forum

[invalid] Disable welcome delay if welcome sounds disabled?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
show more
Topic Starter
khazhyk
The game takes ~3 seconds to start, and then ~2 seconds at the welcome screen. As I said, it's a minor annoyance, but it just seems like an unnecessary pause if you aren't actually using the welcome sound.
Bara-

Bauxe wrote:

Its a fucking 2 second intro, when the game alone takes like 5-10 (if not more) seconds to open. Why are people so impatient?
This

For me the loading takes 20 sec, so those 2 sec, IDGAF

Also, t/254359 is really similar
Actually, it's the same with some small adaptations
Redon

baraatje123 wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Its a fucking 2 second intro, when the game alone takes like 5-10 (if not more) seconds to open. Why are people so impatient?
This

For me the loading takes 20 sec, so those 2 sec, IDGAF
Not everyone plays on a toaster
Red Fence
When asked this question:

I would like it to change too.
(I know for sure something like this happened before but I can't remember what it's about.)
IA42
haha this thing would be great for non-supporter user who cannot change the sound because when the update for welcome thing has been released my little sis just opened osu! (i juts installed osu! in my dad PC so my sister cannot using my PC again for play osu!) then the update complete and she shocked and said "Whoaaaah!!! a cool stuff Hey!!! nee-chan the osu! have a cool options now but they have a sounds like a ghost sounds to when i open it it's said (Welcome to oshhh)" and then i can't stop laughing when i heard osu! welcome screen :D
Dradow
My game loads pretty much instantly (not many beatmaps, SSD) so the 2 seconds is pretty significant for me. Especially since I have a habit of opening and closing osu very often.
Bauxe

Dradow wrote:

My game loads pretty much instantly (not many beatmaps, SSD) so the 2 seconds is pretty significant for me. Especially since I have a habit of opening and closing osu very often.
Still opens faster than pretty much any other game out there.
Bara-
Wow
2 seconds
How much is 2 seconds?
1/30 minute
1/1800 hour
1/43200 day
1/302400 week
+- 1/1296000 month
1/15768000 year
Yeah
We need it so much, it takes up to much time
If you want/need more time, sleep less
But also, this'll make you look like an addict, so it's better that you'll not do that
So... IMHO We do NOT need it
silmarilen
why does it still play the welcome sound even when i have the interface voices disabled?
Deimos

baraatje123 wrote:

Wow
2 seconds
How much is 2 seconds?
1/30 minute
1/1800 hour
1/43200 day
1/302400 week
+- 1/1296000 month
1/15768000 year
Yeah
We need it so much, it takes up to much time
If you want/need more time, sleep less
But also, this'll make you look like an addict, so it's better that you'll not do that
Please talk for yourself. YOU don't need it.
I would like it.
Bara-

baraatje123 wrote:

Deimos wrote:

Please talk for yourself. YOU don't need it.
Topic Starter
khazhyk
It's about user experience and being annoying, not about being an actual significant amount of time wasted... If the interface is annoying that's a perfectly legitimate thing to suggest be improved.
Green Platinum

khazhyk wrote:

It's about user experience and being annoying, not about being an actual significant amount of time wasted... If the interface is annoying that's a perfectly legitimate thing to suggest be improved.
A black circle with a blue outline with welcome written on it is annoying? I'm sincerely confused
Green Platinum

khazhyk wrote:

A black circle with a blue outline with welcome written on it is annoying? I'm sincerely confused
Ace3DF
As a feminist I find that the 2 second delay is very misogynistic ageist my eyes. (jk)

I'm OK with the wait, and I'm usually annoyed with getting stopped for a second from speedrunning shit but I mean by the time I click into the window it's gone anyways
Karuta-_old_1
Disabling the welcome voice is good enough for me

I really don't need that welcome screen at all tbh, I like osu! for its community and uniqueness (I am just fine being greeted with that osu! logo)
ColdTooth

Bauxe wrote:

Still opens faster than pretty much any other game out there.
This sums up the idea. We really don't need it, play other games and you'll see the most would be 25 seconds

For me, TF2 takes about 15 seconds. Patience is a virtue guys.
Rokk
I'm very annoyed by it as well, and I would give this feature request some stars if I could.

"It's not changing, sorry", without even explaining why, is an insult to people who don't like the change. At least give a solid reason for this decision, other than "I think it looks cool, so everyone who doesn't like it is wrong and can go **** themselves".
peppy
Not happening.
konekokittenzzz
8-) welcome to osu 8-)
Rokk

peppy wrote:

Not happening.
Thanks for your constructive and sound arguments. It's a well-known fact that users love being left in the dark.

Oh, wait.
Vuelo Eluko

Teraku wrote:

peppy wrote:

Not happening.
Thanks for your constructive and sound arguments. It's a well-known fact that users love being left in the dark.

Oh, wait.
drum drum

Teraku wrote:

peppy wrote:

Not happening.

Oh, wait.
I don't want to start any fights or arguments but In agreement with a lot of people here it's not all that annoying and it doesn't take as long to open than other games. Patience is a virtue my dear.

In all honesty it's pretty relevant to #8 in the Feature Request Guidelines