forum

Bodybuilding & Fit ( If u want to get in shape come here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
SnowflakeStreet
Well I started lifting a couple of months ago and eating with the goal of getting strong and improving my physique but I don't think I would call myself a bodybuilder.

It's fun but my lifts are starting to stall which is kinda lame. >_>
Topic Starter
DooM

eeezzzeee wrote:

Interesting to see a thread like this on osu! I don't have any interesting story to share though. I've been athletic pretty much all my life, competitive swimming from age 8 all the way through highschool, then started lifting and its been a little more than 2 years now though I have taken breaks sometimes lol

But here's some very general tips for guys who are just starting/want to get into lifting, because I think there's a few of you here xD

1 - Don't feel shy, nervous, intimidated, whatever just because there's a lot of big guys there. This is actually a huge reason why a lot of people don't want to go, but it really makes no sense. Everyone was skinny (or fat) at one point. In fact, most people at the gym are happy to start conversation or help you if you ask!
2 - Start light! Just like how in osu you have to start on easy beatmaps, lifting you have to start with light weight that you can be confident with. Try to develop the proper motions for the exercise to feel natural before moving up weight, which brings me to the next point
3 - Practice the proper technique for your exercises. Getting a good workout is all about ripping up the right group of muscles, not about how much weight you can pretend to lift. So if you can't go all the way down on a bench, don't cheat yourself by going halfway! Drop the weight and try again
4 - You might feel like shit the day after, sore and everything. But I guarantee after 1 month or so lifting will feel great, you won't even notice the soreness and feeling swollen big after a workout is just great! :D
Thanks for the help man!
Heatspree

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

Well I started lifting a couple of months ago and eating with the goal of getting strong and improving my physique but I don't think I would call myself a bodybuilder.

It's fun but my lifts are starting to stall which is kinda lame. >_>
If you're not gaining strenght, you're probably not eating enough or not doing sets with heavy enough weight in the optimal rep range of 8-12 for building muscle
JAZeph

eeezzzeee wrote:

3 - Practice the proper technique for your exercises. Getting a good workout is all about ripping up the right group of muscles, not about how much weight you can pretend to lift. So if you can't go all the way down on a bench, don't cheat yourself by going halfway! Drop the weight and try again
I cannot emphasize this enough. Having worked in physical therapy for the last almost five years, people who injure themselves overworking are second only to the people who hurt from NEVER working.

Take care of your bodies kids, it'll make a huge difference in your future ;)
Vuelo Eluko
but i like my body to be soft and pliable
JAZeph
May as well share while I'm here.
Finished the Flat Iron with some coworkers. Tough hike (more climbing than hiking) but well worth it.

CoolChris
Where has this thread been all my osu life? xD il post what gains i made over the past 25 weeks this Monday.
Topic Starter
DooM

CoolChris wrote:

Where has this thread been all my osu life? xD il post what gains i made over the past 25 weeks this Monday.
Waiting them bro!
Vuelo Eluko
so do u guys just live off of grits and beef or
CoolChris

Riince wrote:

so do u guys just live off of grits and beef or
something like that yeah ;)
CoolChris
Week 26

No shirts below

Back

Abs

It wasn't easy getting to this level, to tell you the truth, i never even imagined I would become so strong. Just when I started out I was barely even able to lift anything in the gym and I felt like a waste of space to even be there. Everyone is always staring at what you can do and I felt like crap since I was so weak. But today, I'm glad I went through with it, I'm glad I spend so much time at the gym, because it was all worth it. If i can do it, you can do it too.
Topic Starter
DooM

CoolChris wrote:

Week 26

No shirts below

Back

Abs

It wasn't easy getting to this level, to tell you the truth, i never even imagined I would become so strong. Just when I started out I was barely even able to lift anything in the gym and I felt like a waste of space to even be there. Everyone is always staring at what you can do and I felt like crap since I was so weak. But today, I'm glad I went through with it, I'm glad I spend so much time at the gym, because it was all worth it. If i can do it, you can do it too.
Fuaaaark m8 nice progress and nice motivation, wish u the best luck in your transformation bro, keep it up!!
Nemis

DooM wrote:

CoolChris wrote:

Week 26

No shirts below

Back

Abs

Fuaaaark m8 nice progress and nice motivation, wish u the best luck in your transformation bro, keep it up!!
^
really nice
Topic Starter
DooM
Current abs, gonna post more pics of mine here as progress from now to the end of the school year.

Jordan
Anybody training for strongman? tfw no strongman gym in my ISLAND ;_; currently trying to improve my squat, deadlift and bench press.

i look like shit shirtless because 22% bf :c
CoolChris

DooM wrote:

Current abs, gonna post more pics of mine here as progress from now to the end of the school year.
damn nice man

Nemis wrote:

really nice
thanks !
Heatspree

Jordan wrote:

Anybody training for strongman? tfw no strongman gym in my ISLAND ;_; currently trying to improve my squat, deadlift and bench press.

i look like shit shirtless because 22% bf :c
One of the reasons strongmen are a lot more functional in using their strenght is their bf%
It's not really about looking the absolute best but rather being as strong as possible, right?
Vibroxide
Any weightlifters? (As in Olympic Weightlifters)
kidlat020
former casual gym goer. former because my membership died. gym membership is OP expensive. and that was the end of September.

fast forward to 3 months and I can feel (again) the need for some sweating out. I realize that I got some -3% accuracy in o!m and its not because my eyes couldn't follow the notes. Its my wrist and fingers that couldn't keep up with my eyes. The feeling I felt this... lag on my own system is something you just have to experience yourself. Sure, I can sweat out just by repeatedly playing o!m but something just doesn't feel right.

Will I resume working out? probably no. rewards-wise I only felt good on myself. not that it made me rich or anything. however the time I need to consume for this is just too much. the whole ordeal is high maintenance, low rewards.

I don't mind if I get to live short (or shorter). its not the quantity of life that counts. but the quality.
CoolChris

kidlat020 wrote:

former casual gym goer. former because my membership died. gym membership is OP expensive. and that was the end of September.

fast forward to 3 months and I can feel (again) the need for some sweating out. I realize that I got some -3% accuracy in o!m and its not because my eyes couldn't follow the notes. Its my wrist and fingers that couldn't keep up with my eyes. The feeling I felt this... lag on my own system is something you just have to experience yourself. Sure, I can sweat out just by repeatedly playing o!m but something just doesn't feel right.

Will I resume working out? probably no. rewards-wise I only felt good on myself. not that it made me rich or anything. however the time I need to consume for this is just too much. the whole ordeal is high maintenance, low rewards.

I don't mind if I get to live short (or shorter). its not the quantity of life that counts. but the quality.
What gym have you gone to that's so expensive? Sign up for one that fits your needs, ex: if it has a swimming pool and you don't swim, then that gym isn't for you.
Also working out has benefits but they are long-term, meaning you need to have patience before seeing results. Sign up again, it will be a smart move, and the future you will thank you for it :)
kidlat020
^ fitness first.

patience
precisely what I mean with high maintenance. low rewards? sure. its not quantity of life that counts, but quality.
CoolChris

kidlat020 wrote:

^ fitness first.

patience
precisely what I mean with high maintenance. low rewards? sure. its not quantity of life that counts, but quality.
Well you have to put effort into it as well, it won't just happen. Don't be that guy (or gal) that sits on a machine and uses their phone the whole time. That's not working out, so you are only cheating yourself.

kidlat020 wrote:

its not quantity of life that counts, but quality.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but good form and complete reps is what makes a good workout. Also increasing your weight and lowering the reps is a good way to make gains.
kidlat020
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but good form and complete reps is what makes a good workout. Also increasing your weight and lowering the reps is a good way to make gains.
what I mean is that I'd prefer living a fulfilling 60 year life over a 120 year slave-driven life. If I really preferred the other, I'd just go lost in some rural area and climb trees everyday (what a workout eh?) to get his everyday food. using this analogy, sure, I get to live 120 years, but I'll never experience things like world tour or something. I'd be stuck in that rural area forever because there's no opportunity beyond climbing trees.

and just to clarify, I don't need to gain. I need to lose.
Topic Starter
DooM

kidlat020 wrote:

what I mean is that I'd prefer living a fulfilling 60 year life over a 120 year slave-driven life. If I really preferred the other, I'd just go lost in some rural area and climb trees everyday (what a workout eh?) to get his everyday food. using this analogy, sure, I get to live 120 years, but I'll never experience things like world tour or something. I'd be stuck in that rural area forever because there's no opportunity beyond climbing trees.

Lol bruh you can easly change ur body while going at parties in the weekend or whatever you wanna do, let me introduce to you this gentlemen right here:

CoolChris

kidlat020 wrote:

Don't think about the future, live now. You are now, not later. Do what you want now to become something later. If you are a big person then that's even better, because you transform fat into muscle.

kidlat020 wrote:

I'd prefer living a fulfilling 60 year life over a 120 year slave-driven life.
I don't know about you but there were times where I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to be here another day. I thought I was a loser. A useless sack of shit that wouldn't amount to anything. I don't care if I die today or sometime later. I want to look strong, even when i'm weak inside. And is it really fulfilling to see yourself so depressed? Even for 60 years? I can't to that. Even if i died today, i would be fulfilled with my life, because no one would be able to see my weakness.
Topic Starter
DooM

CoolChris wrote:

kidlat020 wrote:

Don't think about the future, live now. You are now, not later. Do what you want now to become something later. If you are a big person then that's even better, because you transform fat into muscle.

kidlat020 wrote:

I'd prefer living a fulfilling 60 year life over a 120 year slave-driven life.
I don't know about you but there were times where I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to be here another day. I thought I was a loser. A useless sack of shit that wouldn't amount to anything. I don't care if I die today or sometime later. I want to look strong, even when i'm weak inside. And is it really fulfilling to see yourself so depressed? Even for 60 years? I can't to that. Even if i died today, i would be fulfilled with my life, because no one would be able to see my weakness.
That's right
Jazz
Finally you added 'Fit' 'cause I'm not really into bodybuilding but I'm trying to get/stay fit.

Some of the stuff I do:
-eat less rice (yup Asians always have rice in their meals), I eat like half a cup of rice every meal now
-don't eat snacks
-dance
-jog

I'm not really watching the kind of food I eat, I just take note of how much I'm eating. And of course exercise is important.
I'd like to do other exercises like belly dancing and/or pole dancing (no, I'm not trying to be a stripper) 'cause I've been seeing schoolmates who do pole dancing and belly dancing and damn they look awesome.
HaruryuuSan
It's okay to stay fit but why the fuck does erryone need muscles and abs :/

Ew.
Heatspree

Harumi wrote:

Ew.
Because some people want to be strong and aesthetic. Not everyone is into muscular physique, but most people are.
Topic Starter
DooM

Jazz wrote:

Finally you added 'Fit' 'cause I'm not really into bodybuilding but I'm trying to get/stay fit.

Some of the stuff I do:
-eat less rice (yup Asians always have rice in their meals), I eat like half a cup of rice every meal now
-don't eat snacks
-dance
-jog

I'm not really watching the kind of food I eat, I just take note of how much I'm eating. And of course exercise is important.
I'd like to do other exercises like belly dancing and/or pole dancing (no, I'm not trying to be a stripper) 'cause I've been seeing schoolmates who do pole dancing and belly dancing and damn they look awesome.

Yeah, tho i think that fit is incorporated in bodybuilding but people dont really understand that, and i know the reason, if ANYBODY thinks at bodybuilding, they imagine it like this:

But it's not really like that, to make you understand that's the final part in bodybuilding, the apex you know.
I invite u to read this:
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
That makes things easier lol

Harumi wrote:

Ew.
People dont need muscles, they want them, that's just the first thing before a long chain of events that will make you the strongest version of yourself, what most of men wants.
Vuelo Eluko
I compare typical competition bodybuilders to pictures of people who participate in strongman competitions and I just don't know why they would want to spend just as much time and effort on their physique just to look and be so much less powerful.

srsly curious what the point of the whole no-fat/big-muscles and tiny waist thing is, not trying to start anything.

Is it the spandex? admittedly they are the only type of people who can make those tiny things look cool and not flamboyant
Jazz

DooM wrote:

Yeah, tho i think that fit is incorporated in bodybuilding but people dont really understand that, and i know the reason, if ANYBODY thinks at bodybuilding, they imagine it like this:

But it's really like that, to make you understand that's the final part in bodybuilding, the apex you know.
I invite u to read this:
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
That makes things easier lol
I am aware of that, although I am only interested in keeping myself the right size

Riince wrote:

I compare typical competition bodybuilders to pictures of people who participate in strongman competitions and I just don't know why they would want to spend just as much time and effort on their physique just to look and be so much less powerful.

srsly curious what the point of the whole no-fat/big-muscles and tiny waist thing is, not trying to start anything.

Is it the spandex? admittedly they are the only type of people who can make those tiny things look cool and not flamboyant
I'm not sure about other people but to put it simply I just don't want to be fat nor chubby nor any other body size that is not right depending on my height and age. How hard is it to understand that being fat is not healthy? (well I can't say for those who are just naturally fat). And of course people want to feel good about themselves; as a girl I like to dress up and stuff and being fat/chubby makes me feel insecure with my clothes (I hate seeing muffin tops when I wear small shirts, jeans, etc.)

And I don't like it when people say getting fit is 'a waste of time and effort'. Yeah sure because watching anime and playing video games all day on your couch or bed or desk is toooootttaaaalllyyy not a waste of time and effort.
It's not a waste of time and effort, people are just plain lazy when it comes to doing stuff like that.

Oh and, I'm not trying to start anything.
kidlat020
Some people just can't leave their PC desk. Part of their job is being there. like me, a cyber cafe owner and attendant.

Perhaps if I really get the motivation to start sweating out again. osu would give me a lot of sweat. Soooo I guess that's it for me then eh?
Secretpipe
I don't understand bodybuilding but fitness is better imo.

This reminds me that I need to start find a new fitness club o/
CoolChris
Just start working out, the goal is to feel and look better. Just lift until you're happy with the results
Jazz

kidlat020 wrote:

excuses

CoolChris wrote:

Just start working out, the goal is to feel and look better. Just lift until you're happy with the results
qft
Pamarduk
I'm in the minority of Osu players who bodybuild as well. it's healthy, you can get stronger/reach an ideal body and if you do it right then there won't be any injuries (which is just like every other sports). No bad sides to it.

Although the real hard part of it lies in maintaining the nutrition you get. now that needs real devotion. I suppose training your arm by lifting and your abs by doing crunches is the easiest form of bodybuilding :V
Topic Starter
DooM

Secretpipe wrote:

I don't understand bodybuilding but fitness is better imo.

This reminds me that I need to start find a new fitness club o/
Most athletes do bodybuild to have a better performance on the sport they do, do you think that usain bolt put up that mass just by running?
CoolChris

Pamarduk wrote:

I suppose training your arm by lifting and your abs by doing crunches is the easiest form of bodybuilding :V
You're right, but there's more to it than that.
Red Eclipse_old
The most I do is play osu and masturbate so my arms are doing well imo
show more