forum

Thank you for an amazing game (:

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kiay
I just want to thank peppy and generally just the whole community for an amazing game. I've played osu for a few years now and its been so amazing. I think it's time for me to say thank you and share my experience with osu! with you all =)
I thank peppy for his hard work. I appreciate all the updates and all the attention he gives to the game. I also love that he listens to the community and adds small features that the community suggests.

And just to mention it again, the community is the best ive ever seen in any game. keep it this way guys.

i love you

- kiay ;)
Piine
-cough- : x
Topic Starter
Kiay
aw cough cough so hard to handle ;w ; :P
Yarissa
A peppy appreciation thread doesn't belong in gameplay and rankings.
Topic Starter
Kiay
aw im so sorry... i looked through the categories, and didn't know where to place it @_@ sorry ; _____________;

*hides in corner*

i kind of wanted to thank the community too

* hides further *
nrl
ITS K KIAY I STILL LUV U
Maruyu
moe
Karuta-_old_1
osu! is probably one of the few games that doesn't force me to download shit like gameguard
Bauxe
lolgoodcommunity
Kouya-

Sulker wrote:

-cough- : x
byfar
still having trouble doing beatmap timing. scrub mapping sistem
DahplA
osu best game 2012
>.>
I Give Up

Bauxe wrote:

lolgoodcommunity
Green Platinum
Atleast there is a bit of positivity remaining after this whole OWC fiasco
otoed1
-See my sig.

Nuff said.
nrl

Green Platinum wrote:

People rag on peppy, but let's not forget that osu! is one of the most robust, community-driven rhythm games on the international market, and not only has it lasted longer than most modern games, it's still growing. peppy made that happen, and for years he made it happen totally on his own. He might not be terribly in-touch with the community, but the guy's still a fuckin boss.
otoed1

Narrill wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

People rag on peppy, but let's not forget that osu! is one of the most robust, community-driven rhythm games on the international market, and not only has it lasted longer than most modern games, it's still growing. peppy made that happen, and for years he made it happen totally on his own. He might not be terribly in-touch with the community, but the guy's still a fuckin boss.
Peppy scares me T_T. Most posts where hes interacted with the community, he was yelling at people xD.
nrl
I'm sure he deals with a lot of shit; osu!'s community is pretty young.
[-Cloud-]
He's still acting lke a dick though.
Metro
How did you get the impression that osu! is growing? osu! has been going downhill and it won't stop.
nrl
I don't disagree, but it's unfair to treat him like the villain most people make him out to be.

Metro wrote:

How did you get the impression that osu! is growing? osu! has been going downhill and it won't stop.
As far as I'm aware, the average active user count is still growing. When I started several years ago it peaked at a few thousand. Now it regularly peaks over 10k. Not to mention the vast expansion of the staff that's occurred over the past few years.
winber1
it's only seems like its dying because all the old legends and old people have begun to leave. The community has become (in terms of percentage) more casual. To the newer community it's growing quite a lot, but to the older community, the game has begun to lose its sparks. some of things that have changed over time aren't appealing to everyone, and there's always this nostalgic feeling to be able to go back experience osu! as it once had been, even if there have been a lot of improvements.

and then there's me, some douchebag that wanders around aimlessly huehuehue
nrl
Aye, but that's just par for the course. We should count ourselves lucky osu! has lasted long enough to see the old legends leave; most games don't make it anywhere near that far.
chainpullz
The price to deliver your message of thanks starts at $4.
Rewben2

Metro wrote:

I don't know myself but I joined 2 years ago and since the registered users has gotten 2.5x bigger.
Topic Starter
Kiay

Narrill wrote:

ITS K KIAY I STILL LUV U
amg fanx i lov u 2 TwT *hug*
Nameless
osu! - The world's best rhythm game (and community) as of the 21st century.
COD - The world's worst community as of the 21st century.

If only all of todays multiplayer games could learn something from osu!'s community....
YukinoDesuDesu
too bad no one includes perfect stacks <3 like DJPop in his/her maps nowadays...
winber1
maybe it's cuz these kinds of stacks are unrankable, cuz you know

just maybe, cuz ya

except under a few circumstances
Saphirshroom

MintLatios wrote:

LoL - The world's worst community as of the 21st century.

If only all of todays multiplayer games could learn something from osu!'s community....
Fixed. Or actually, it's probably a tie.
Ring Suzune

Metro wrote:

#truth
chainpullz

Saphirshroom wrote:

MintLatios wrote:

For what it's worth, out of all the MMO's league has the best community. The fact that you think it's the worst just goes to show how shitty every MMO community is. League just happens to be better than all the other MMO communities despite being nothing to write home about itself.
YukinoDesuDesu

winber1 wrote:

maybe it's cuz these kinds of stacks are unrankable, cuz you know

just maybe, cuz ya

except under a few circumstances
i know, i think it's retarded that it's unrankable. actually i asked Andrea and he said the following
http://ask.fm/osuplayer111/answer/115416251678
winber1
yea nothing is wrong with stack leniency 0, that is perfectly allowed if you use it correctly. there is a rule regarding readability that does not allow perfectly stacks notes under specific circumstances. However they've expanded the rule a bit further than it needs to be imo, thought i do not know to what extent it is allowed now, since i haven't been paying attention. Stack leniency is related to the rule, but indirectly
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

For what it's worth, out of all the MMO's league has the best community. The fact that you think it's the worst just goes to show how shitty every MMO community is. League just happens to be better than all the other MMO communities despite being nothing to write home about itself.
If you mean MOBAs, sure. League isn't an MMO, and its community doesn't hold a candle to that of most MMOs.
gregest
yeah,osu is an AMAZING game....osu made me cry,everyday
Nameless

Saphirshroom wrote:

MintLatios wrote:

You have a point.
The majority of popular games these days have horrible communities, which can really just ruin the entire game regardless of how good the game actually is.
Karuta-_old_1
osu! is probably a game that I cannot quit until 30, 7 more years to go
Athrun
osu is where I can relax to awesome music while playing. This brings out the joy as well as meeting many players in multiplayer lobbies
If only people would join in mine. I do 3-5.5 lobbies.
show more