forum

How to improve in Osu: The BOOSTER technique

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Sancteria
Guys, keep behaving like little kids, just as you do, I won´t defend my position anyways, some people might forget that no one forces them to read stuff or use any suggestions I´ve made.

I am still sorry if my written text is not up to your white-trash-slang, but I am quite sure that everyone could understand what I try to explain.

Besides, it doesn´t harm your accuracy if you keep the focus during the maps, that´s also why you can´t consider it spamming when you solve something with 80%, otherwhise my accuracy has to be crap as well, and it isn´t strangewhise.

Also, when I say keep playing your "what ever you called it, sherlocks"-folder it doesn´t mean you never ever can play maps again which you could FC and profit from them.
Saphirshroom

Sancteria wrote:

I am still sorry if my written text is not up to your white-trash-slang, but I am quite sure that everyone could understand what I try to explain.

Besides, it doesn´t harm your accuracy if you keep the focus during the maps, that´s also why you can´t consider it spamming when you solve something with 80%, otherwhise my accuracy has to be crap as well, and it isn´t strangewhise.
I believe most people found it difficult to read because it feels like every 2nd word of your text is written in bold font.

That aside, 80% is mashing. Just because your accuracy doesn't get worse (and it will at some point, unless you play your booster maps until you get like 98.5% on them) it doesn't mean that this applies to everyone. There is no osu recipe. I just want to point out that your opinion seems to contradict like 95% of what people who are actually good at osu say.
Topic Starter
Sancteria
Underlining stuff shall not make it more difficult, and this methode does work, cause most people are using it and it´s also known that you need to go to your limits to improve, I can´t understand people who say 80% solving means almost only spamming stuff o.O
Dexus
it makes fun. fun. victory. more fun. FUN. not so much fun. "how to make the next step". "how to improve". "I struggle with triplets". squares etc. "How to become better". Certain training. Day by day to become better. "play more". "play more". So much fun. Victory. Try the harder maps. "not having so much fun anymore". Without nasty TV size or DT farming. you can do as well. To improve yourself. The feeling of victory again. Not to rize your rank. Automatically get more PP. Use effectively. The BOOSTER technique.
Have fun. They improved theirselves. Nearly.
Fun. Your limits, map by map. More Fun. The basic. Move forward. Reach the next level. Play the next level. Much too difficult maps. Our limits. automatically. All. no better way. to our limits. FUN. WILL. More. Fun.
The interesting part. We need. More Difficult. Not great. 65%-90%. Create a folder ingame. NoFail mod. Do sound well. 65% and 90%. "BOOSTER". Gather min. 30. Turn on the NoFail-mod. ONLY. Would destroy the process. Solve them with 95%. Can be stressfull in the begining. More difficult maps do make more fun.
You still can make it more effectively. Modifie the maps. Select a map out of your BOOSTER folder. Data and save as new difficulty. Go to map settings. Better accuracy. Circle Size. Reading Skills. Approach Circle. Only 1 thing higher. Aim. Circle Size. ALL. Will shut down.
Technique. You need to have fun. Possible Goals. Don't play if you don't actually like to play.

Problem solved.
uzzi

Dexus wrote:

rize
Twitch
chainpullz

Dexus wrote:

it makes fun. fun. victory. more fun. FUN. not so much fun. "how to make the next step". "how to improve". "I struggle with triplets". squares etc. "How to become better". Certain training. Day by day to become better. "play more". "play more". So much fun. Victory. Try the harder maps. "not having so much fun anymore". Without nasty TV size or DT farming. you can do as well. To improve yourself. The feeling of victory again. Not to rize your rank. Automatically get more PP. Use effectively. The BOOSTER technique.
Fun. Your limits, map by map. More Fun. The basic. Move forward. Reach the next level. Play the next level. Much too difficult maps. Our limits. automatically. All. no better way. to our limits. FUN. WILL. More. Fun.
The interesting part. We need. More Difficult. Not great. 65%-90%. Create a folder ingame. NoFail mod. Do sound well. 65% and 90%. "BOOSTER". Gather min. 30. Turn on the NoFail-mod. ONLY. Would destroy the process. Solve them with 95%. Can be stressfull in the begining. More difficult maps do make more fun.
You still can make it more effectively. Modifie the maps. Select a map out of your BOOSTER folder. Data and save as new difficulty. Go to map settings. Better accuracy. Circle Size. Reading Skills. Approach Circle. Only 1 thing higher. Aim. Circle Size. ALL. Will shut down.
Technique. You need to have fun. Possible Goals. Don't play if you don't actually like to play.

Problem solved.
Kawaii
-sev

Dexus wrote:

SPOILER

Problem solved.
I can't help but imagine how this would sound with a Salarian voice.
buny
no offense but guides like these aren't credible when the person who writes them is in the 5 digits

Dexus wrote:

Problem solved.
fixed
Kerav
So rising the ar will improve my reading-ability. Quite interesting.
Also I didnt know that accuracy is related to the cs.

Also ONLY playing maps that you pass with ~80% acc will leave your accuracy at a state that is equal to mine: Utterly shit.
Not to mention that you wont have any consistency if you do it like that. Practicing maps that you can fc on a regular basis is also pretty important.

Also I advise you to reformat your text, a proper strucute in your sentences would also be quite nice. I know that it is still more or less understandable what you write, but it is still a pain in the ass to read.
buny
I'd also like to add that if you're getting 65%, you're not playing the game

you're just randomly clicking dots on your screen
nrl
good job
Nakano Itsuki
I am trying to get into DT these days, but even ar8 DT seems to hard for me...
Time to try out something like NFDT.
-sev

Kyle McShade wrote:

Now why you would even consider playing DT at your rank, I don't know.
Athrun
Well, I used to play 3-4 starred maps now I'm doing 4-5 stars. And I'm improving.

Still can't FC MuryokuP- Catastrophe..
B1rd

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Well, I used to play 3-4 starred maps now I'm doing 4-5 stars. And I'm improving.

Still can't FC MuryokuP- Catastrophe..
you actually have some good reading plays. But obviously 200bpm is out of your league. If you want to get better at streams I recommend 120-140 bpm AR8 insanes. Also I recommend you get a tablet.
Athrun

B1rd wrote:

you actually have some good reading plays. But obviously 200bpm is out of your league. If you want to get better at streams I recommend 120-140 bpm AR8 insanes. Also I recommend you get a tablet.
If i had the money. T_T
I'm broke.
cheezstik

Kyle McShade wrote:

Time to try out something like NFDT.
Even AR8 DT? AR9 DT is something that a very small minority of players can viably play. I would argue that at your rank, you shouldn't even be playing AR8 DT, if it's just PP you want, nomod still easily takes less effort at that stage, and if it's improvement you want, trust me, DT isn't the way to go. But, even if you disregard all that, at least keep in mind that nofail is definitely not a good mod to play, you will only learn to mash, if you can't pass a map, don't play it to train or improve.
Maus
tl;dr for the lazy people or the illiterate:
Play songs which you can't pass / can pass barely, and are fun for you at the same time.
dung eater
Boosto! I've gotten 67% in several maps i used to get only 64% before i can feel myself getting boosted by thihs. It is all thanks to the BOOSTER technique.
buny

jaaakb wrote:

Boosto! I've gotten 67% in several maps i used to get only 64% before i can feel myself getting boosted by thihs. It is all thanks to the BOOSTER technique.
be sure to like and share this to all your friends