forum

[resolved] Tablet issues with cursor movement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Froic
Problem Details:
when i use my tablet, sometimes an invisible barrier pops up where i can't get past it. the invisible barrier can extend up to half of my screen. i fix the problem by restarting my osu but from time to time it comes back. this is getting really annoying and is messing with my muscle memory :3

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/cE5Xm/43ab7d44fd.MOV

this is a video of my problem. I'm currently using a macbook air version 10.9.3
osu! version: 20141030.8 (latest)

plz help me Q_Q
KinkiN
your video is kinda vague, but try to disable raw input and set your mouse sensitivity to 1.0x ?
Topic Starter
Froic

Yuzuru wrote:

your video is kinda vague, but try to disable raw input and set your mouse sensitivity to 1.0x ?
worked! ty. what does raw input do btw?

and how do i change this post to solved xD
KinkiN
raw input can makes a tablet works like a mouse ( currently only supported by huion devices )

other than huion, you can't change the mouse sensitivity to play with the tablet

also a team member from support tech will mark this as resolved later on, you don't need to do anything :)
VeilStar
Actually no. Raw input simply does what it says.
It takes the raw input from a device and skips any software it would normally go trough (that includes windows).

Now the reason it doesn't work with most tablets is because they NEED software to work, they're not plug & play devices.

Raw input is mostly recommended because it gets rid of any potential acceleration or interpolation that causes inaccurate cursor movement in games.
(Well, as that's mostly caused by software, and not hardware.)
Topic Starter
Froic

VeilStar wrote:

Actually no. Raw input simply does what it says.
It takes the raw input from a device and skips any software it would normally go trough (that includes windows).

Now the reason it doesn't work with most tablets is because they NEED software to work, they're not plug & play devices.

Raw input is mostly recommended because it gets rid of any potential acceleration or interpolation that causes inaccurate cursor movement in games.
(Well, as that's mostly caused by software, and not hardware.)

so for tablet should i leave raw input on? or turn it off Q_Q. I'm confused xD