forum

how to improve at SPINNERS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XGuiltySinX
So i've been playing for a bit now and i can do spinners borderline pass, however when i spin it goes everywhere and this is the problem. i want to learn how to spin in small circles but i'm not improving at it. :cry:
GoldenWolf
Try harder
[-Cloud-]
Make a circle.
YamiHikari
Practise making small circles and pick up speed once you get comfortable, do this more often and you'll get used to it. At least that's what i did o: oh hey singaporean
Vuelo Eluko

XGuiltySinX wrote:

i want to learn how to spin in small circles but i'm not improving at it. :cry:
I want to play as well as someone like Elysion or Happystick but im not getting there just by wanting it
B1rd
cheezstik
Technique > speed, when you can consistently spin circles as perfectly round as possible, and not ovals / hexagons / squares / diamonds / triangles or whatever, then you can build up speed and maintain it. But in the end, spinners don't really matter, you only need to spin at like 250-300 to pass 90% of spinners anyway.
GoldenWolf

cheezstik wrote:

Technique > speed, when you can consistently spin circles as perfectly round as possible, and not ovals / hexagons / squares / diamonds / triangles or whatever, then you can build up speed and maintain it.
Sure it's better to try making circles as round as possible, but in the end even that doesn't matter, the only thing that does is the number below the spinner, and some people can reach 470 by doing ovals... so yea
cheezstik

GoldenWolf wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Technique > speed, when you can consistently spin circles as perfectly round as possible, and not ovals / hexagons / squares / diamonds / triangles or whatever, then you can build up speed and maintain it.
Sure it's better to try making circles as round as possible, but in the end even that doesn't matter, the only thing that does is the number below the spinner, and some people can reach 470 by doing ovals... so yea
Objectively speaking, a perfectly round circle is the most efficient shape to spin, as it is even and the exactly the same distribution all the way throughout, making it cover the least possible area. Those people could probably spin faster if they span in actual circles, but then again what's the point if you can already spin 470 I guess, but for us mere mortal non 470 spinners, circles are the way to go.
Blanky
And here I am spinning a max of 360 rpm.

Turns out 360 rpm isn't below average.
Rise_old_1
Use this, obviously...

(Joke please no bannerino)
cheezstik

Blanky wrote:

And here I am spinning a max of 360 rpm.

Turns out 360 rpm isn't below average.
What's the average you reckon? Cos I spin 350-400 (probably around 350~370 stable) and still get rekt in multiplayer when SS'ing.
byfar
If you can spin 250-300 rpm it's already enough. It really only makes a difference when you're competing for top ranks

Oh and buy a tablet if you don't have one.
Sey
Do you play on mouse or tablet?

I had the same issue with too big and barely manageable circles once I used a standard mouse. A few months ago I bought some decent gamer mouse and I improved. With the low cpi I'm using it's impossible to make big circles and I have a much better feeling for the cursor in general.
If you use a tablet I can't really help because I don't play with it.
I Give Up
Before I used to be low ~200rpm sometimes even failing easy spinners. Practice spinning every time, between breaks, while deciding which map you wanna play. After a few months now I get accused of hacking ~470rpm.
Topic Starter
XGuiltySinX
i'm trying the thing with practicing technique then speed.
>i don't really need to reach really high rpm or anything competitive, there are just spinners that i can spin finish, but because i'm spinning uncontrollably i can't reach the next note in time.

when i spin in small circles, my rpm is 120 max
RivenDaddy
To improve your spinner do short spins around the spinner
nrl
good job
E m i

2280578 wrote:

(anatomy)
here we go :?
Saphirshroom

cheezstik wrote:

Objectively speaking, a perfectly round circle is the most efficient shape to spin, as it is even and the exactly the same distribution all the way throughout, making it cover the least possible area. Those people could probably spin faster if they span in actual circles, but then again what's the point if you can already spin 470 I guess, but for us mere mortal non 470 spinners, circles are the way to go.
Not even true. There is no "most efficient" shape. Just because a circle has the least perimeter to radius ratio doesn't mean that it's the fastest possible way to spin. What shape you are) most efficient at depends on what grip you use, whether you use your fingers, wrist or a combination of both etc. I imagine that your fingers can retract/extend at a much higher speed than your wrist can move horizontally which would result in an oval shape.
Circle is probably the best for being able to hit notes after the spinner but most of the time you're really close to the center anyway so you shouldn't miss.
gregest
to improve at spinners,spin more...
cheezstik

Saphirshroom wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Not even true. There is no "most efficient" shape. Just because a circle has the least perimeter to radius ratio doesn't mean that it's the fastest possible way to spin. What shape you are) most efficient at depends on what grip you use, whether you use your fingers, wrist or a combination of both etc. I imagine that your fingers can retract/extend at a much higher speed than your wrist can move horizontally which would result in an oval shape.
Circle is probably the best for being able to hit notes after the spinner but most of the time you're really close to the center anyway so you shouldn't miss.
If you had to run across a field as fast as possible, would it be faster to go in a completely straight line, or go in zig zags? You might have some fucked up leg problem and for some reason run faster in zig zags than you could in a straight line, but if you could theoretically run both in a straight line and in zig zags at infinite miles per hour, you would clear the field faster running in a straight line.
gregest
the most efficient way to spin,is the aimbot spin,yeah,best spinning ever
Saphirshroom

cheezstik wrote:

Saphirshroom wrote:

If you had to run across a field as fast as possible, would it be faster to go in a completely straight line, or go in zig zags? You might have some fucked up leg problem and for some reason run faster in zig zags than you could in a straight line, but if you could theoretically run both in a straight line and in zig zags at infinite miles per hour, you would clear the field faster running in a straight line.
The point I was making is that either the horizontal or the vertical movement of your pen/mouse is faster due to human anatomy which you can't change. The circle requires both to be equally fast and therefore either the vertical or the horizontal has the potential to be faster. Of course the rpm of both circle and oval is the same but there's just no point going for a perfect circle - except that a perfect circle looks (and is) a whole lot more skillful, in my opinion.
SPOILER
Also, it will take you no time at all to run across a field at infinite miles per hour, no matter whether you walk straight, zig zags or to and fro.
cheezstik

Saphirshroom wrote:

The point I was making is that either the horizontal or the vertical movement of your pen/mouse is faster due to human anatomy which you can't change. The circle requires both to be equally fast and therefore either the vertical or the horizontal has the potential to be faster. Of course the rpm of both circle and oval is the same but there's just no point going for a perfect circle - except that a perfect circle looks (and is) a whole lot more skillful, in my opinion.
Also, it will take you no time at all to run across a field at infinite miles per hour, no matter whether you walk straight, zig zags or to and fro.
Huehue, you got me there, let's just say you could run at exactly 10 miles per hour then, or any unit larger than 0 and smaller than infinite, you would clear the field faster running straight.

Also, I personally think the cool, random shapes at 470 rpm that hackers spin look the coolest, but unfortunately it's pretty hard to spin like that >_>. I used to consistently spin diamonds back when I was slower at spinning and had really bad technique (or good technique?)