forum

Help on accuracy!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
daikichi
So, I've been playing osu! for some time now, and i noticed my overall accuracy is definitely worst than most. As i keep playing i understand that accuracy is really huge, and im in need for some tips o.o. any ideas?

oh and how is overall accuracy calculated, is it by completed beatmaps, or just.. day to day playing?
first time posting go easy on me :o
thxx
cheezstik
Overall accuracy is calculated through your top list, the higher on the list, the more it's worth. Someone had 100% overall since he had all SS in his top ranks, but they had some S's and A's.

As to improving it, just slow down, listen to the music, and force yourself to get 300s. You know when going for an FC, how you retry when you break combo? Retry when you get too many 100s / 50s and keep going until you instinctively get good accuracy.
NinjaNick
You can't really learn accuracy. It's like teaching a baby how to talk, you don't really do it, it just happens. Practice, that's the best advice anyone can give you. Some people have a good musical ear and can hit notes accurately, others find it hard.

From what I know overall accuracy is based on your completed beat maps.
[ Pustules ]
don't focus on the approach circles. just listen to the music and go with it.
you could practice this with hidden to make sure you don't look at the approach circles.

this is what i did. turned out pretty well but not perfect. but then again, nobody is :P
just keep playing and you WILL improve
Anadyomene
Accuracy is instinctive, or in other words it comes naturally as you test yourself and try to improve with the goal to improve.
Keeby
I have low accuracy too. It's easier to get high accuracy on some songs than others. I find that if I have more experience with the song, my accuracy goes up. Seems obvious, yeah. I'd continue to play harder songs if I were you, but eventually you're going to have to go back and improve your accuracy on older songs if you want to improve (It's usually when you hit a wall).
Athrun
I don't really concentrate on Accuracy. I just hit the notes to the best I can do. If you don't think about it, then it should be fine.
This is why my average accuracy is pretty high.
chainpullz
Stop playing maps that are too hard for you.
otoed1
APlay maps that you can consistently FC and focus on getting high acc on them. Then do it again. And again. And again. Thats why my acc has finally hit 97% acc average. I used to be around 87% xD
Sya
Play easier Maps. I usually play >5.1 star maps and i cant get above 90% there but if I play <4.8 star maps I get 95% (well it's boring though)
rep_old_1
Unlike the rhythmic/instinctive advice given so far in the thread, I found that actually being able to "read" the map helps your accuracy far more, and not by following the notes to the song itself. I put "read" in quotes because I might I have a different definition of it than what other people have...I mean "read" as in being able to see each individual note, and knowing when to hit each note. This usually leads to playing easier maps. I feel like most people's definitions of "read" means knowing where the notes appear on the map in general, then hitting those notes to the song, which is not what I mean.
byfar
you need to learn the ar and do the jumps correctly and accurately.

either that or your keyboard's garbage/mouse/reading(redundancy oh yes)

and yes you have to learn to do it, like anything really on osu
Dekos_old
I suggest just trying to focus on the song and the beat rather than the approach circles. Of course, I'm not the best osu player, but it's what helped me improve my accuracy over time. With more and more practice, it'll be start to come naturally. You can do it cooksgochu!
chainpullz

repath wrote:

Unlike the rhythmic/instinctive advice given so far in the thread, I found that actually being able to "read" the map helps your accuracy far more, and not by following the notes to the song itself. I put "read" in quotes because I might I have a different definition of it than what other people have...I mean "read" as in being able to see each individual note, and knowing when to hit each note. This usually leads to playing easier maps. I feel like most people's definitions of "read" means knowing where the notes appear on the map in general, then hitting those notes to the song, which is not what I mean.
"Read" is as formally defined as "polygons" and "area."
Tokiwadai
Accuracy is based on your Top Ranks.

Looking at your Top Ranks, I have a feeling you just randomly smash keys when it gets too fast for you. You should probably just play lower difficulty maps until you feel more comfortable. >5.00 Stars

Getting a S with 95.78% on a 5.01 Star song is definitely not being comfortable with the song.
chainpullz

Tokiwadai wrote:

Accuracy is based on your Top Ranks.

Looking at your Top Ranks, I have a feeling you just randomly smash keys when it gets too fast for you. You should probably just play lower difficulty maps until you feel more comfortable. >5.00 Stars

Getting a S with 95.78% on a 5.01 Star song is definitely not being comfortable with the song.
Depending on the OD 95.78% isn't that terrible. If your unstable rate is over 200 then yeah its pretty shitty. If it's OD9.8+ and you are sitting on like a 160 unstable rate then that's not the worst. You can get like 98% on OD7/OD8 with ~160 unstable rate.