forum

What to do against nervousness during a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sancteria
Hey guys, I screw up a bit since new, FCing maps and I always thought it´s all about aim, but I just catched out myself how I become nervous after having a good accuracy and a high combo.

I had it 2 months ago, so I just turned off the whole HUD, or interface how you ever wanna call it :D

It worked but now it´s back even with no information about my current accuracy or combo cause I just know I am near to the end of the map and if I will FC it, I will get a shit load of PP for it, so what happens, you start to become nervous, struggle around, your pen/mouse hand starts to shiver and you fail a circle.

So I wanted to ask you, how do you manage to keep calm and just end the map even if you are in a crazy great situation?

Would be nice if some of you have an answer, a lot of players, especially beginners do have that problem as well :P
Synpoo
drink water
chainpullz
Drink water, take a short break, calm yourself down, and try again. You probably won't do as well after this break but that just means you weren't meant to get that good score to begin with. A few weeks later you'll come back to that song and wonder why you were ever struggling with it to begin with (assuming you play on a daily basis for a reasonable amount of time; otherwise, don't expect to keep improving at a fast rate).
Rewben2
Well if I get nervous during a map it means I'm setting a score, as soon as I screw up or get the score the nervousness will go away. I can't do anything about the nervousness while I'm playing though, but it seems to not be too detrimental to my play so w/e.
Green Platinum
I played a tonne of multiplayer, In some situations coming first is comparable to setting a new top score not to mention I have set pp gaining score due to it. With spending alot of time only having one chance to succeed I found I rarely get nervous playing anymore
Synpoo
everybody in multiplayer is a god at this game i swear
chainpullz

Green Platinum wrote:

I played a tonne of multiplayer, In some situations coming first is comparable to setting a new top score not to mention I have set pp gaining score due to it. With spending alot of time only having one chance to succeed I found I rarely get nervous playing anymore
Like when you are trying to show off by playing HR and you almost fc the map by happenstance and then cry when you realize how much pp it would have been worth if it were A) a fc and B) not shitty accuracy? Happens to me every once in a while.
Athrun

exozion wrote:

everybody in multiplayer is a god at this game i swear
^
l
l
l
l

True Fact right here.

And yeah, multiplayer keeps me calm.
RaneFire
Pass off nervousness as a flawed human genetic mutation. Ignore it.

Stop caring. Acquire poker face.

FC freedom dive... say "meh".
Saphirshroom

RaneFire wrote:

I wanna see you running from a wolf without Adrenaline.
Vuelo Eluko

Saphirshroom wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

the average fit male human would kill a single wolf in a straight up fight if he had half a clue what to do, albeit with difficulty and not without injury.

running is probably the worst way to deal with that situation
Saphirshroom

Riince wrote:

the average fit male human would kill a single wolf in a straight up fight if he had half a clue what to do, albeit with difficulty and not without injury.

running is probably the worst way to deal with that situation
Very true but I wanna see you fighting a wolf without Adrenaline.
I realize that nervousness in gaming is (almost) completely pointless.
RaneFire
You will typically play games with a moderate amount of adrenaline anyway, but there are other chemicals involved too. How else do you play games until 6am in the morning, and then as soon as you step away from the computer to get ready for school, you realise you're tired as shit.

There's a fine line between release of adrenaline and being nervous.
dung eater
Doing physical exercise should make you less nervous.
GoldenWolf

Saphirshroom wrote:

I won't bite I promise.
Heterozygous_old
If you're taking soft drinks instead of water, then you don't wanna drink a lot of coke or coffee, they're gonna make you sort of "unstable".
Tea, on the other hand, can calm you down.
Ananda

Heterozygous wrote:

Tea, on the other hand, can calm you down.
I like to drink Tea every day to calm down. it's very healthy
Vuelo Eluko
nervousness is definitely counterproductive though. rrtyui has mastered himself and is totally calm at all times, and look how far he got from it. Too bad there's no shortcut to getting to that point except FC a bullshitload of things that are hard for you
ZenithPhantasm
Take GABA
Topic Starter
Sancteria
thanks for the reply guys, yeah just listening to good music while drinking tea worked for me very well, but I think I forgot that osu is all about fun and not farming PP and becoming better in the rank.

You just screw up if you take games too seriously :D
show more