forum

The best thing about Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BaseFook
I just went over 100k place mark (WOHOO!) and i just wanted to share whats the best I think osu! has to offer.

The moment you beat song WAY better than last time and the tense to keep combo up it's just good.
Also the "backtracking" that takes no time is also why I like Osu!
But the biggest thing I like is that it's completely up to you how you perform, no randomness, no AI, no other players, just you tablet(our mouse), keyboard and Osu!

I kinda don't know why i'm writing this but I don't have anything else to do so..
Also i want to ask where can i find latest "best beatmaps" because i just downloaded 1k beatmaps and like 20 was good so yeah.
El Koko
you can sort them by rating and plays and other things here: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist

But the biggest thing I like is that it's completely up to you how you perform, no randomness, no AI, no other players, just you tablet(our mouse), keyboard and Osu!
this reminds me i kind of continued playing this and uninstalled league because of this. no need for teammates, just me being bad.
otoed1
If you're looking for maps, just download them all through the torrent of the forums. Then you can just search by difficulty. You'll also find that most of the lower difficulty maps are worse than the higher ones because they were more commonly made.
Green Platinum
The best maps are often unranked maps but their difficulty is likely too hard for you.

Usually if want good maps your best off playing multiplayer in Hard or higher lobbies (Since normal is generally Tear rain, Pikagirl, Guren no yumrya, Big black and river flows in you spam) Atleast higher lobbies people pick songs they have tried themselves and enjoyed
dung eater
Download 30k more and you'll maybe find 600 more good maps.
Dreamcast

Green Platinum wrote:

The best maps are often unranked maps but their difficulty is likely too hard for you.

Usually if want good maps your best off playing multiplayer in Hard or higher lobbies (Since normal is generally Tear rain, Pikagirl, Guren no yumrya, Big black and river flows in you spam) Atleast higher lobbies people pick songs they have tried themselves and enjoyed
Actually the best maps in this game are not allowed to be downloaded.

I do agree that being aware of your own improvement at handling rhythm is the best thing about the game!
buny

Green Platinum wrote:

but they are good maps?
What sort of logic is it where the more popular a map is, the less enjoyable it can be?

anyways, the best thing of osu is that it's very straight forward. Literally mindless dot clicking
chainpullz
Best way to find good maps is to search the maps by your favorite mapper and download all of them (even the graveyarded ones).
Green Platinum

buny wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

but they are good maps?
What sort of logic is it where the more popular a map is, the less enjoyable it can be?

anyways, the best thing of osu is that it's very straight forward. Literally mindless dot clicking
All I'll say is the novelty of those maps have worn off on me to such an extent that all I see is mediocrity.
We could have a discussion about what makes a good map but all I see occurring is argumentative opinionated drivel since it is entirely up to personal opinion.
Theoretically we could find a person who enjoys mistimed maps.
AdamMZ
When I see your performance stats, I think you should play the same song but with harder difficulties. Like, instead of normal, you go practice playing hard. (I think if you almost reach to 50k, you should start playing beatmaps with 3 to 4 stars)

Edit: The best beatmap is... who cares about beatmaps? Just go get some more pp! :P Play more ranked beatmaps.

I don't know what's the best beatmaps in my opinion. Before I started to think about getting more pp, I go search electronic music stuff and no J-music.
Vuelo Eluko

AdamMZ wrote:

who cares about beatmaps? Just go get some more pp!
derp