forum

HR to improve AIM suitable?

posted
Total Posts
show more
otoed1
If you want to practice aim, take the 5 star maps you play, edit them to have 1 higher cs and profit. Same with acc and ar, although ar can screw maps up if the change is to significant. I.e. making a ar7 map ar 10 map will make patterns very weird and awful.
chainpullz

otoed1 wrote:

If you want to practice aim, take the 5 star maps you play, edit them to have 1 higher cs and profit. Same with acc and ar, although ar can screw maps up if the change is to significant. I.e. making a ar7 map ar 10 map will make patterns very weird and awful.
Editing to a different approach rate will just hurt your reading in the end unless you are specifically trying to learn an AR where the maps of that AR are too difficult for you. If you are trying to learn AR10 you might as well just use hardrock. Most of the AR10 maps you would want to play either need HR to be AR10 or will benefit from the more rigorous training that HR requires. This is also the case for AR10.3 since most AR10.3 maps aren't suitable for initially learning the AR. Any other AR has plenty of maps to practice and there is much value to being able to play AR8 and such which tends to have much higher note density.
kevpwns
HR is great for improving accuracy. It could help your aim too but I feel that playing too much HR ruins my ar 9 reading ability
[-Cloud-]
It does, if you don't play some AR9 between your HR sessions, yes.
Topic Starter
Sancteria
I figured out that my aim seems to be pretty good, I get high accuracy even in the jump training maps, but I need to practice very fast jumps even more, I figured out another extreme probleme some of us do have, maybe I gonna open another topic for that cause even new players might have that problem.
chainpullz

Sancteria wrote:

I figured out that my aim seems to be pretty good, I get high accuracy even in the jump training maps, but I need to practice very fast jumps even more, I figured out another extreme probleme some of us do have, maybe I gonna open another topic for that cause even new players might have that problem.
TL;DR It was your inability to read fast/complex patterns that was causing misses and not actually your aim. Glad we came to this realization.
Topic Starter
Sancteria
no I don´t get confused by difficult patterns, it´s a little bit different.

Nvm, I just created a CS5 training map to all my maps I usually play and didn´t fc yet, after I practiced a bit with these, I played the usual map, and I get dramatically better scores, it does work freaking great, the problem is, in the editor, it says it´s the latest ranked map, but I don´t get any PP for the UNMODOFIED map, does it mean that I have to clone the whole folder so I can still get PP for the unmodified map and still can practice with CS5 modified maps?
Topic Starter
Sancteria
ok, it´s a little bit strange, after finishing the map, it doesn´t say that I got any PP, but after 5 minutes I get the PP and the user page also says that I got more PP...seems laggy but still working so I can keep it :D

Wouldn´t it be better to set my "training maps" to CS6 to get even better results?
buny

chainpullz wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

Editing to a different approach rate will just hurt your reading in the end unless you are specifically trying to learn an AR where the maps of that AR are too difficult for you. If you are trying to learn AR10 you might as well just use hardrock. Most of the AR10 maps you would want to play either need HR to be AR10 or will benefit from the more rigorous training that HR requires. This is also the case for AR10.3 since most AR10.3 maps aren't suitable for initially learning the AR. Any other AR has plenty of maps to practice and there is much value to being able to play AR8 and such which tends to have much higher note density.
I've been playing AR11 exclusively for 3-4 weeks now, and I can still do a lot of maps with EZ mod

stop talking shit unless you've actually tried it. You don't just suddenly forget something you've already learned otherwise you never learned it in the first place. It's tiring seeing 5 digit ranks telling others that learning higher ar is detrimental to lower ar reading.
nooblet

Also, yes HR will improve your aim. It'll also improve your accuracy, 'cuz it won't let you pass most maps without a 95% on OD 9.8+ ... drain is too op ...
buny
square area best area
nooblet

buny wrote:

square area best area
Dungeon uses square too!

buny
I always imagine people that use square areas, use oblongs as hitcircles
winber1
i always imagined girls to be 2d in real life
cheezstik
Just imagine that out there somewhere is a parallel universe where they use circle tablet areas and square hitcircles hitsquares.
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

i always imagined girls to be 2d in real life
wait, they're not?
thelewa
HR works the same with improving your aim as just simply playing maps that have small circles does

it's probably vastly preferable to just go to the editor and make the circles smaller while keeping the AR at 9 or lower, because then you can focus more on actually practicing aim instead of trying to react at an AR that you probably can't play yet

idk
RaneFire

thelewa wrote:

it's probably vastly preferable to just go to the editor and make the circles smaller while keeping the AR at 9 or lower, because then you can focus more on actually practicing aim instead of trying to react at an AR that you probably can't play yet

idk
I still practice this way personally and all I can say is that developing aim precision specifically is about as slow as improving stream speed or stamina, but it does work to an extent. I suspect that may be because it has to do with reading - like being able to tell how precise you were and why/where you miss etc. So while I wouldn't discount what you're saying, I would omit the word "vastly" since it is still a slow process.
chainpullz
It's vastly preferable to trying to learn AR10, OD10, and practicing aim all at once if your goal is merely to improve your aim. Learning to properly read AR10 takes a long time and if your accuracy isn't good enough you will accrue misses due to bad timing instead of merely bad aim. Since the first step to improving aim is to identify when and why you miss aimed a note it is ideal if all misses were simply due to bad aim.
Karuta-_old_1
For hr, I would pick maps that doesn't make the cs size too small 5.2 and lower (with low bpm < 170)

And also you can improve aim finishing a beatmap with higher accuracy

Being able to play ar10 and having good aim are really different things but training hr does play off in the end, but you need to experiment yourself which songs are hr-able

There is also the problem of drain, so you probably need to turn no-fail until you get a decent accuracy (at least higher than 90%)

Don't take my advice seriously, as I don't have a single beatmap with hr on my top plays
Topic Starter
Sancteria
thanks for all of your opinions guys, I just did like master lewa said, as I want to improve not all stuff at once, just step by step.

Well, I started to play 5 star maps and I got some A-Ranks there but I don´t think that I am rdy for AR10, so rather improving my aim with edited maps to focus the AIM :)
Topic Starter
Sancteria
oh my gosh xD

I warmed up myself by playing my "CS5 training" maps, normal maps from a difficulty of 4,5-5,5 stars modified to CS5, played an hour...and thought hey let´s look if that little bit improved myself.

So I played a map I try to FC for a week now, and it was like "how to miss a circle?" got instant FC with 99,16% and some PP :D

Guys try that out with the CS5 training it works like a charm
kevpwns
Just make sure if you decide to train HR that you switch back to ar 9 as well. Otherwise you'll be like me and be total shit at anything other than HR or DT. Hue
chainpullz

kevpwns wrote:

Just make sure if you decide to train HR that you switch back to ar 9 as well. Otherwise you'll be like me and be total shit at anything other than HR or DT. Hue
Do you even play HR...? Maybe your problem isn't that you can't play anything but HR/DT; rather, that you have such shitty precision the only thing you can get good accuracy on is maps that allow for ridiculously high unstable rates.
kevpwns

chainpullz wrote:

kevpwns wrote:

Do you even play HR...? Maybe your problem isn't that you can't play anything but HR/DT; rather, that you have such shitty precision the only thing you can get good accuracy on is maps that allow for ridiculously high unstable rates.
If I play HR why would my unstable rate be shitty? What I'm saying is that it ruins my ability to read at 9 so much that it feels too slow for me to play. So whenever I play ar9 I will go too fast