forum

Switch from mechanical to laptop keyboard=stream good

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
Ok.... so a bit of history...

first keyboard was a normal one, not mechanical but the keyboard (how do I explain) the keys when you push them go way further down then on the laptop. As in the distance that your finger pushes down is much further.
I then switched to mechanical hoping that I could stream better because I couldnt even do 165bpm well...
After buying red switches my streaming ability improved to around 180 ish but I was not at all consistent and I for sure could not stream accurately.

I then went to uni and left my computer/osu related things at home.. I now play on my laptop using a mouse (for the first time).

I have noticed that within the first week just by practise my streaming ability went from 155-180 and today I am able to comfortably do long 180 streams, and depending on how easy the streams are (are they spaced etc) I can go up to 210 if I get my fingers positioned right...

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is? I never thought switching to a laptop keyboard would be the reason as to why I stream so much better. the only deduction I can make is that I dont have to push the keys very far down, unlike in USB keyboards (either mechanical or not).

My final question would be, (having only used red mechnical keys, obviously my play style doesnt suit it) what (if any) mechanical keys would suite me best? At this point im obviously sticking with the laptop keys though.
I Give Up
Scissor switch don't work for me. I need that 4mm depth otherwise it just feels weird.

If you're really asking others' what switch to try next, I have to say black. I'm totally not biased or anything. You might also try visiting your local tech store and try out some of the mech keyboards if they have any.
Evanescent-
I used to use scissor switch though for like 6 months and I started using reds quite a few weeks..can't really do slow streams though (Well not all)
Topic Starter
Sylveon
so its called 'scissor switch' (laptop keyboard)
f i z i k
most likely placebo,since you cleared your mind of any expectations before starting to play on your laptop,meaning that you just played so you could overcome a mental block (I'll just assume streaming is one for you). On the other hand,you need to try out switches if they fit you. I tried all the switches and I am the worst with reds,simply because I am too clumsy with my fingers lol. Anyways,your fingers do more of the streaming than your keyboard does,so just stop finding reasons and keep playing :)
Noobsicle
sounds like you're bottoming out hard on your reds

learn to tap quicker/lighter, not harder
Almost
Reds don't make you stream more consistently. They only increase the duration you can stream for.
GoldenWolf

f i z i k wrote:

most likely placebo,since you cleared your mind of any expectations before starting to play on your laptop,meaning that you just played so you could overcome a mental block (I'll just assume streaming is one for you). On the other hand,you need to try out switches if they fit you. I tried all the switches and I am the worst with reds,simply because I am too clumsy with my fingers lol. Anyways,your fingers do more of the streaming than your keyboard does,so just stop finding reasons and keep playing :)
^this so much
chainpullz

GoldenWolf wrote:

f i z i k wrote:

^this so much
Isn't this basically every thread in G&R though?
GoldenWolf
Isn't every G&R thread that ask for help the same though?
Green Platinum
I think with 10 stickies the entire G&R forum could be made entirely redundant. That is assuming people actually read them lol
buny
Then play on a laptop keyboard.

There is no reason to ask "why" you stream faster if you just do. They both have the exact same purpose