulldowns
Pullups
Reverse grip lat pulldowns
Dumbbell rows
Barbell rows
Machine row
Smith machine rows
Squats
vsprite

DooM wrote:

Finally got back in the gym after 3 months of pause, went on the bench annd tried to do 5 reps with 60 kg. After 2 reps i feel it too heave and lower the weight.
The next morning i realized that those weren't 60 but 75 kg lmao, looking forward to see my progress in this time i spent doing nothing
Nice, you regain your strength back pretty quickly after a break. My bench is terrible, only at 70kg atm but I can do 110kg squat, trying to aim for 120kg(3plates) squat by may.
zoyson

bulk update
Faust
Little hard to believe you're only 15.

Great progress. Got my arms/forearms nice now, so I guess I'll start on my abdomen & legs now.
zoyson

Faust wrote:

Little hard to believe you're only 15.

Great progress. Got my arms/forearms nice now, so I guess I'll start on my abdomen & legs now.

I just turned 15 in november, i mean... i can give you a birth certificate or something.
zoyson

lil update :3
Topic Starter
DooM

zoyson wrote:

lil update :3
Good progress man!~
Jordan
tfw my entire chest is tore to pieces but tomorrow is bench & squat day

s e n d h e l p
Babble
I don't mind the people who enjoy the aesthetic benefits of lifting, but it's not my cup of tea. I'm more into marathon runningand hardmode yoga.
Topic Starter
DooM

Babble wrote:

I don't mind the people who enjoy the aesthetic benefits of lifting, but it's not my cup of tea. I'm more into marathon runningand hardmode yoga.
that's good too fam, the important thing is that you enjoy it