forum

[confirmed] Dropdown menu spacing is inconsistent.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Granger
Problem Details:
The spacing for the dropdown menus is inconsistent, between "By rank achived" and "By title" is no black line and "Recently Played" appears to be one pixel too far down and two pixels too far to the right.

The backgound of the dropdown menu for the rankings seems also to be off a bit, it pokes out of the outline at a few spots.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141030.8 (latest)
drum drum
I'm not really sure about this one in all honesty.

Edit; actually, can you tell me what resolution you're on for reference? I don't have the spacing error on the same dropdown as you.
Piine
I can agree with the inconsistency. I can noticeably see them in most window-wed resolutions (and some full screen) given.
drum drum
Marking as confirmed (Low priority) for now ~
NeVMiku
Problem Details:

Change the resolution from widescreen to normal or vice versa. The dropdown list menu for the resolution's spacing will be messed up.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Widescreen to normal (stretched)

and normal to widescreen (squashed)

osu! version: 20141106.14 (latest)
TicClick
How to replicate:
- select any dropdown
- change resolution (not necessarily widescreen → standard)
- select the dropdown again
Piine
Well seeing you guys found replication steps, can you do something about this seeing this has been reported already
t/256333
TheVileOne
Merged.
Topic Starter
Granger
These recreation steps dont apply for me though, i've been on 1280x800 (borderless) since i have installed osu!, without ever changing it.
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by peppy:

Fix dropdowns displaying incorrectly after a resolution change.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141113cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
Topic Starter
Granger
Not fixed on my end. (b20141114cuttingedge)
NeVMiku
My steps are not to replicate the "one pixel too far down and two pixels too far to the right" problem that Granger mentions.

It is the selectable options itself. But I guess "Dropdown menu spacing is inconsistent." is true enough.
BanchoBot

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141117.6cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
BanchoBot

BanchoBot

- Marco -
looks like fixed to me
TicClick
I guess
Samui_old_1
Still not fixed for me, but the bug only appears occasionally.
TicClick
this is not fully resolved; after resolution change (high → low, at least), two very last dropdown items have a one pixel gap inbetween:

I suppose there's an overlap when it changes from low to high