MLP + DT

posted
Total Posts
show more
cheezstik

RaneFire wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

U wot m8?

(Found at least another 3 further down in your list but I couldn't be fked making more screens)
Congratulations, you found 3 out of 2000+ scores (I'm sure there's more anyway from random plays and multi etc.)

Also, don't like =/= don't play. I just don't grind them for pp like other people do. Can't stand the music after 1 or 2 plays.

That 99.74% was done on my 2nd play where I pretty much SS'd the entire map and missed the last note. I don't retry for SS so that was a fluke. The only reason I even played symphonic love is because I watched cookiezi play the one map of the song so it brings back memories and I felt like playing it.
Yeah I know what you mean, I'm just messing around, dw m8. In fact, I can actually relate to you, I also don't grind anime TV sizes for pp unlike many others, 60% of my top ranks just happen to be DT TV sizes also due to coincidence / fluke.

Edit: Actually, out of curiosity, I actually took the time to count, more than 55% of my top ranks list is actually not anime music, technically, I'm actually not a TV size grinder :O
RaneFire

cheezstik wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm just messing around, dw m8. In fact, I can actually relate to you, I also don't grind anime TV sizes for pp unlike many others, 60% of my top ranks just happen to be DT TV sizes also due to coincidence / fluke.
gr8 np m8.

TV size just so imba that's why fluke plays make it into our top performances. /relevant

Varetyr wrote:

just HDHR all these DnB maps ♥
Gonna narrill it. Thanks.

Inb4 retarded aim skills.
Vuelo Eluko

chainpullz wrote:

If your top scores are DT scores on MLP maps, do you ever stop to hate yourself? I guess the same could be asked about maps like Koigokoro that seem to be absurdly overweighted. Is the pp worth selling your soul to the devil?
the highest pp on a pony map i have is only my 11th highest top rank
that makes me sad
silmarilen
i used to have 4 pony maps in my top10 performance (including the #1 spot)
some of them are actually kinda nice songs (glitch remix and flutterwonder for example)

before that i had 10 FL maps in my top performance

also hdhr on dnb maps is just as much pp farming as dting pony maps is.
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

also hdhr on dnb maps is just as much pp farming as dting pony maps is.
for the same reason though, the relatively low bpm compared to other hdhr maps just like pony map dt are relatively low bpm to other dt maps
silmarilen
moreso because they are mostly mapped to 1/2 beats with a couple of triples/bursts and a relatively low slider count. giving a ton of acc score for a map that isnt actually hard to acc.
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

moreso because they are mostly mapped to 1/2 beats with a couple of triples/bursts and a relatively low slider count. giving a ton of acc score for a map that isnt actually hard to acc.
I think animu shit is more of a culprit when it comes to triple spam
Synpoo
i get 100s on a lot of triples when i'm mashing my way through DT
Soulg

exozion wrote:

i get 100s on a lot of triples when i'm mashing my way through DT

exozion wrote:

mashing
found the reason
Synpoo
yeah that was the joke
sayonara_sekai
what, you dont like hit songs like "Raise this Barn" and "save the crystal ponies with their history"? amazing music, I listen to this shit all the time even outside of osu.

clop clop
cheezstik
I actually kinda like the sound of Flutterwonder and Equestria Girls tbh. Also, the fat kid in Princess of the Night gets me every time. (No brony, I swear!)
Illkryn
mlp lmao

edit: LMAO
Soulg

exozion wrote:

yeah that was the joke
pretty terrible joke
- Milhofo -
Sometimes I play harder songs for fun, sometimes I farm PP for fun (yes it's fun to have the sense of accomplishment), stop judging people.

Also, Princess of the Night is actually fun
Maus
Although this is shitposting I coulnd't agree more hahah
E m i
>be me
>hear that princess of the night is free pp
>play it once
>no ss because sliderbreak
>play the map 200 more times
>the highest i got was 97.70% acc
i seem to be unable to gain pp intentionally
Topic Starter
chainpullz

Maus wrote:

Although this is shitposting I coulnd't agree more hahah
I'm just manning up and saying what a lot of people are thinking... Plus there is indirect value to such a discussion.
byfar

chainpullz wrote:

You could start by ripping the hearts out of the 441 people ahead of you in rank idk. Seems faster than ripping souls out of starving African homeless orphans. Some of those orphans might gnaw your hand off in the process.
442, because cookiezi is #0 in our kokoro <3
nrl
good job
Soulg
in b4 lock
B1rd
only slightly worse than narrill's post
nrl
hue
Lance
AYYYY
lmao
ColdTooth
Suddenly, this turned off-topic

on-topic: I find mlp maps horrible

including mine *runs*
Ring Suzune
Someone give some chicken to Ranefire
Topic Starter
chainpullz
It's sad when even the person who has mapped one of these maps feels shame.
buny

[ Momiji ] wrote:

>be me
>hear that princess of the night is free pp
>play it once
>no ss because sliderbreak
>play the map 200 more times
>the highest i got was 97.70% acc
i seem to be unable to gain pp intentionally
>be me 10 years ago
>replying to emails
Dazdy_old
Am I the only one who plays pony maps because I like the songs and show? I can't even DT hard maps.
Vuelo Eluko

Dazdy wrote:

Am I the only one who plays pony maps because I like the songs and show? I can't even DT hard maps.
initially that was my reasoning too, now that ive learned theyre OP as fuk for PP im gonna go back to them and replace all the nomods i set like a year ago with bestmod plays.
tecu
Do you ever stop to hate yourself for being butt mad about other people's top ranks?

And have you considered they might be many people's top ranks precisely because they give too much pp? I like FCing maps and it's not my fault they give 50 more pp than they're supposed to. It's not like I'm going to not play a map because I've heard it gives way too much pp.
Karuta-_old_1

tecu wrote:

Do you ever stop to hate yourself for being butt mad about other people's top ranks?

And have you considered they might be many people's top ranks precisely because they give too much pp? I like FCing maps and it's not my fault they give 50 more pp than they're supposed to. It's not like I'm going to not play a map because I've heard it gives way too much pp.
Is this directed to the OP?

pp motivates you to play well, and by well I mean high accuracy to farm more pp
getting a 90% and 98% is a whole different matter when it comes to DT
Usually, you get better from farming DT. (well at least better at using DT)

With pp and more skills waiting ahead, I don't see anything wrong with me playing overweighted maps
And over time the pp given may correct itself again

The problem only comes after you have a habit of DT farming maps, you end up losing out in no-mods maps
Vuelo Eluko

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

The problem only comes after you have a habit of DT farming maps, you end up losing out in no-mods maps
it's not really about the habit, it's about it being harder and it taking longer to get faster than it is to get better at read patterns that are a little bit more complex but decently slower because it's an equivalent star difficulty nomod map.

it took me way longer to get good enough with DT to actually set scores, like way more practice than it did for nomod... the ar and the speed and the accuracy requirement is a lot harder to get used to. i probably have at least 20 and at most 50 C or nofail dt runs on every map in my dt collection dating back in the day.. very few modless maps have above even 10 local replays for me.

DT gets way too much flak, people prefer it because its funner which doesnt make it easier. had i not put like 80% of my plays into DT i'd probably have better scores than i have now seeing as even though only like 20% of my plays are modless, a lot of those scores really compete with my DT's
Karuta-_old_1

Riince wrote:

it's not really about the habit, it's about it being harder and it taking longer to get faster than it is to get better at read patterns that are a little bit more complex but decently slower because it's an equivalent star difficulty nomod map.
yes I agree that DT is not an easy mod to master and I suck very badly at it but not every map requires speed and precision, if you can single tap 200 bpm then you can do the same as my second top performance which is a map that gives easy pp
Topic Starter
chainpullz
There are a lot of dt maps that are just a bunch of singles and triples with no challenging patterns at very reasonable speeds that give way more pp than they should. Moreover, this is more about the 30 second MLP maps that most people play just because eventually you mash in synch just long enough to fc the map with high acc. All this despite (possibly) hating the song and MLP in general.
Vuelo Eluko
there are just as many if not more overrated nomod maps
B1rd

Riince wrote:

there are just as many if not more overrated nomod maps
I would say the opposite. DT maps are just makes easy maps faster, and therefore generally have easier patterns. They are also not as low AR.

I've looked at people profiles and I think already know most of the farm no-mod maps.
ColdTooth

chainpullz wrote:

I understand what you said, and I respect your honesty.

Yeah, I may have mapped like 2 of them (not including guest difficulties) that got ranked, it's just that they are overrated by bronies.

I'm not really considering myself a brony anymore, I just look at music, and art and say "oh that's cool". The only real reason why I map it is because some of the fan music sounded pretty nice to map on osu!, and I wanted to see more on osu!.

I don't want to start a flame war. Some people may think I'm a horrible person because I look like a brony. I don't even care.
Vuelo Eluko

ColdTooth wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

I understand what you said, and I respect your honesty.

Yeah, I may have mapped like 2 of them (not including guest difficulties) that got ranked, it's just that they are overrated by bronies.

I'm not really considering myself a brony anymore, I just look at music, and art and say "oh that's cool". The only real reason why I map it is because some of the fan music sounded pretty nice to map on osu!, and I wanted to see more on osu!.

I don't want to start a flame war. Some people may think I'm a horrible person because I look like a brony. I don't even care.
/)
ColdTooth

Riince wrote:

/)
what is this
show more