forum

More fps (frames per second)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sorefury
Hey people! ༼◕‿◕༽ノ

I was wondering about how to get more fps ingame... I made a skin where I could remove some sparkles and stuffs.
It increased my average fps from 200-300 to 600+

but i don't even know what fps is the best...

Help me please!
Wlesh
Go over 9000 or go home
guro
Topic Starter
Sorefury

[Air Man] wrote:

You don't really need more than 60 FPS. You hardly notice any difference if you are higher than that.
come oon... I do... :S
Kurabuman

Sorefury wrote:

[Air Man] wrote:

You don't really need more than 60 FPS. You hardly notice any difference if you are higher than that.
plot twist: you really don't
[Bystander]
60 fps is playable
120+ fps is much better
Anything over that probably isn't noticeable different
Raniemi
I don't know, but my unstable rate goes up when my fps is lower
Gumpy

[Bystander] wrote:

60 fps is playable
120+ fps is much better
Anything over that probably isn't noticeable different
There is a noticeable difference
Topic Starter
Sorefury
Are you guys using a skin pack to get more fps ?
Marcin
Anything more than 240 fps is not noticeable in ANY WAY

OP stop trying this hard.
Qenomo

Marcin wrote:

Anything more than 240 fps is not noticeable in ANY WAY

OP stop trying this hard.
Apparently there is less lag with 1000fps not in terms of looks but in terms of input lag etc. I actually may be able to tell the difference between 1000FPS and 240 fps. It may be due to my monitor being 5ms and 60hz however I may be able to tell. 120fps on 60hz monitor is still noticeable to me. The thing is, there is also cursor lag which can be effected by FPS and there is ghosting with more FPS which may be bad in a way.
Marcin
240 fps is 2-3ms

stop lying to yourself.

and yes, i was talking about input latency not fanciness.
Shohei Ohtani
I can see the difference between 60 and 120 frames per second because at 120 fps, my e-cock grows so large that it covers my view of the entire screen
Nounours2627
For less latency, obviously disable V sync or any FPS limit. But more important than high FPS is steady FPS. 240 FPS with micro stuttering feels more laggy than 60 FPS steady. (So disable the SLI if you have it) ;)
Marcin
... Has anyone ever said that 60 vs 120 is not noticeable? it may be, but what I say is nothing above 240 will be.
Topic Starter
Sorefury
Okay guys... too much hate on this topic as I see... ( ب_ب )
more than 240 fps is not a bad thing tho'
but yea... it seems that 240 fps is essential if you want to minimize the mouse latency-

Still, I want to ask for help about maximizing the fps;
Right now the skin is working pretty good! It has a 150-200% Performance boost. ^^
Not just for the "sake of going over 240" fps; but for the people who are not able to reach it...
So if you would have 120-160 fps (or more) it can incerease it to 240; -or if you don't like it when there are too many sparkles n' stuff

You can check it out here; http://osuskins.info/skin?s=355
also if you know some things that can increase the in-game fps; don't hesitate to help :3
Therieri
So normal osu! skin (standard) is not as good skin for performance boost like that one what you linked?
Topic Starter
Sorefury

Therieri wrote:

So normal osu! skin (standard) is not as good skin for performance boost like that one what you linked?
The default skin is not as good for performance as the one I linked.
with the skin I linked; you'll have 150-200% performance-
I removed the sparkles and stuff that eat a lot of performance, try it ^^
[Bystander]

Sorefury wrote:

it seems that 240 fps is essential if you want to minimize the mouse latency-
Huh? If you want to minimize mouse latency poll the device at 500Hz or greater. What does graphics card frame rendering have to do with it...
Topic Starter
Sorefury

[Bystander] wrote:

Sorefury wrote:

it seems that 240 fps is essential if you want to minimize the mouse latency-
Huh? If you want to minimize mouse latency poll the device at 500Hz or greater. What does graphics card frame rendering have to do with it...
I wasn't talking about the "Polling rate" Hz (•‿•)
I was talking about the "Latency" -which is measured in "ms"-
With 60 fps it's 10 ms and with 240 or more it's below 1 ms most of the time.
I'm not quite sure how it works but the things is: even if your mouse is at 1000 Hz ~ it will have a bigger latency at lower fps than at higher fps :S
So we have to optimize the frames too :S

It might be that the frames are "not rendered frequently enough" compared to the mouse's...
androvova

Anadyomene wrote:

Sorefury wrote:

[Air Man] wrote:

if you have an 144hz monitor, you do
Dementedduck

androvova wrote:

Anadyomene wrote:

Sorefury wrote:

[Air Man] wrote:

if you have an 144hz monitor, you do
Actual legendary necro wtf
Nuuskamuikkunen
Were 144Hz monitors a thing back in these days?
Kaaruumii

eblf2013 wrote:

Apparently they were https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?id=1343285045&subaction=showfull
Stomiks

MFGSTC wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Apparently they were https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?id=1343285045&subaction=showfull
They're really old wtf
Karmine

Stomiks wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

They're really old wtf
Was probably expensive af too
Ymir
I'm genuinely curious as to the thought process behind the one-hit and run necroposters

Kaaruumii

-Remi wrote:

I'm genuinely curious as to the thought process behind the one-hit and run necroposters

they most likely found it from google but tbh i have no idea why they do it either
Stomiks

MFGSTC wrote:

-Remi wrote:

they most likely found it from google but tbh i have no idea why they do it either
Probably their first forum and don't know forum etiquette yet
Dementedduck
on april 1st next year i will do a legendary mega necro
show more