forum

New Intuos Drivers[input lag reduction]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount
I'm not too sure if this has already been mentioned, but new drivers for Wacom Intuos tablets have been released recently.

http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/

It reduces a significant amount of input lag, and *should* make your movements more responsive.
I found however that since I played with the aforementioned input lag for the whole time I played tablet, I now move waaay earlier when trying to click circles with this driver and my aim has gone to absolute shit.

Try it.
Bauxe
Its the best fucking thing to ever happen.
Green Platinum
I forgot these were released.
I don't really play anymore but might be worth trying
Dexus
no patch notes? how do you know it's not a placebo?
Bauxe

Dexus wrote:

no patch notes? how do you know it's not a placebo?
There is most certainly a reduced input latency. I can 100% guarantee that. Although I believe it wasn't from the most recent driver, rather, from a month or so ago.
ilipad
Can confirm. I'm not a regular tablet player but before I always notice some input lag compared to playing with my mouse. Just updated my driver and I noticed a significant reduction in input lag. This is awesome, gonna start using my tablet more often!
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount
Oh, you think the tablet is your ally, but you merely adopted the input lag. I was born in it, molded by it.

No but seriously, how does this reduced latency compare Wacom tablets to other brands?
winber1
not cookiezi, must be lag
RaneFire
Do previous generation tablets have this input lag?

Maybe someone with both could compare?
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount

RaneFire wrote:

Do previous generation tablets have this input lag?

Maybe someone with both could compare?
I can definitely compare the previous and current drivers; the most recent update has so much less input latency that my brain moves the cursor too early and I miss star and square patterns/jumps now.

I assume once everything adjusts that overall speed will increase, but its like relearning muscle memory.
Rewben2

Philantropist wrote:

I can definitely compare the previous and current drivers; the most recent update has so much less input latency that my brain moves the cursor too early and I miss star and square patterns/jumps now.

I assume once everything adjusts that overall speed will increase, but its like relearning muscle memory.
Mhm, I've read similar things on Azer's ask, people missing notes because of the difference in input latency.
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount

Rewben2 wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Mhm, I've read similar things on Azer's ask, people missing notes because of the difference in input latency.
Yeah, that definitely seems to be the case. Anyone else using this driver update? I might reverse it, I can't seem to play very well with it.
Rewben2

Philantropist wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Yeah, that definitely seems to be the case. Anyone else using this driver update? I might reverse it, I can't seem to play very well with it.
I can't use them because I don't have an intuos but I would definitely stick with the new drivers, it will be better in the long run.
Synpoo
updating my drivers now and will leave feedback

edit: i like it
Purple
Feels like decreasing area/sensitivity, yet not really

Really wished I had saved my old tablet settings, I had to do a clean install and I'm not sure if my new settings are messed up
A Little Moose
I don't like it :V Wish I saved my old settings. e.e
Synpoo
it gave me the ability to play DT
nrl
Hmm. Is this a general input lag reduction, or is it specific to a particular windows version? And has a similar update been released for the (now discontinued but hopefully not unsupported) Bamboo line? I'd hate to miss out on something like this.
RaneFire

Narrill wrote:

And has a similar update been released for the (now discontinued but hopefully not unsupported) Bamboo line? I'd hate to miss out on something like this.
According to their site, no. The old bamboo line uses driver 5.x.x, while the new intuos uses 6.x.x, which was updated a month ago, but 5.3.3 is the latest driver for the bamboo as of January.

This was also my speculation, that this might be specific to the new intuos only, or something that was introduced only with the new driver and now fixed, or, as you said, windows.
Drezi
The update feels like turning off Aero again. Will take time to get used to but I like it.