forum

[resolved] key bindings not registering in game?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tamtam
Problem Details: When i play, it feels like the key inputs aren't being registered in game... This has made it impossible to play correctly, because this causes me to miss in the middle of a stream, or get a miss on THE SECOND NOTE of a triple when i tapped it correctly. I really have no idea what's wrong - i tried moving the key bindings around, changing my offset, but nothing works.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: N/A, laptop cant handle recording :/ sorry

osu! version: 20141030.8 (latest)
Full Tablet
Are you dragging your pen while playing? Make sure you disable mouse input (F10 in-game).
Topic Starter
tamtam
No, i keep mouse buttons turned off. When i look at the replays, the M1 and M2 aren't lighting up on the key overlay, so this can't be caused by me dragging my pen :/
TicClick
you sure your keyboard isn't dying?
KinkiN

TicClick wrote:

you sure your keyboard isn't dying?
It's hard to believe that most of a keyboard's key are all broken though, as OP has said that he/she already tried to change the key binding (and he/she can type well? lol)

But, to make sure, try a different keyboard (external)
Topic Starter
tamtam
It seemed to have fixed itself as of now. I'm fine now ^^

This has never happened before, though. Does osu usually do this when you take 2 day breaks?
Topic Starter
tamtam
I spoke too soon ._. it's happening again, and it's only when i plug in my blackwidow, too. Not nearly as bad as before, though.

This keyboard isn't even a year old.
Toadsworth
Have you tried to use a different keyboard to see if it is just your blackwidow?
drum drum
Toadsworth

drum drum wrote:

Is it somewhat similar to this? http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-su ... y-problems
Reading that reminds me of a problem I had a while ago with my black widow. I just took all the key caps off and turn it upside down and blew air into it. That fixed it from spamming but for about a week after some keys would double press if I only pressed it once.
Topic Starter
tamtam
Have you tried to use a different keyboard to see if it is just your blackwidow?
I've tried using a cheap $10 membrane, and my laptop keyboard, but those work just fine. I'm not really sure if it's the keyboard, because it works fine for other games, too.
Chocolat
Have you tried to reinstall the drivers?

I've had my BlackWidow for over 2 years and this never happened to me..
Topic Starter
tamtam
I just played for about an hour, the problem seems to be gone ^^

No idea why this happened, though. Thank you all for your help ~~
drum drum
If it comes back, let us know. I'll just mark as resolved for now