forum

I Made An EDM Song!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hamchonk
https://soundcloud.com/unitea/broken

Just finished one of my songs. If you like EDM style type of music you will like this!
Tell me what you think.
Trash Boat
I read that title as "I made a NEDM song!" :D

jokes apart, its ok (thumbs up)
-sev
Friendan
mathexpert

Unity wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/unitea/broken

Just finished one of my songs. If you like EDM style type of music you will like this!
Tell me what you think.
First of all, good job on making your first song! I listen to a lot of EDM but I''ve never produced so I admire those who do.

With that said, this is a pretty mediocre track...Each phrase/shift in melody makes very little sense and wholistically it's really disjointed. Not to mention, the sounds themselves are not that appealing.
It starts off with a really repetitive, pedantic, and somewhat irritating "melody". Nothing is really done with it in terms of progression, you just loop the same thing with some new stuff in the background, with no reason – it comes, and it goes. @ 0:47, you jarringly thrust the listener into a upward scale and then

holy shit wtf

literally the most annoying "drop" of all time – are whoop whoop noises really what you are looking for? I think you should find something darker. The timbre is just really off.

I like the bit starting at 1:18 (maybe I was just relived that that those whoop noises were gone). jk, but cool dark vibe. Truthfully, this is only part where I felt had a atmosphere to it, instead of me thinking "what the heck is this". I wish it was a bit grimier, darker, but nice start.

then at 1:44, yet another lackluster/distracting/bad melody kicks in. Doesn't fit the last 20 seconds at all, it just "is there".

(and the rest is more whooping. enough said?)

Overall, good effort but the track is very disorganized. @ the beginning it sort of sounds like a generic party, happy, energetic track. Then, the drop is like futuristic and (annoying) experimental. 1:31 is dark and ominous, urgent. I don't even know what 1:44 is.. Variety might be good sometimes, but not when it doesn't make sense. In creating a dynamic track, you still have to maintain a sense of cohesion. You have potential though. Don't give up, and you'll be great someday!

Maybe listen to more music? Not just brostep, but hopefully dub, ambient, electro, house, breakcore.
IppE
NotEvenDoomMusic

i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶n̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶N̶E̶D̶M̶
Trash Boat
No, it's "It's fun because it's true." and I have to disagree with it