15.61%
Using both mouse & mouse buttons
27.63%
Other method
7.36%
Total votes: 1006
show more
Zalgradis_old
I had no idea you could use keyboard buttons to hit >< No wonder i struggle iwht 5 star maps.
mekadon_old
Tablet pen (Mouse buttons disabled ingame), and < and > to hit
Pereira006
I use Table pc name "wacom bamboo pen & touch" and keyboard with z,x :D

because this are easy
Baspar
I use left click on mouse, but when my fngers aren't enough fast.. I use z key of my keyboard :D
( Most of time, during buttons' cloud >< )
qlum
I use zx mapped on my belkin n52te but for very hard streams I also use the left mouse button I mapped left of the z on the same n52te I also mapped right mouse click but I never used it
I tried playing with only the mouse the first time I played osu! but I found it hindering the movement of my mouse so I started using the keyboard instead I could use more keys then than the two osu! allows now.

edit 400th post
Rantai
I play left click on my mouse primarily, using q and e (a spill over from my stepmania days) for any streams.
Firo Prochainezo
Mouse + Keyboard. Now I use zx, but before that I used ctrl+alt (mainly ctrl).
Ever 14
tablet + w + e
aevv_old
other: tablet + s/d, mouse + s/d, mouse + click/d, depends on song and mood
RekjESUS
I use mouse for movement and S + Mouse1 to hit
Atelier Nugra
other method : tapping with tablet and without touch.. on streams i always using keyboard K + L :D
Vish024
I'm a mouse and z/xer, one thing I really can't cope with well though are streams. Godamn streams!
Riik_old
I use mouse only, except where that's impossible in places (Yes, insane mode for Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards in Winter, I'm talking to you!)

I tried z/x, but it just puts me off and makes me fail, plus, I play better using my left hand as support by keeping it close to my mouse (dunno why... maybe cos I'm left handed... I either keep it close or on the WASD keys, which is kinda pointless for Osu, but it just feels right)
Drafura
Left click + S key for streams
burningmice
I used to play with mouse and mouse buttons, only because I didn't know you could use the keyboard keys as a click. Once I saw this thread I switched over and haven't looked back.
Niz_45
Used to play with mouse + z/x but now I am using graphic tablet.Still trying to master streams on tablet XD
Drafura
I was wondering how you guys with Z-X keys didn't press every try the fatal windows key ? *.*
ShaggoN
i can turn it off on logitech g15 xD
but srsly, you can always use different keys hmm
however i dont use keyboard in osu much.
Sup A Noob

Drafura wrote:

I was wondering how you guys with Z-X keys didn't press every try the fatal windows key ? *.*
I don't get how you can press the fatal windows key by accident...all the time?

I play C/V by the way, and sometimes press the Windows Key because my pause is set to CTRL.
Reonu Konpaku
mouse to move and hit simple notes/sliders and z key for streams
Xaffy
Mouse, left click + X
Nekoroll
Tablet with X as main, Z as secondary.. I only ever let the pen touch the tablet when I do spinners.
jjrocks
Changed to z/x recently, it really helps with streams and I'm adjusting to how to move with the mouse (which is my biggest problem).
Niz_45

Nekoroll wrote:

Tablet with X as main, Z as secondary.. I only ever let the pen touch the tablet when I do spinners.
How do you play with tablet and z/x keys?Hard for me to do it >.<
akupp

Niz_45 wrote:

How do you play with tablet and z/x keys?Hard for me to do it >.<
Wow, play tablet? You sure rich.. XD

Me mouse (point) + keyboard(click, x,z) only, the most user define.. lolz..
pelgro
Circles and sliders - Mouse for movement and Z/X for hitting them.
Spinners - Pressing both mouse buttons and move with my mouse again. Now you're asking, why the hell, do you press the mouse buttons for spinning? O.o Well, I expired a better mouse-control then ;)
Yu Zero
I'm curious about a tablet pen is it a expensive one? can i know how much the price in dollar?
might to try tablet soon if i already bought one though :oops:
thelewa

Yu Zero wrote:

I'm curious about a tablet pen is it a expensive one? can i know how much the price in dollar?
might to try tablet soon if i already bought one though :oops:
Btw i'm kinda new here and i'm mouse + z/x user for the begining :D I've tried using Left/Right click mouse(only) before it's harder to me for the spinner and streams ;(
I play using a Bamboo Pen and it cost me like 50€ to get, so I think that it would cost something like 50-60$. It's really accurate and for osu you don't want a tablet with a big active area anyway so the small size won't hinder you.

Oh and I play by using a tablet with the active area set fairly small, probably 3 x somethingaslongasitis16:9 cm or something along those lines (really hard to pull numbers from my head when I'm on another computer without my tablet here). and use Z/X to do everything.
arne439
I play with only the mouse, but i use z/x/c/v in Taiko mode (noisy as hell with my keyboard).
I also use my wiimote to play CTB.
AzureDraco_old
Ive recently swapped mouse to tablet (which only cost 15 € so it wasnt really expensive) and got to say its rather fun

And of course im using z + x on keyboard :p
+ what lewa said, i also have a fairly small play area (so small that i actually dont have to move my wrist anywhere to play).
NixXSkate
am i the only person in this thread that just alternates the mouse buttons? (not that i'm that great, only been playing like a month lol) but i can't stand using the z/x keys, which is weird considering how stepmania is my main game
those

NixXSkate wrote:

am i the only person in this thread that just alternates the mouse buttons? (not that i'm that great, only been playing like a month lol) but i can't stand using the z/x keys, which is weird considering how stepmania is my main game
It depends on how fast the music is going, sometimes I alternate the mouse buttones. Sometimes I just do it for the lols.
Cecilia
Two mice, one to move, one to alternate. Put tape over the alternating one's sensor.
wal13x
Mouse + f/d.
silmarilen
mouse with z as main and x for streams, but i fail at streams longer than 7 notes.
Luna
Mouse with left-click.
But whenever there is a stream, I panic and mash n/m randomly.
So I guess you could say I play with mouse/keyboard. Kinda~
Yeah...
orz
Attertwo
Mouse only. Which works rather well for most stuff tbh.
Can't stand playing with x/z since then I wont be able to tell myself that what I do will help my normal computer use in any way! Which I suppose is lying to myself anyways, but well, need something to motivate me to play what would otherwise be rather pointless :p
SinclareC
tablet pen (touch when doing spinner) and zx
hinamizawan
F1+F2 / mouse.
Xact
I've used nothing but mouse for about 2 years.

I had broken my right hand around age 18 and as im aging (now almost 25) it's taking its toll so its becoming painful to put so much stress on it (click + moving fast) so I'm beginning to learn how to use S and D on my keyboard (which I always thought was more efficient anyways, but didnt feel like relearning to play the game).

The things we do to play games lol
show more