forum

Smoothening out menu animations (switch on/off?)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Jenny
With the new updates to the menu, chat-tabs and popups (like incoming PMs) kind of "rush" in from the side - personally I find this rather clunky and not all-too properly done.

Now, there are two simple courses of action I would just like to bring up since this came up in #modhelp:

1. try to smoothen out the animation
  2. just give us a switch to turn it on and off in the options menu

Sure this is not a huge thing or "feature" but it's a little annoying as it is right now and I (and others) liked it more before the change, so give it a consideration please :p
Mezzaten

i want that thingy to happen
Timorisu

Jenny wrote:

just give us a switch to turn it on and off in the options menu
PLEASE
Kaguya Hourain
Posted for support I NEED that option I love Jenny!
XinCrin
Yes please!
Sadolution
this wushy thing bothers me when opening the Chat. this "shaking" feels really annoying to look at.
It suprisingly doesnt really bothers me on the other things.
I actually like it on the userpanels, but thats because it took "ages" to move before.

Support~
Luna
The shaking chat is freaking aggravating.
I'm not a huge fan of that effect on the other elements either, but I can still deal with it. Just please let me select a non-hyperactive chat opening animation.
C x 2
I support this, I would also like the hover sounds to be toggleable too. :(
formi
Yes please, it's super unpleasant seeing that "animation"!
Oinari-sama
I think the "rush" animation feels weird because the bubble went too far left before getting "pulled back" to normal alignment.

Maybe have the bubbles "hit the wall" (not moving further left than the alignment point) and tweak the "acceleration" instead? I'd personally prefer bubbles starting out slow and picks up speed as it gets closer to the wall (left alignment point), as if the bubbles are fridge magnets.
Dexus
8. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
I have nothing against you personally oinari, but I kind of expect a moderator to actually moderator based on rules of the forums...

This is a personal opinion of your guy's and in the past it's clear peppy wont move from added features unless it's a consensus. If personal message popups are an issue then disable them in your options, an already available feature that will remedy your problem. These really aren't features, they're more design choices than anything.
Oinari-sama
The first point of this request is still valid (smoothing out menu animations).
Osuology
I kinda feel like this is uneeded.