forum

[resolved] Problems with Beatmap Submission

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KamiJar
Problem Details:
Hi, over the past month or so when I try to update my map the beatmap submission system will be stuck on "distributing to global network." I figured it would fix over the course of a day but that hasn't been the case. Although it will update on the maps page it won't in the thread as I'm unable to press submit. All I really wanted to do was update the text on the beatmap listing (along with adding the new difficulties of course), but I can't because of the "distributing to global network" error.

Also I must have done something else stupid recently because now I'm getting a message saying "Unable to write file Songs\55096 1_EnV---Shinto\Envy - Shinto (KamiJar) [Hard].osu" which I guess just means it's unable to overwrite the map in the songs folder.

If anyone could help me resolve these problems that would be great.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141031.2cuttingedge

btw sorry if there's already a thread for this.
TheVileOne
This usually means there is a routing issue somewhere. If I'm not mistaken it is the part of the process where the files are distributed to the network, so the at some point in between the file stream is getting interrupted. peppy and a few admins are the only ones that would know enough about this to help you. Might be good if you sent an email to osu@ppy.sh with your issue.
Topic Starter
KamiJar
I was able to fix the second problem easily which was just a mistake I made by changing the properties of the osu! folder. If I don't get any other responses I will send an email like you said TheVileOne.
Topic Starter
KamiJar
Haven't found a solution to this problem yet and it hasn't fixed by itself like it usually would. The osu! support team wasn't of any help when I emailed them since they basically told me to do what I've been doing and pray that it works one day. I've had this problem for the past 3-4 months I don't think it's just gonna randomly fix by itself.
TheVileOne

You should be getting slightly different results this time around.
Topic Starter
KamiJar
I'll test it out hopefully it works. Oh btw this is kind of unrelated but when I'm the cuttingedge test build and I'm updating the map it keeps on trying to delete the background image for my map.

Scratch that last part. nvm
- Marco -

TheVileOne wrote:

Current / known issues

1. Editor doesn't save background / deletes background.
Known ;)
drum drum
And it's also been fixed