forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Mappool Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
alice soft
Really nice maps&tracks in quarter-finals mappool, gj Glad & ToG.

Slight jynx for the teams but hoping we'll get to see the tiebreaker at least once.
fartownik
Great mappool. It's only a shame Hiroari is not a freemod, but I can let it slide. Good job.
silmarilen

[Toy] wrote:

Geez louise poppy cheese what are the next few mappools going to look like after that spike in difficulty
it's not really a spike, about the same increase as last round. but you're right. i hope we get to see a final full of 6+ stars
buny
love this weeks pool
Athrun
Really good mappool for Quarter Finals.

- Homework Crisis! And the jump version \:D/
- T_T Kanshou no Matenrou is tiebreaker. I look forward to seeing that
ToGlette
Where is the little girl count XD?
Topic Starter
Loctav

Thanks to Mercurius for this. This should avoid further confusion about who plays which Mappool.
Cherry Blossom
The difficulty gap between this mappol and Round of 16 is quite large D: but it is nice, these maps are challenging, especially Nomod maps.
Now it is more "combo-holding".
kuur0

Cherry Blossom wrote:

The difficulty gap between this mappol and Round of 16 is quite large D: but it is nice, these maps are challenging, especially Nomod maps.
Now it is more "combo-holding".
spammers territory \o/
JappyBabes

Loctav wrote:

Thanks to Mercurius for this. This should avoid further confusion about who plays which Mappool.
So you maintain a 2:1 ratio (losers:winners) correctly for a double elim tournament then after WF and LF you say fuck it and use the same pool for GF. ???

edit: actually the picture just looks wrong. the equivalent of winners QF are the first two on the bottom side so it should be QF QF SF SF F F for the bottom of that pic
fartownik

Loctav wrote:

IMO the tournament would use another mappool solely for the Final and 3rd Place match. Currently the Final mappool will be overplayed by the finalist coming out of Loser's Bracket (if that team is not the loser of Winner's Bracket final, but that also is a problem -> see next sentence). Also, there's a high chance the main Final will be the same as the final of the Winner's Bracket and it would be kinda weird to see the exact same match played with the exact same mappool, but a week later.
ToGlette

fartownik wrote:

Loctav wrote:

IMO the tournament would use another mappool solely for the Final and 3rd Place match. Currently the Final mappool will be overplayed by the finalist coming out of Loser's Bracket (if that team is not the loser of Winner's Bracket final, but that also is a problem -> see next sentence). Also, there's a high chance the main Final will be the same as the final of the Winner's Bracket and it would be kinda weird to see the exact same match played with the exact same mappool, but a week later.
How about we let players or viewers vote their favorite maps in respective mods and make an all-star mappool? Well diff curve might go in a mess though :o
fartownik

ToGlette wrote:

How about we let players or viewers vote their favorite maps in respective mods and make an all-star mappool? Well diff curve might go in a mess though :o
Don't think that'd be a good idea. Mappools for the finals should be picked with special care and doing some kind of vote would cause a lot of additional randomness.
pooptartsonas
Third place match isn't necessary in double elimination brackets, is it..?
Topic Starter
Loctav
third place match is actually the loser brackets finals. sorta.
Gigo
So... whoever team gets third place will be pronounced "champion of losers"?
Luna
No, since the loser of the Loser's Finals gets 3rd place.
The winner moves on to Grand Finals with a 1 set handicap.
buny

Luna wrote:

No, since the loser of the Loser's Finals gets 3rd place.
The winner moves on to Grand Finals with a 1 set handicap.
loser of the loser bracket has a nice ring to it then
Omgforz
double negative is positive, right? so he's basically a winner
winber1
someone sub me in so i can play my on map pls
-Soba-
/me subs out for winber
Woobowiz

-Soba- wrote:

/me subs out for winber
Or you could secretly invite winber over and on person taps while the other aims :O

Be sure to do a ceremonial fusion dance before each round too.
-Soba-

Woobowiz wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

/me subs out for winber
Or you could secretly invite winber over and on person taps while the other aims :O

Be sure to do a ceremonial fusion dance before each round too.
But then we'd be unstoppable. I want a fair competition
Garpo
Waiting for the next map pool... Can't wait to see the maps
silmarilen
luxion pls
ToGlette

silmarilen wrote:

luxion pls
;w;
Listen
If anybody wants to like give me a month of supporter that would be cool :D :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-) :? :? :? :?
Daborgia
Omg first 10.3 Ar pick...This will be interesting^^
Chocorock

Sichurin wrote:

Omg first 10.3 Ar pick...This will be interesting^^
ar 10.3 hype \o/
Topic Starter
Loctav
Mappool is out (too late, lol)
Athrun
Interesting Map pool...

- Never expected the Soundholic Airman and Rave Up Tonight to be in this list actually...
- That 2nd Hoshizora no Ima song...
- Installation being tiebreaker T_T what.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Added mappack
Cherry Blossom

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Installation is overrated, this map is quite easy, but it contains some "peaks" which can be surprising for players.

Wow, 2 maps from me, i didn't expect that ;w; /me cries
- Minamichita EVOLVED, rip, last stream is hard to handle with HR :o
- Her majesty has already been picked, it was 2 years ago if i remember, Azul too.
- These nomod maps are DANGEROUS !!!! GOOD LUCK ! :D
Chocorock
Another Foreground Eclipse song! Yay \o/.
Interesting to see it in HR
Bauxe
Wow really nice / difficult looking pool. And finally some 10.3.

Koigokoro though? Should have been an earlier pick I think.
Nwolf

Cherry Blossom wrote:

- Her majesty has already been picked, it was 2 years ago if i remember, Azul too.
Was done on purpose, also Arc was in OWC already too
VnSoul

Nwolf wrote:

Does it matter? There is not such a rule that says that you are not allowed to pick maps of previous World Cups... and btw amazing mappol great job there ToGlette and GladiOol
GladiOol

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Interesting Map pool...

- Never expected the Soundholic Airman and Rave Up Tonight to be in this list actually...
- That 2nd Hoshizora no Ima song...
Nwolf

VnSoul wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

Does it matter? There is not such a rule that says that you are not allowed to pick maps of previous World Cups... and btw amazing mappol great job there ToGlette and GladiOol
when did I say that they are not allowed to do so, I even supported that some pages ago
buny
i wonder how hard gf is gonna be?
show more