forum

LeaF - Evanescent

posted
Total Posts
show more
Arrival

Leader wrote:

It's not like a "weird" map out of 1000 thousand maps really makes a difference. This is both special and playable, so why not?
If all "special and playable" maps should be ranked, I think the game would be kinda apocalyptic right ?

An APPROVED map shouldn't be just "playable", It should be GOOD, to get approved. I mean it's just one difficulty. This map is playable, yes, but it's not GOOD, sorry. (Or well, if so we should change something in the ranking system).

I just don't understand why, just because it's the Beatmapping contest, this map should be approved. And the pp-gain is, imo, not an excuse. Then let's rank all the """""special"""" maps no ?

I'm not against spotlight this map, but definetly not putting it in a rank system.

PS : I'm not hating the map, I just think it's unfair for other players who make.... "stuff" like this but get spit on because they are unknown or whatever.
Myxo

Arrival wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

You know that this is approval and not rank right
I really hope this is sarcasm.
It probably isn't, since Approval is made for crazy maps like this.

Arrival wrote:

Leader wrote:

It's not like a "weird" map out of 1000 thousand maps really makes a difference. This is both special and playable, so why not?
If all "special and playable" maps should be ranked, I think the game would be kinda apocalyptic right ?

An APPROVED map shouldn't be just "playable", It should be GOOD, to get approved. I mean it's just one difficulty. This map is playable, yes, but it's not GOOD, sorry. (Or well, if so we should change something in the ranking system).

I just don't understand why, just because it's the Beatmapping contest, this map should be approved. And the pp-gain is, imo, not an excuse. Then let's rank all the """""special"""" maps no ?

I'm not against spotlight this map, but definetly not putting it in a rank system.

PS : I'm not hating the map, I just think it's unfair for other players who make.... "stuff" like this but get spit on because they are unknown or whatever.
I don't see what's unfair about this - First of all, if some map from an unknown mapper had won, it would be ranked now instead. Secondly, it's not unfair that this can get ranked while other similar maps can't, since it is a reward for winning the contest.
Sakura
There's already a disclaimer in the creator's words you know
randomizer89

Arrival wrote:

This map is playable, yes, but it's not GOOD, sorry.
This map good, but break rule about only 5+ minutes approved maps (2014 rule) is bad for system.
Stefan

randomizer89 wrote:

This map good, but break rule about only 5+ minutes approved maps (2014 rule) is bad for system.

Stefan wrote:

I highly suggest reading this and to re-think about this.
randomizer89

Stefan wrote:

randomizer89 wrote:

Stefan wrote:

I highly suggest reading this and to re-think about this.
i'm re reading this - and this is no reason to rank this map, change rule about 5 minutes, and rank after, if you break rule -> rules == s**t.
KRZY
I think I understand why this was approved, but it might be a good idea to clarify that this map was approved as a one-time exception for a specific purpose different from ranking normal mapsets, that the approval of this map does not guarantee maps with similar patterns will get approved, and that there will/won't be more of these "one-time exceptions" depending on whether there actually will be or not.
Aurele
Charles is the best! Congratulation on your second win! ♥
Arrival

KRZY wrote:

I think I understand why this was approved, but it might be a good idea to clarify that this map was approved as a one-time exception for a specific purpose different from ranking normal mapsets, that the approval of this map does not guarantee maps with similar patterns will get approved, and that there will/won't be more of these "one-time exceptions" depending on whether there actually will be or not.
That's what I wanted to hear.

But I somehow know that it won't be like that :>
Irreversible
It's not worth debating about it, so why even bothering?

Nobody is obliged to play the map, and as 300 times mentioned before, it was for contest purposes.

although i don't understand myself since when approval is for maps like that, but oh well.
Stefan

randomizer89 wrote:

i'm re reading this - and this is no reason to rank this map, change rule about 5 minutes, and rank after, if you break rule -> rules == s**t.
Then I feel sorry for you. Complaining about this won't help too.

This has been announced a long time ago and it's said it will be approved. And it was already obvious there will be a map with such a mapping style like this one approved. You're nagging on things which were early enough said.
Loctav
Let me summarize this:

You guys are all beyond dumb, don't understand the implication of "gimmick approval" and fail to understand what's an exception to due being part of one of our official events.

Whoever fails to understand that is supposed to fix their English or go play Hello Kitty Online instead.

Locked.
Ephemeral
I felt it important to chime in here.

I am so utterly gobsmacked at the sheer number of people who are seemingly incapable of reading the OP map description and following it through to find out what Aspire actually is, and why this map was approved in the first place.

I strongly encourage every person who was caught up in this to step back, and take a good, long look at themselves and what they are doing here. A fuss was literally made over nothing and people being incapable of reading more than a paragraph's worth of text at once.
Topic Starter
Charles445
Alright it's off the main ranked page, I'd like to keep the thread unlocked because posts are cool.
Fatfan Kolek
Sooo, am I cool now? :O
- Marco -
Am i cool yet? 8)
Stefan
You're not.

I am <3
Cerulean Veyron
yeeeeeeeaa we're kewl :''3
drum drum
wow nice forum title
Wishy
Holy shit this map is just way too good, more stuff like this needs to be allowed.
Wishy

KRZY wrote:

Well that actually doesn't work. Exceptions like this actually disprove rules, as in "if that map was approved why can't mine be approved too?". Especially when the mapper is a BAT, you could argue it's all favoritism.

I love this map tho.