forum

[resolved] [confirmed] [web] Restricted users can still edit wiki

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Repflez
Problem Details:
The check for restricted users on the wiki is at login so users that are restricted and logged in at the wiki can still edit any article. Proper action is to change wiki cokies so all users are logged out (a minor thing since everyone who's not restricted can login again)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
SPOILER

Edit was made at https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/RU:OWC_2014 and reverted a few minutes later
Piine
-sighs- People can't be logical and just give up
TicClick
I doubt it's retroactive, hence their ability to make edits. Just my assumption, though.
Topic Starter
Repflez

TicClick wrote:

I doubt it's retroactive, hence their ability to make edits. Just my assumption, though.
The "is this user restricted?" check is only done when someone logs on the wiki. If a restricted user is logged out from the wiki and logins again, they can't since the check returns no user to check if it exists. It should be retroactive. In the case that users bypass that, blocking should be done at those users but probably peppy wants to report those cases at admins so they could be dealt with.
TicClick
confirmed, I guess
would be cool to sign users out of the wiki as soon as they receive an infringement
Kurokami
I'm just wondering since I know nothing but this means if I get silenced here I can't edit the wiki as well? o.o
Topic Starter
Repflez

Kurokami wrote:

I'm just wondering since I know nothing but this means if I get silenced here I can't edit the wiki as well? o.o
From what I get is for banned users of that have their account in restricted mode. I don't know if peppy made if work for silenced users too (the user_warnings thing could mean anything).
Kurokami
Actually since you can't post here if you are silenced it would be somehow nice if a silenced user will be unable to edit wiki as well. Of course just if its not added already. But this is not Feature Request so...
Zallius
Keep in mind here that users that are restricted are in active communication with the game support team to regain access to their account.

Editing the Wiki will simply void their chances for any appeal, just as would any other continual offense. It's really not in their best interest and in the short term (until process changes), users who offend while restricted will find that our staff will permanently cease communication.
Nathanael
Moving this to low priority for now.