forum

Kinda new need some help taking that next step!

posted
Total Posts
show more
gregest
pro tip:play more
Vuelo Eluko
Low sensitivity is ideal.
1. Keep playing hards because your top players are all normals so you aren't good enough at hards yet to say you're doing decent at them

2. once you start fcing hards start doing insanes around 4 stars

3. once you start fcing those you have developed enough basics to start practicing 5+ star maps without becoming a masher, just make sure you also go back and fc easier stuff in the 4-4.5 star range from time to time for pp and prove to yourself youve gotten better

4. repeat 3 with harder maps infinitely until you SS eighto

gl
Topic Starter
Blue-

Kaienyuu wrote:

Playing the game usually works for people.
Didn't really expect everyone to be smart about it actually, sorry for asking for mouse sensitivity tips etc.
Topic Starter
Blue-

Riince wrote:

Low sensitivity is ideal.
1. Keep playing hards because your top players are all normals so you aren't good enough at hards yet to say you're doing decent at them

2. once you start fcing hards start doing insanes around 4 stars

3. once you start fcing those you have developed enough basics to start practicing 5+ star maps without becoming a masher, just make sure you also go back and fc easier stuff in the 4-4.5 star range from time to time for pp and prove to yourself youve gotten better

gl
Okay thank you! Do you know what a good low but fast enough sensitivity would be?
-sev
I'm not exactly obligated to be smart about silly questions.
silmarilen
400-1k dpi is what most people use, just go as low as possible while still being able to comfortably hit the corners. make sure to keep your ingame sens to 1.0

Kaienyuu wrote:

wtf are you doing here then?
if you're only going to be "smart"
Vuelo Eluko

linzblue wrote:

Okay thank you! Do you know what a good low but fast enough sensitivity would be?
play around with it, you should be able to reach all parts of the screen comfortably and then a little more room to accommodate mouse drift.

edit: dammit silm
Topic Starter
Blue-

silmarilen wrote:

400-1k dpi is what most people use, just go as low as possible while still being able to comfortably hit the corners. make sure to keep your ingame sens to 1.0

Kaienyuu wrote:

wtf are you doing here then?
if you're only going to be "smart"
Okay, thank you I am currently on my sisters laptop cause my pc is in the shop, and I was using a regular desktop mouse I'm gonna go grab mine now tho!
Sancteria
There is EXACTLY no better way improving yourself than

1. Just playing maps you can pass
2. Increase your map pool, search for new maps and play these as well
3. Start to experiment around with your settings, make some research how you can change your settings and try to find YOUR best settings.

and the most important point

4. Have fun with this game while you want to become better, harder maps will make more fun, and you become automatically better if you have fun :D
Vuelo Eluko

Sancteria wrote:

3. Start to experiment around with your settings, make some research how you can change your settings and try to find YOUR best settings.
although i can personally vouch for the importance of keeping the same settings over the long term.
chainpullz
If you don't average like 98.5% on normal maps you need to play more normal maps. This basically applies for all star difficulties. Yes you should also play harder maps here and there but until you consistently get this level of accuracy on a difficulty there is still a lot you can improve upon from these maps. Playing an overwhelming amount of harder maps often causes bad habits that are a bitch to get rid of later on.

Edit: With that said, as you improve more and more trying to reach this type of accuracy you will find the harder maps you play to become easier and easier.
deletemyaccount
You also should try and develop good habits as you try to improve.
Things like good accuracy and finger control will benefit you greatly in the long run.
OSUcore
You could try topping your normal scores with mods like hard-rock, its what I did to help me get started on hard and so on.
Or use nofail and try out insane maps.
Also for mouse, I think most of us tick off "Enhance pointer precision" This is in your mouse properties on your computer.
Sorun

Riince wrote:

although i can personally vouch for the importance of keeping the same settings over the long term.
This is the probably the most important thing you can do to get better. You're only wasting your time if you keep switching it up.
nrl
good job
winber1
lift leg
place foot on ground
repeat

you will now be able to take even more than just the next step

you're welcome anytime
except friday nights
Athrun
Challenge yourself everyday. Play something you are not used to.
chainpullz

winber1 wrote:

lift leg
place foot on ground
repeat

you will now be able to take even more than just the next step

you're welcome anytime
except friday nights
What if I'm a double amputee? *cries*
dung eater
good luck
Angel-Nyan
I would definitely check out this topic. t/187364. It gives a overview cause osu is all about the player rather then the equipment and other things. Just keep playing! I'm sure you will pull though

GL;HF <3