forum

[resolved] [confirmed] osu doesn't restart after updating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KosMos_pv
Problem Details:
When new update arrives or I change release stream there is a button in main menu to restart osu. But osu only closes and does not start automatically and I need to launch it manually.
Is this something wrong with my system or osu does not restart automatically anymore after updating?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141106.14 (latest)
KinkiN
2-3 days ago i think it's still starting automatically after update. EDIT : just tried this a while ago and it's still starting automatically as always

from my guess something is blocking osu! for starting automatically. probably a kind of firewall or file permission?
Topic Starter
KosMos_pv
Firewall is default Windows 7 firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials as antivirus.
My game is installed in D:\Games\osu!, I have a full access to that folder and there was never UAC prompt (except one of last updates when filetype icons were changed). Beatmaps are importing without problems.
This began after some update in which update system was changed.
Topic Starter
KosMos_pv
I did some tests and found that osu doesn't restart only in case if my in-game resolution is 1024*768 and fullscreen is on. But when I choose 1366*768 all works as intended.
Renderer is DirectX.
Can somebody confirm this?

I know it's weird to play in 4:3 resolution having widescreen display. But I used to play in 1024*768 for a long time.
Toadsworth

KosMos_pv wrote:

I did some tests and found that osu doesn't restart only in case if my in-game resolution is 1024*768 and fullscreen is on. But when I choose 1366*768 all works as intended.
Renderer is DirectX.
Can somebody confirm this?

I know it's weird to play in 4:3 resolution having widescreen display. But I used to play in 1024*768 for a long time.
I was successfully able to repeat this bug.
drum drum
I can confirm this (from another person slightly)
Marking now.
peppy
Based on resolution? or fullscreen state?
drum drum

peppy wrote:

Based on resolution? or fullscreen state?
I messed around and discovered it only happens when the client is in fullscreen.
KinkiN

drum drum wrote:

I messed around and discovered it only happens when the client is in fullscreen.
I'm on fullscreen and the game is still able to start itself yesterday

btw my laptop res. are 1366 x 768
osu! is 1366 x 768 (native) and fullscreen mode

drum drum

Yuzuru wrote:

drum drum wrote:

I'm on fullscreen and the game is still able to start itself yesterday

btw my laptop res. are 1366 x 768
osu! is 1366 x 768 (native) and fullscreen mode

Did you restart using the update text?
KinkiN
update text? you mean that " click here to restart " button?

If so, then yes
drum drum
It still happens to me though, if you could take a video then...
KinkiN
atm I'm not capable to use recording programs due to some reasons, and my osu! is up to date.

But i can guarantee you 12-13 hours ago it's still restarting automatically
Arnold0
It happens to me too but not all the time it seams. For exemple saturday I started the game and had the update message. Clicked on it, the game closed, and did not restart. So I restarted it manualy and played a few hours. Just before quitting I saw the message again, so I thought I'd click on it since the game don't restart, but it restarted fie and I had to close the game normally. Using osu! in fullscreen mode as native resolution 1920*1080.
RainbowAshura
I Sort of have an issue with this but with the in-game matinence, whenver i try to go to play solo it shows a little pop up saying my gaming client is being updated and when it is about to or is finished, It just goes to a blue screen and i cant even try t exit the game or even get to the beatmap selection screen, i have to frce close osu through task manager. just started doing this today. :?: :?
Topic Starter
KosMos_pv
Today update to latest version was successful and osu restarted as usual when I clicked "Restart osu". Also switching between release streams also working fine. I think this issue can be marked as resolved.