forum

S3RL feat. Lexi - Genre Police (Radio Edit)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Birdy
Lol what. Officially supported beatmap by S3RL.

Mod incoming here:
tbh I can't now. The Normal needs WAY too much work and WAY too many adjustments to be rankable. I guess just ask a BAT about if it should be remapped completely.
Might take a look at Hard and Insane after school, though.
Topic Starter
Swash

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Lol what. Officially supported beatmap by S3RL.

Mod incoming here:
tbh I can't now. The Normal needs WAY too much work and WAY too many adjustments to be rankable. I guess just ask a BAT about if it should be remapped completely.
Might take a look at Hard and Insane after school, though.
Yeah, the normal is the biggest issue. I'm not too big on mapping Normals, and I guess he wasn't either. Though, it seems it needs to have a lot of work before the normal is qualified for ranking. I don't know any BAT though.
kaolo
The insane map is a great deal of fun, lmao.
good luck on getting it ranked.
Mariathemouse
thank u for making this beatmap, its very fun to play with my new wacom tablet that i got for my birthday! :)
princess meowzi
nice beatmap o/
Topic Starter
Swash

nielz wrote:

are you s3rl ?
I'm not S3RL, he doesn't have time really to play this game. I was entrusted to map his songs though, and I will be the guy Beatmapping his future songs. I'll try my best to make them all fun. I'm hoping to get a bit of help here and there to maybe even get them all ranked. Even if I have to drag a difficulty out and replace it.
Alianloh
will you map the song he made or just the future songs he will make
Topic Starter
Swash

Alianloh wrote:

will you map the song he made or just the future songs he will make
I won't map his previous songs, only the newer ones. First Genre Police, and every song after Genre Police. ;)
M A D
Do me a child, please.
GhostyToasty_old
This is great! keep doing this job you're doing fine :)
Miller52
La voglio Ranked, ora *-*
XenoWarrior
Nice work on the map!
Still some need for fixing up, but the progress so far is great.

Liking that insane map.
fham
I just looked at the normal map. I think the first thing you should change is setting circle size from 3 to 4, so it would be like the other maps of the set.

CS3 would fit an easy map better, in my opinion.

I also think slider velocity should be changed from 1.4 to 1.5. That implies tweaking all of them a little, so it demands some work, but right now I think the sliders are a little too slow.

These are just my ideas, I can make a diff to show them to you if you wish :)
Topic Starter
Swash

fham wrote:

I just looked at the normal map. I think the first thing you should change is setting circle size from 3 to 4, so it would be like the other maps of the set.

CS3 would fit an easy map better, in my opinion.

I also think slider velocity should be changed from 1.4 to 1.5. That implies tweaking all of them a little, so it demands some work, but right now I think the sliders are a little too slow.

These are just my ideas, I can make a diff to show them to you if you wish :)
I see many ways to make a normal, though I'll try changing it up a little to see how it works. Expect in update within the week. (:

-Want mod request please. (:
Buizie
I love this song! My friend showed me this and I got hooked up to this afterwards. Great job :D
This needs to be ranked x)
RaiinbowLexi
I have to play this map, too! :3 since i am the singer of Genre Police :3
Topic Starter
Swash

RaiinbowLexi wrote:

You have a beautiful voice then (: Great job. Hope you enjoy the map!
XenoWarrior

swash984 wrote:

RaiinbowLexi wrote:

You should check out the covers that Lexi did on her channel. They're so good.

Also, to keep this on topic, great map! XD
Circlesquare_old_1
Hey swash and the others! Just played the map and wanted to give some quick advice.

[Shroom's Normal]
00:31:125 (4) - Repeat sliders shouldn't repeat more than once, since normal players really likely will release after 1 repeat or panic.
There's a lot of them and I recommend changing them all, I won't list them all since you probably will find them yourself.

01:51:750 (1,2,1) - Remove overlap, confusing for new players.
01:53:250 (1,1,1) - ^
01:54:562 (1) - ^
03:00:562 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^

And what's up with the NC abuse? Don't overuse it please.

Otherwise the diff seems really fun for a normal, good job!

[Hard]
00:31:875-00:33:000 - Why leave sections like this unmapped? Hards don't need many breaks, and it makes complete sense
to also map parts like these.

Also, try to keep the combo's to under 10. Nearly 20 combos are really unusual for any difficulty, especially hard.

[Squigly's Insane]
00:51:000-00:56:812 - Please remap this part, the streams are super hard to time properly because
the music is completely different from the streams.

Can't see anything else critical from a quick glance. Good job. :)
Squigly

Modi wrote:

[Squigly's Insane]
00:51:000-00:56:812 - Please remap this part, the streams are super hard to time properly because
this is fine, it isnt that hard to time it if you can time it, and i would be very suprised if you cant and lower ranks can. its really not that hard
Circlesquare_old_1

Squigly wrote:

Modi wrote:

[Squigly's Insane]
this is fine, it isnt that hard to time it if you can time it, and i would be very suprised if you cant and lower ranks can. its really not that hard
Alright then, I just don't see any rhythm in the song that supports the streams, and I can't get full 300's in any of my playtroughs.
But if it's alright by others, I have no problem with it.
Okoratu

swash984 wrote:

RaiinbowLexi wrote:

Are you seriously wanting to rank this?

if yes, contact me when you see me online so we can talk about these difficulties, mapping, modding and that stuff in general.
Sakura
Chat Log
23:56 swash984: Hey, you're a BAT right?
23:56 Sakura: yes
23:57 Sakura: why?
23:57 swash984: Awesome, I'm mapping for S3RL, I have to map his songs before he releases them. Of course, I'm actually a bit newer to mapping, so I've never received proper criticism. Only "I like it."
23:58 swash984: I need 1: Some one I can trust with un-released songs to help tell me what could be done. 2: I need to know how well the other map I released is.
23:58 Sakura: this?
23:58 *Sakura is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/535108 S3RL feat. Lexi - Genre Police (Radio Edit)]
23:59 swash984: Yeah, that's my first one.
23:59 Sakura: Well the basics first
23:59 Sakura: Normal and Hard dont have a preview point
00:00 Sakura: Also you need to re-encode your mp3 to 192 kbps
00:01 swash984: What's the difference for the encoding? I receive the actual mp3 from S3RL :l
00:01 Sakura: that peppy doesnt want anything higher than 192 kbps distributed on osu! unless you own the actual rights to the song
00:02 swash984: I own the actual rights to the song...
00:02 Sakura: you mean you made it?
00:02 swash984: No, S3RL made it.
00:02 swash984: Though, I make these because he doesn't have time.
00:02 swash984: I pretty much work for him.
00:02 Sakura: and S3RL sold you the rights for it?
00:02 Sakura: hmm
00:02 swash984: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGtRLM9HYc See
00:03 Sakura: hmm
00:03 Sakura: you'd have to ask someone higher up if it's ok for you to use it, but you'd have to show proof, the safer bet would be to go with 192 kbps
00:03 Sakura: anyway
00:04 Sakura: the preview point is still something necessary you should use the same one squiggly is using
00:04 swash984: I've never made a preview point, so I didn't actualy know they existed.
00:04 Sakura: as in: PreviewTime: 85500
00:04 Sakura: this is the one squiggly is using
00:04 Sakura: tho it's your mapset so you can chose whichever and then squiggly has to follow you
00:04 Sakura: just go whichever part of the song you like and click on Timing then "Set current position as preview point"
00:05 swash984: I'll just use his.
00:06 Sakura: 01:15:187 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18) - This combo's a bit too long for a Hard
00:07 Sakura: tho since you work on music at least you got a good sense of rythm and when to use sliders and such
00:07 swash984: Actually this is my first time doing anything like this ever.
00:07 Sakura: 01:42:375 (2,4) - Hiding a slider below another slider is unrankable
00:09 Sakura: Your patterns in general seem very simple, but that's normal when you're a new mapper
00:09 Sakura: btw really nice song
00:10 Sakura: My main gripe is that your mapping seems like you can't decide if you're making a Hard or an Insane
00:10 Sakura: 00:16:125 (4,5) - jumps like these feel out of place
00:11 Sakura: 00:18:375 (2,3) - while jumps like this one are fine since it's for the pattern
00:11 swash984: Well I knew I was making a hard, I just.. try to add my own original feel at times.
00:11 Sakura: 00:24:000 (10) - new combo here for example
00:11 Sakura: 00:23:625 (9,10) - also this is a really awkward jump
00:12 Sakura: 00:31:875 (1,1) - This is a really awkward pause and the first note doesnt really need new combo if you're gonna make this pause to begin with
00:12 Sakura: otherwise just map the inbetween
00:13 Sakura: 00:51:000 (3,4) - 1/4 jumps aren't ok for a Hard even if it's a slider jump
00:13 Sakura: this is pretty much what i was referring to that it seems that your difficulty goes all over the place in terms of how hard it is
00:13 Sakura: 00:50:625 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - You should also break this combo
00:14 Sakura: 00:52:687 (7) - New combo here for example, 00:54:375 (11) - and here 00:55:687 (14) - here too
00:15 Sakura: 01:04:687 (7,8) - This kind of anti-jump is unintuitive
00:16 Sakura: 01:13:875 (7,8,9,10,11) - Yeah don't do this on a hard (the last one specially) this is good for something like an Extra (which is higher than Insane)
00:16 Sakura: 01:18:187 (10) - New combo here
00:17 Sakura: 01:23:062 (5,6) - Another awkward anti-jump
00:17 Sakura: Yeah, i think you might be better off at looking how Hard diffs feel and starting over from scratch
00:17 Sakura: it's gonna take a lot of work just to fix the difficulty spikes in this map
00:18 swash984: Looks like it will take a lot for ranked status, I'd have to probably re-map normal.
00:18 swash984: and cancel shroom's.
00:18 Sakura: yeah, but if you're willing to put in the effort you should do well
00:19 Sakura: just dont get disheartened when you have to remap
00:19 Sakura: it happens, specially for newer mappers
00:19 swash984: Ah, well I didn't do the normal so I'm not to disheartened. IT's just making a beatmap a month takes quite a lot of time. Since I try very hard on them.
00:20 Sakura: It's ok, at least you have a good grasp of the rythm of the song to put it into the map, it's just that your note placement goes haywire
00:21 Sakura: i'll take a quick look at the normal and see how that one looks
00:21 swash984: Don't. xD
00:22 Sakura: yeaaah no
00:22 Sakura: this is... pretty bad
00:22 Sakura: kudos for effort on the patterns tho
00:22 Sakura: xD
00:23 Sakura: to Shroom that is
00:23 swash984: He ain't cut out for normal. xD
00:23 Sakura: i'll check the Insane, but it's squigly probably wont be too bad
00:27 swash984: I'll do a lot more work on the hard, I believe I know what part would be very difficult.
00:27 Sakura: well squiggly's diff looks good at a quick glance
00:27 Sakura: but eh no time to fully mod it
tl;dr Hard and Normal need lots of work, probably should remap both i dont think much modding can fix the difficulty spiking across Hard without an overhaul.
Also use more hitsounds, fix preview points, and last but not least Squiggly diff is cool.
Frc
Genre police, we are here to tell, that your favourite song, belongs to someone else~

Pls get this ranked
Topic Starter
Swash

FrcV wrote:

Genre police, we are here to tell, that your favourite song, belongs to someone else~

Pls get this ranked
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Sure! :D
Piccolo_
Good jav :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.